Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    I'll print a 223 adapter and give drilling it out a shot.

38 spl feeds fine from the 357 insert, so possibly 44spl will do fine with the 44mag insert (maybe 380 with 9mm too). I'll try 10mm thru a 40 adapter, but being taller may not work as well. We'll see.

My printer has started extruding poorly when printing infill now, so once I get that cleared up I'll print more adapters.

Boolit Mold
    what motor would you suggest for high speed pistol brass collation to a rollsizer?

Quote Originally Posted by RightAngle View Post
    I'll print a 223 adapter and give drilling it out a shot.

38 spl feeds fine from the 357 insert, so possibly 44spl will do fine with the 44mag insert (maybe 380 with 9mm too). I'll try 10mm thru a 40 adapter, but being taller may not work as well. We'll see.

My printer has started extruding poorly when printing infill now, so once I get that cleared up I'll print more adapters.
    I can definitely add more inserts. You said 9/16" for the .223. Are you using some kind of flexible vinyl tubing?
    Last edited by TylerR; 12-12-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerandre View Post
    Way cool. Where did you order the longer spring ?
    Just went to the local ACE hardware.....back in the nut.bolts, screws dept. In stock no less.

Quote Originally Posted by JStuhlmiller View Post
    what motor would you suggest for high speed pistol brass collation to a rollsizer?
    My answer is always the same for motors these days. 634JS.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    My answer is always the same for motors these days. 634JS.
    The 634JS for sure looks really nice - but really expensive outside of US. I need to get my skills on Fusion 360 in order so I can make a setup for 5840-31ZY motor.

Boolit Mold
    I don't know if it helps, I bought "Greartisan DC 12V 10RPM" off Amazon and it is currently listed in the US. If you look for "634JS" on Amazon it doesn't show up. If you look at the pictures, it shows it is a 634JS motor family. I bought it a year ago and it worked.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I can definitely add more inserts. You said 9/16" for the .223. Are you using some kind of flexible vinyl tubing?
    Just using the tubing that comes with the Lee shake style collator. I believe its 9/16 or 14mm OD. The same size as the 9mm and 45 inserts.Can measure for you if needed.

44spl, 10mm, and 380 inserts would be awesome if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by RightAngle; 12-16-2023 at 12:49 PM.

And these are replacement tubes of the same size.....9/16"

https://leeprecision.com/case-feeder-tubes

You can search Feed Tubes on the Lee Site and find a few other sizes smaller for bullets, but these are the standard Lee case feeder tubes. I found tubes from aquarium supply sites that can telescope inside them when needed.....but its iffy with Chinese metric sizes being sold too.

Just a year or two ago clear rigid tubes were constants....sized OD in 1/16 increments 3/8 to 3/4" with 1/32 walls........which meant they nicely telescoped into each other. The all you had to do is use a brass case chamfer tool .... chamfer the inside edge of the smaller tube and bullets and cases just slid nice from one size to the smaller with no slowing down or hanging. Now it's trial and error finding what you want.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    And these are replacement tubes of the same size.....9/16"

https://leeprecision.com/case-feeder-tubes

You can search Feed Tubes on the Lee Site and find a few other sizes smaller for bullets, but these are the standard Lee case feeder tubes. I found tubes from aquarium supply sites that can telescope inside them when needed.....but its iffy with Chinese metric sizes being sold too.

Just a year or two ago clear rigid tubes were constants....sized OD in 1/16 increments 3/8 to 3/4" with 1/32 walls........which meant they nicely telescoped into each other. The all you had to do is use a brass case chamfer tool .... chamfer the inside edge of the smaller tube and bullets and cases just slid nice from one size to the smaller with no slowing down or hanging. Now it's trial and error finding what you want.
    No doubt, I ordered a metric tube that you suggested off amazon, and it works great. The lee 9/16 telescopes perfectly inside of it.

Got my bullet feeder all setup. I'm having quite a time getting Lee 158gr RNFP to collate 100%. Gonna take a stab at it again this evening.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RightAngle View Post

Got my bullet feeder all setup. I'm having quite a time getting Lee 158gr RNFP to collate 100%. Gonna take a stab at it again this evening.
    I have had pretty good luck with the #5 slide plate for the Lee 358-158-RNFP.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    I have had pretty good luck with the #5 slide plate for the Lee 358-158-RNFP.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Boolit Bub
    In addition to RogerAndre's, Walnuts and the rest of our mates above on the 634j's...

Yeah I ordered these 634j's, after the collected cost of the item (634J 10rpm), shipping, custom, toll fees and exchange fees 1 piece of 634j is more than double the price at arrival. Not kidding (What happened with 25% VAT?)
    16 motors came to 1066,66usd/10.919,68sek (I did not dare to order all of them at once, thus I ordered 8, 3 and 5 total 16 motors. Also mind the exchange rate has wobbled around a tad between orders so thats also a factor. Mightve forgot one of the shippingcosts but...)
    Each motor was 682Sek/each when here, or in US currency 66,66usd/each

So 29.99usd in Amazon shop is 66,66usd @ arrival here in Sweden

Actually theres another component thats a killer on the piggybank, thats the recommended Amazon relays
    I got hmm 8 or 10 of them and the Debit card withdrawal was like 230 usd so hmm thats prolly around the same markup after the mafia robbed us.. I mean customs got hold of our debit cards *lol*

But it is worth it many times around, not only is this a great project that collected my small circle of practice/competition shooting mates at a time of the year when we need some project time!
    This is an awesome project and we thank you all here from TylerR/GWS/Walnut/GillieDog - to well, everyone here,
    this is an amazing project that me and my clubmates (Leffe, Markus, Andreas, Håkan and yours truly) put our souls in to during the cold desolate winter of the northern swedish wilderness!
    Man I cant tell you guys how much it means to have something awesome like this to fiddle with saving our sanitys snowed in here under the darkness of winter!!!
    Were all building the small one (printerbed not large nouf for the next level 300,eds nor the Mongo, we have to be mongo ourselfs until we get our paws on a larger printerbed printer!)
    and were doing all three iterations, I done the microswitch version and oh man it is hard to find a microswitch that has a soft nouf boner to bend under the weight of brass...
    I'm on the second build, the one with the proximity sensor - this is just awesome right from last tightened screw!
    Next will the led switch version lurk around the corners here

These things are so darn great I gonna put one or two on each reloading press and if I run out of presses I'll puttem on my coffemaker and sodastreamer! haha

These contraptions works a lot better than our "Ms. Bulletfeedrandomways" does so theyre getting stored in drawers as we speak.
    Also these grimartefacts 634j are a lot stronger motors that works better than the ones that comes with our LNL and Dillons so were kinda oogling them wondering if it might be a grand idea to replace the original motors with these that has the power to circulate a handful of brass without sounding like a flatulent aunt jacking up a car...
    These motors will come in handy in so many projects with the circuitry all layed out and all for total noobs, greenhorns and the wannabee nobs such as us )
    Also we all thinking strongly aboot the above replacing the LNL and Dillon case feeder motors with these that has some ooomph to them and not hang if you load more than 2 cases at once...

A big question, has anyone made an .stl of the Main_Body_M634JS and the wall extender as one unit? (Tweaking away the unneccessary clamps and just smoothed it over)
    If so, is that .stl availible?

May the force be with you mates!!!
    /Silverbullit the Swedish bullitspreader
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 12-18-2023 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Swenglish... (Spelling of 9th language - dire need of corrections)

Well that wasn't easy......geometry on Design Spark is really hard to get exact.....but it's as close as I can get it.....and maybe saved TylerR the grief......MainBody Extended.zip

I feel for you Swedes dealing with the damned exchange rates, international shipping from the US and the world in general is going to hell. Maybe things will get better, but I think we are heading for the same thing here. You Danites hang on (as in the tribe of Dan). We Ephraimites over here are family.....and the Jews (Judah) too. Wish you all well.
    Last edited by GWS; 12-18-2023 at 01:56 AM.

Here is TylerRs on the collator. I never printed it because I have 300mm for cases.
    It is probably 3 or 4mm shorter than attaching with the "clamps"

With Wall Extension.zip
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Well that wasn't easy......geometry on Design Spark is really hard to get exact.....but it's as close as I can get it.....and maybe saved TylerR the grief......
    TinkerCad has same problem. No snap to dimension or line or extension, no align to other object, etc., like we had in AutoCad.

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Boolit Bub

Wink

GWS & Gillie Dog,

Thank you a bazillion mates!!!
    If you ever get lost in the forrest at hunting and stumble out of the woods in Piteå, Sweden, I'll get some sixpacks & spicy sausages and we can sit and watch these bullet/case feeders "run like forest"!!!

I tried trimming the wall extender and sticking it to the main body in TinkerCad, with my mindboggling skills even my optometrist asked what the hell where you doing?
    The local bartender looked at my efforts and said no more beers for you mate!

So I really appreciate your skilled help mates!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 12-18-2023 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    In addition to RogerAndre's, Walnuts and the rest of our mates above on the 634j's...

Yeah I ordered these 634j's, after the collected cost of the item (634J 10rpm), shipping, custom, toll fees and exchange fees 1 piece of 634j is more than double the price at arrival. Not kidding (What happened with 25% VAT?)
    16 motors came to 1066,66usd/10.919,68sek (I did not dare to order all of them at once, thus I ordered 8, 3 and 5 total 16 motors. Also mind the exchange rate has wobbled around a tad between orders so thats also a factor. Mightve forgot one of the shippingcosts but...)
    Each motor was 682Sek/each when here, or in US currency 66,66usd/each

So 29.99usd in Amazon shop is 66,66usd @ arrival here in Sweden

Actually theres another component thats a killer on the piggybank, thats the recommended Amazon relays
    I got hmm 8 or 10 of them and the Debit card withdrawal was like 230 usd so hmm thats prolly around the same markup after the mafia robbed us.. I mean customs got hold of our debit cards *lol*

But it is worth it many times around, not only is this a great project that collected my small circle of practice/competition shooting mates at a time of the year when we need some project time!
    This is an awesome project and we thank you all here from TylerR/GWS/Walnut/GillieDog - to well, everyone here,
    this is an amazing project that me and my clubmates (Leffe, Markus, Andreas, Håkan and yours truly) put our souls in to during the cold desolate winter of the northern swedish wilderness!
    Man I cant tell you guys how much it means to have something awesome like this to fiddle with saving our sanitys snowed in here under the darkness of winter!!!
    Were all building the small one (printerbed not large nouf for the next level 300,eds nor the Mongo, we have to be mongo ourselfs until we get our paws on a larger printerbed printer!)
    and were doing all three iterations, I done the microswitch version and oh man it is hard to find a microswitch that has a soft nouf boner to bend under the weight of brass...
    I'm on the second build, the one with the proximity sensor - this is just awesome right from last tightened screw!
    Next will the led switch version lurk around the corners here

These things are so darn great I gonna put one or two on each reloading press and if I run out of presses I'll puttem on my coffemaker and sodastreamer! haha

These contraptions works a lot better than our "Ms. Bulletfeedrandomways" does so theyre getting stored in drawers as we speak.
    Also these grimartefacts 634j are a lot stronger motors that works better than the ones that comes with our LNL and Dillons so were kinda oogling them wondering if it might be a grand idea to replace the original motors with these that has the power to circulate a handful of brass without sounding like a flatulent aunt jacking up a car...
    These motors will come in handy in so many projects with the circuitry all layed out and all for total noobs, greenhorns and the wannabee nobs such as us )
    Also we all thinking strongly aboot the above replacing the LNL and Dillon case feeder motors with these that has some ooomph to them and not hang if you load more than 2 cases at once...

A big question, has anyone made an .stl of the Main_Body_M634JS and the wall extender as one unit? (Tweaking away the unneccessary clamps and just smoothed it over)
    If so, is that .stl availible?

May the force be with you mates!!!
    /Silverbullit the Swedish bullitspreader
    Really appreciate you sharing that. put a smile on my face. I will tell you this is exactly why I enjoy sharing my work. Reading your story and how much you and your shooting/reloading buddies are getting out of it makes all the time worth it. Cheers to you brother!

Vendor Sponsor

Popping in again, hi guys!

Have any of the collaters been used for 9mm brass? If yes can someone point me the the files please?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Popping in again, hi guys!

Have any of the collaters been used for 9mm brass? If yes can someone point me the the files please?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    I use it for 9mm brass all the time. Files are in the "Downloads" in my signature.

Page 342 of 361 FirstFirst ... 242292332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352 ... LastLast