MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 80 of 358 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 7147

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I posted video a few pages back which shows everything in place and running, and then just posted a pic for GWS of the spring and tube setup.
    I remember now..Off to look.

I'll give the fender washer thing a try. Good idea. I got the angle just right and just tightened it down permanent as I've printed another complete set up for my APP so wont have to move stuff around.

Kind of off topic but not.

Clear PLA or natural. Hmmmmmm I could see a bowl done in clear.

Btw, used the filament dryer today. Works fabulous! I had that clear that would not print worth a hoot because I left it out too long. Dried it for 4 hours then left it in the dryer while printing...perfect print.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5128257E-58DA-46C8-9FFF-7D190C4DD8E6.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	269611

Boolit Mold
    Tyler,

The special base you made for me and the amazon motor is done. The motor is amazing! The base holes lined up perfectly and I'm in the final stages of assembly. I just did a 50 bullet test run while literally holding the feeder in my hand and had a 100% base down success rate.

Much more detailed post with pictures to follow. But I did want to let you know the four mounting holes for the feeder spring/tube adapter were left off this base design. I'm so psyched right now with the initial success it's not even a big deal, but if you intend to share it with others I would add those back.

I am measuring the 3 springs I have from DAA at 10.4mm, 13mm, and 13.5mm.

I use a spring to a drop tube, and then an adapter from the drop tube to the rigid tube Lee provides with the APP for both bullet sizing and case feeding.

Attachment 269571
    The reason I asked is I was wondering if the case bases might be more apt to hang up in a spring. Guess not.

The other reason I asked is whether .223 rifle bullets would work with those sizes......

I don't have any DAA springs, but I do have Hornady springs that came with their pistol bullet feeder.

Interesting Comparison below:

Hornady small 9.6 compared to DAA 10.4 (I.S.)
    Hornady medium 10.4 compared to DAA 13 (I.S.)
    Hornady large 13.5 compared to DAA 13.5 (I.S.)

Sorry that was ID. I missed the OD part. One second.....

OD (Roughly) 12.1mm, 15.1mm and 15.75mm
    The reason I asked for O.S. too is that such is nice to have to design 3d printed threads for each.

With clear rigid tubing for feeding .223, 1/4" tubing (6.35mm) works best as bigger ones can bind the bullets as they try to slide points beside the next bullet bases, but I see less of that with springs. I wonder how a screen door spring would work for .223?

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    The reason I asked is I was wondering if the case bases might be more apt to hang up in a spring. Guess not.
    Not from my experience.

The other reason I asked is whether .223 rifle bullets would work with those sizes......
    I believe the small spring is recommended by DAA for that caliber.

With clear rigid tubing for feeding .223, 1/4" tubing (6.35mm) works best as bigger ones can bind the bullets as they try to slide points beside the next bullet bases, but I see less of that with springs.
    I think this has more to do with the bullet just passing through or stopping in the tube/spring. If it is stopping then the tolerance has to much tighter. In the original design the spring is just for passing through.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATX View Post
    Tyler,

The special base you made for me and the amazon motor is done. The motor is amazing! The base holes lined up perfectly and I'm in the final stages of assembly. I just did a 50 bullet test run while literally holding the feeder in my hand and had a 100% base down success rate.

Much more detailed post with pictures to follow. But I did want to let you know the four mounting holes for the feeder spring/tube adapter were left off this base design. I'm so psyched right now with the initial success it's not even a big deal, but if you intend to share it with others I would add those back.
    I am very glad to hear it worked well for you. I look forward to future pics/video.
    I went ahead and added the holes to that base. Since they are missing on yours you can use the Drop_Hole_Plug as an alignment tool when attaching the adapter. That's how I used to do it.

Hold off on printing the base up slide plates for now, if you had any intentions to do so. Making another change. lol

Hold off on printing the base up slide plates for now, if you had any intentions to do so. Making another change. lol

Drats, one was on the printer now..oh well. Other items printing

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Drats, one was on the printer now..oh well. Other items printing
    Large slide or small? The large plate will probably function 100% for you.

Boolit Man
    Well, version 1.0.5 has been officially posted. Main change is the addition of Base Up case feeding. The large has been tested and works with 45acp and 40SW. The small works with 9mm and 380acp. I don't know if anyone has a need to bulge bust 380 but who knows?

Some other additions include a few of my adapters for feeding to the APP press. New Dillon side mount mentioned above, new motor body recently requested and the wall extender are in there as well.
    All hex collator plates have been generated with 12.4mm hex hole. If you need something different you can generate it.

Any and all feedback is welcome, and happy printing.
    Which pieces do I need for the dillon casefeed mount? Only one says dillon in the description. Too many to choose from which is a good problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    Which pieces do I need for the dillon casefeed mount? Only one says dillon in the description. Too many to choose from which is a good problem.
    Mount_Dillon_Hang
    Mount_Dillon_Hang_Base

Boolit Man
    Mount_Dillon_Hang
    Mount_Dillon_Hang_Base
    Unless I'm losing my mind only one of them says dillon and it's for rod? And now your google drive says no files.

Large slide or small? The large plate will probably function 100% for you.
    Large

Unless I'm losing my mind only one of them says dillon and it's for rod? And now your google drive says no files.
    I have no mount with rod in the name, so I am not sure what files you are looking at. I did remove the download because I am making a change. I just posted the two mount files you are looking for though.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Large
    It will be fine then. I am posting a small change though. Trying to squeeze out every bit of reliability I can.

Boolit Man
    I have no mount with rod in the name, so I am not sure what files you are looking at. I did remove the download because I am making a change. I just posted the two mount files you are looking for though.
    Sweet got em, these print ok without supports?
    Last edited by Fil131; 10-17-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Sweet got em, these print ok without supports?
    Absolutely. Just lay them on the their side on the build plate. The round part is flush with the side, so it will build that right up from the bottom no issue. 3d printers love to make circles without supports.

Name:	mount.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	269621

Boolit Man
    Absolutely. Just lay them on the their side on the build plate. The round part is flush with the side, so it will build that right up from the bottom no issue. 3d printers love to make circles without supports.

Name:	mount.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	269621
    Gotcha makes sense, I couldn't tell that the circular pieces were all the way to the edge at first glance

Files are back up.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Tyler,

Thanks for putting the APP files up

Can you please explain how they work? I know it might sound dumb but a picture goes a long way for me.

Thanks again!

Page 80 of 358 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast