Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 355 of 361 FirstFirst ... 255305345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7210

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I am looking at the manual and will put a statement in there that the nut is required.
    Wait NVM. it is already in there.

"This main bracket replaces the stock APP tube brackets allowing for usage of the quick caliber change system. Thread a ¼” nut between the press and bracket to achieve the proper height."
    Ouch ……..classic RTFM scenario. My bad. Please accept my sincere appologies.

For the Lee APP accessories is it correct that APP_Spring_APP_Insert_X can be fitted directly on top of APP_Brass_Insert_223 (like on the picture) ?
    Works and feeds fine from what I can see now but APP_Spring_APP_Insert_X have a rounded top(shaped for APP_Drop_Tube_X_Adapter/ APP_Offset_Connector_X).

Med vänliga hälsningar/Best Regards
    ///Roger
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3489.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	324176

Boolit Bub
    Yo mates, everything good?!? )

Me and mates having a marvelous time fiddling with your cool stuff, hehe

I dunno if were supposed to say anything but noticed that
    "Drop_Tube_Prox_Alt_12mm" is missing, well it is there but it is a duplicate of "Drop_Tube_Prox_12mm".
    Just in case you wanna know mates? )

Also, trynna learn some TinkerCad to fiddle and make some ideas and mods I wanna share with you guys. (Not saying good, in fact prolly horrible, but I still wanna share and show you my brainfarts since they might trigger you expert gurus to have some experiments, haha)=
    However TinkerCad aint doing it, as in I mean that I cant do stuff like round corners and stuff so I probably need a more universal software to manifest my mindboggling brainfarts as .stl's?

Were having immense fun putting these together and gosh were running everything through these that we can rip off the walls and whatnot!
    My mate got a mold for a puny 100gn SWC .38sp bullet that some of the guys are loading like pushing them down to the primer so you gotta peek down the brass-hole to even see theres a bullet down there...
    These puny jokes of bullets did cause some confusion for the poor bulletfeeder and some got stuck sideways dropping out of the tray down that hole, it is somewhat V shaped unlike me so I think thats the conundrum.
    So heres my TinkerCad solution - and you'll never guess this (particularly if you know me) but my fix actually worked!!!
    Hmm, how do I share the .stl here?
    Guess it's not here then since my anti-talent for that intrawebb stuff, anyone gots any ideas how to share it here?
    Very modest fix, but since it actually worked... mebbe it's shareable?

Butt back to the software issue,
    Thus I turn to you mates, can you recommend something other than TinkerCad, preferably free?
    I'm an old dog so it would be nice if it was somewhat intuitive, haha
    Anyhows would appreciate your thoughts on this

May the force be with you mates!
    /Silverbullit the Swedish Chupacabra!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 03-06-2024 at 08:38 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    One part that you are not using is the brass base up ramp. It may not be necessary, but if you find cases are sometimes having a hard time flipping it will fix that.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...e_Up_300mm.stl
    I am trying to get brass base up working on a 300 size as well. I downloaded the 1.4.6.5 release and do not see the 300 Brass Base Up ramp file in the zip file. I Logged in to GitHub and I do not see it in the Main Body folder either. Am I blind? UPDATE: Found it in GitHub by switching to the main branch instead of the release.

Am I correct that for base up feeding of 40 S&W, the small pistol brass base up collator plate and brass base up small slide plate are the correct ones to use?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ranger391xt; 03-06-2024 at 11:38 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I've been using freecad for the past 18 months or so. Not gonna lie, learning any real cad program is gonna take time. I like freecad due to the overwhelming amount of video tutorials on it. I've learned a lot and can draw up a lot of things quite quickly now when someone has an idea that they want turned into reality. My models now compared to 14 months ago are so dramatically better. Also burning tons of filament and learning about 3d printing has helped in that and drives my designs. Give it a look and see what you think.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarysparky View Post
    I've been using freecad for the past 18 months or so. Not gonna lie, learning any real cad program is gonna take time. I like freecad due to the overwhelming amount of video tutorials on it. I've learned a lot and can draw up a lot of things quite quickly now when someone has an idea that they want turned into reality. My models now compared to 14 months ago are so dramatically better. Also burning tons of filament and learning about 3d printing has helped in that and drives my designs. Give it a look and see what you think.
    +1 on the FreeCad. Been using it off and on since I bought my first printer back in 2021. I have modeled things from scratch (ex. the wife asked for something to put on the inside of cabinet door to hold gladware lids), reverse engineer replacement part (pool skimmer basket handle), and take stls and tweak/modify them - event cut up two stls so I could merge features into one model. FreeCad definitely has a lot of functionality.

That said, it can also be quirky. I have tried to modify features of a model only to have it completely jack things up. Example, if I have a model with 6 features, call them 1 thru 6, and I decide to change feature 3, then features 4-6 might get messed up and the only way to fix the model is to remove those features and re-add them after modifying feature 3.

In general tho, you can't beat what it can do for the price.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    I am trying to get brass base up working on a 300 size as well. I downloaded the 1.4.6.5 release and do not see the 300 Brass Base Up ramp file in the zip file. I Logged in to GitHub and I do not see it in the Main Body folder either. Am I blind? UPDATE: Found it in GitHub by switching to the main branch instead of the release.

Am I correct that for base up feeding of 40 S&W, the small pistol brass base up collator plate and brass base up small slide plate are the correct ones to use?
    While the 40 brass will fit in the small collator plate, I don't think many will drop in. I did all my testing for .40 using the large plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Yo mates, everything good?!? )

Me and mates having a marvelous time fiddling with your cool stuff, hehe

I dunno if were supposed to say anything but noticed that
    "Drop_Tube_Prox_Alt_12mm" is missing, well it is there but it is a duplicate of "Drop_Tube_Prox_12mm".
    Just in case you wanna know mates? )
    Glad to hear you guys are making the most of it!

That may have been a mistake on my part. All of the alt drop tubes were recently updated. Check out the latest.

Boolit Bub
    I just added a new 5.45x39 feed die to github.
    Hi TylerR, have any luck with the Grendel die? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M500 View Post
    Hi TylerR, have any luck with the Grendel die? Thanks
    I have one designed but have no way to test it. I will post it to github if you want to give it a try and give me feedback.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...e_6.5G_Set.stl
    Last edited by TylerR; 03-08-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Its on the printer. I will know tonight how it does. Thank you.

Boolit Mold
    I found some references to it but no file. Does anyone have a bracket or adapter to use this on the X-10 to the OEM tubing that the case feeder is on?

Quote Originally Posted by robpiat View Post
    I found some references to it but no file. Does anyone have a bracket or adapter to use this on the X-10 to the OEM tubing that the case feeder is on?
    What exactly are you looking for.? Looking at the x-10 press, I would probably run a 1" tube up from the bench.

Boolit Mold
    What exactly are you looking for.? Looking at the x-10 press, I would probably run a 1" tube up from the bench.
    I'm printing out this bracket to see if I can make it work. Ideally, I'd want to mount it on the tube that's integrated in the press rather than another. Plenty of height for it.

https://www.printables.com/model/690...rd-arsenal-x-1

Back in the thread I found something but not sure exactly how that works.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5571562

Boolit Bub
    I have one designed but have no way to test it. I will post it to github if you want to give it a try and give me feedback.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...e_6.5G_Set.stl
    Insert ID is too small. I can force bullets in, but tight. Ends are deburred. I can test print a tube for ID size when I am done with current print.

Insert ID is too small. I can force bullets in, but tight. Ends are deburred. I can test print a tube for ID size when I am done with current print.
    OK, did you run a round file down it a couple of times to smooth it out? 6.5G spec says bullet dia is 6.71mm (.264) The insert diameter is 6.9mm in 3d CAD. Are the bullets you are using 6.71mm?

I just opened it up to 7mm even. Gives you .3mm clearance. I updated github.

The other thing I want to make sure is that the bearing holes are in a workable location for the bullets you are using. I think you would use the middle hole.
    Last edited by TylerR; 03-08-2024 at 07:11 PM.

Boolit Bub
    The revised insert still required a little cleanup around the holes, but works great afterwards. 123's work well from the middle hole. A 130 scirocco feed some and stuck some in the middle, thinking it would be fine in the top hole. Don't have anything lighter to test, but should be good I think.

I'll let you think about this zip a little bit. Something I've been working on. Thank you TylerR.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The revised insert still required a little cleanup around the holes, but works great afterwards. 123's work well from the middle hole. A 130 scirocco feed some and stuck some in the middle, thinking it would be fine in the top hole. Don't have anything lighter to test, but should be good I think.

I'll let you think about this zip a little bit. Something I've been working on. Thank you TylerR.
    That is good. The bearing placement relative to the die body is a big part of figuring these dies out. Would love to hear if the top hole works for the longer bullets.

Boolit Bub
    I tested the 130 in the top hole. It works good. Even the 123 works well in the top hole, as its tip is past them. I have nothing longer or heavier than the 130 to test. It may be necessary to have holes further up if one was looking to load the 147's or 153's, but those won't be used in the grendel. However it appears that this die would also work on a creedmoor case. They frequently are loaded with a 147 or 153, though I wouldn't expect them to be loaded on a progressive.

If you choose to change it, don't add another set of holes to the top. The insert doesn't move much to release a bullet when bearings are in the top hole. Instead, lengthen the insert below the holes. Probably add some thread length to the body if you do. Not needed for the grendel though, works good as is. Thank you.

Boolit Bub
    Glad to hear you guys are making the most of it!

That may have been a mistake on my part. All of the alt drop tubes were recently updated. Check out the latest.
    You make no mistakes TyleR, you are p e r f e c t !!!
    Thanks mate!
    I'm checking it out right now )

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    You make no mistakes TyleR, you are p e r f e c t !!!
    Thanks mate!
    I'm checking it out right now )
    Haha! far from it. I just cover my mistakes well

Page 355 of 361 FirstFirst ... 255305345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast