Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise hereInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 6135 USD (102%)
OUR GOAL HAS BEEN MET!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****


Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 710

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

  1. #681
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    I'm working on a plate design to sort .380 ACP, Makarov, and 9mm cases from one another based on case length. Hopefully will have something posted up this weekend if anyone is interested.

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwright View Post
    I'm working on a plate design to sort .380 ACP, Makarov, and 9mm cases from one another based on case length. Hopefully will have something posted up this weekend if anyone is interested.
    very interesting. Never thought of that being a possibility.

  3. #683
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    very interesting. Never thought of that being a possibility.
    It's still in design, but basically I'm creating a new base plate with slots for each size (9x17, 9x18, 9x19) with a step for each to ride and hopefully tip off into the correct slot in the base. Anything shorter (.22, .25, .32) could drop out the hole normally used for the drop tube. Longer ones I need to add something to kick them off the collator plate or prevent them from up-righting into the holes. I also still need to draw up some kind of funnel system to connect to direct sorted brass to their final destination.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBF_9mmSorter.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	239601

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBF_9mmSorterBase.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	239602

  4. #684
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    I was able to get a prototype printed tonight and mess with it a bit. I've got some modifications to do/try, but found it worked fine in small batches. The chrome plated brass is 9mm, the other is .380
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-10 22.29.43.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	239617

    Just ran 3 tests with some masking tape to guide the brass to it's bucket. Each time all went to it's correct bucket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-10 22.28.28.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	239618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-10 22.29.14.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	239619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-10 22.30.13.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	239620

    However more than a handful of brass and things got dicey. The current design doesn't allow much play and it has to run pretty flat to get the brass to topple, so when there is too much brass in the cup it tends to ride up in between brass in the collator and jamb it. I have a couple of ideas to try, but hopefully will work it out this week.

  5. #685
    Outstanding and inventive and to already have an actual "working" setup is pretty cool.

  6. #686
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    Outstanding and inventive and to already have an actual "working" setup is pretty cool.
    Agreed, very awesome and a working concept model too.

  7. #687
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    I made some progress, but still not consistent when there is a lot of brass in the cup. I need to mount the feeder to keep the angle consistent mostly. I also still have some brass getting caught when it's between the notches of the collator plate, I may need to add some small ramps there to keep any from riding up with the brass that has fallen into that plate.

    It would also help if I got the speed controller put on this feeder as it's running at about 10 or 15 rpm currently and with 3 different sizes to sort it may be running too fast for the short time it has to drop into it's slot that 50mm wide plate, which individually are about 14 mm wide.

  8. #688
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Could someone explain to me how this side mount is configured?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount Pic.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	240001

    I see that its using this printed piece, and there looks to be screws in each of the holes around the circular part, but what is on the inside to allow it to mount?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount stl.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	240002

  9. #689
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMSL View Post
    Could someone explain to me how this side mount is configured?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mount Pic.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	240001

    I see that its using this printed piece, and there looks to be screws in each of the holes around the circular part, but what is on the inside to allow it to mount?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount stl.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	240002
    I looked at the bf_v2_mount_hang_var_bf_side_WH120, it appears to use 4 screws to bite into the threads of the bolt, just 4 little screws holding this together. I wouldn't recommend it, this design is much better, bf_v2_mount_3_4_inch_squared_WH120

    If you want to use round 1" OD, then check out my re-mix
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3531187
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b671c06db78a9141686453e390f18be0_preview_featured.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	240028

  10. #690
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
    I looked at the .STL, it appears to use 4 screws to bite into the threads of the bolt, just 4 little screws holding this together. I wouldn't recommend it, this design is much better, bf_v2_mount_3_4_inch_squared_WH120

    If you want to use round 1" OD, then check out my re-mix
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3531187
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b671c06db78a9141686453e390f18be0_preview_featured.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	240028
    Yea I ended up going with that mount. I guessed it was just as you said, screws biting on the threads of a bolt, which I feel wouldn’t be secure enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #691
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Ruebarb, I like that mount design.... I used the 1" round tube adapter of Mike's... But nothing 1" I could find fit it. I ended up getting 3/4 black pipe and a floor flange and put a couple washers inside the 1" fitting to make everything work..... Mounted it to my ceiling above my 1050. Yup it was too far right the 1st shot...... But this is "my room" so I didn't get a beating

    I may print your adjustable one and see if that works better for me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190417_112408-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	240126
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190420_071701-2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	240127

  12. #692
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Ruebarb, I like that mount design.... I used the 1" round tube adapter of Mike's... But nothing 1" I could find fit it. I ended up getting 3/4 black pipe and a floor flange and put a couple washers inside the 1" fitting to make everything work..... Mounted it to my ceiling above my 1050. Yup it was too far right the 1st shot...... But this is "my room" so I didn't get a beating

    I may print your adjustable one and see if that works better for me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190417_112408-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	240126
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190420_071701-2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	240127
    Spackle & caulk are our friend, hide most mistakes.

    Interesting approach, I never thought of mounting from the ceiling. If you try mine, let me know how it works for you, thanks

  13. #693
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14

    Making that Bullet Collator

    I finally got my feeder up and running, just need to find a spring for the little flipper finger thing.

    If anyone would like the files for the cable cover, under the bullet feeder, or the Jig I used to line up the holes on the 3/4 in rod, you can find them here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3520214

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LU...Ko-eAZ_DieVBwt


    Last edited by ProMSL; 04-20-2019 at 11:55 PM.

  14. #694
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMSL View Post
    I finally got my feeder up and running, just need to find a spring for the little flipper finger thing.
    I just used a ball point pen spring..... worked perfect

  15. #695
    I've read all 35 pages and got an Ender 3 coming tomorrow. Can't wait to start making this!

  16. #696
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Grave of Liberty
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonjack3d View Post
    I've read all 35 pages and got an Ender 3 coming tomorrow. Can't wait to start making this!
    No issues printing the collator with my Ender 3 - Just be certain to get your slicer settings ironed out before starting in on a 30 hour print.

  17. #697
    These are the settings I was planning to use. Any recommended changes? btw, the cubic subdivision infil is listed since I read that it is very strong (also reduces print time a bit).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cura Settings to share on Castboolits.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	241916

  18. #698
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonjack3d View Post
    These are the settings I was planning to use. Any recommended changes? btw, the cubic subdivision infil is listed since I read that it is very strong (also reduces print time a bit).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cura Settings to share on Castboolits.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	241916
    Assuming you’re printing with a .04 nozzle, I think that’s the size that comes with an ender 3, you should change your layer height to .16.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #699
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonjack3d View Post
    These are the settings I was planning to use. Any recommended changes? btw, the cubic subdivision infil is listed since I read that it is very strong (also reduces print time a bit).
    But even more so print out a calibration cube, adjust your printer correctly, and do a couple test prints before you start on a long print. Also print out a temperature tower for the filament you’re using.

    Go ahead a google it and it’ll make sense to you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #700
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Just an FYI I was able to get the feeder to reliable flip cast bullets (power coated) Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 356-125-2R 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 380 ACP (356 Diameter) 125 Grain 2 Ogive Radius using the bf_v2_adj_turning_plate_big_cal_double_slide.stl

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check