RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 37 of 358 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    As of today, Mike's Design of this on Thingverse has been taken down
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    This is sad news, wonder if its because of threat of copyright infringement or he was just overwhelmed with all the updates and requests....

Unfortunately for MB, if its copyright, it wont slow down an individual from being creative, im sure there are 100s if not 1000s of Mikes files on computers all over the world...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I downloaded the version that was up on Thingiverse about two weeks ago... I think I still have them.

Wondering what the rules are about such things...wondering if the mods would be OK with me attaching them to a post?
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Buddy
    Also Just read that DAA will no longer sell Motors, power supplies, microswitches, or wiring harnesses

Boolit Bub
    To answer that question: Yes that is what I did. I think my Rod might have been a little longer that 1.5 inches tho. But you are on the right track.
    Eventually I will make something else.

Boolit Bub
    When using a Jgy 370 motor. Anyone know what the RPM should be. I will be using a speed controller.

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Also Just read that DAA will no longer sell Motors, power supplies, microswitches, or wiring harnesses
    They are getting smart.
    Glad I have mine motors already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Mold
    Someone please tell me that they still have all the STL files from Thingiverse. I just bought an ender 5, 4 weeks ago and never got around to downloading all the files, I think I'm missing the light sensor drop tube files.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Someone please tell me that they still have all the STL files from Thingiverse. I just bought an ender 5, 4 weeks ago and never got around to downloading all the files, I think I'm missing the light sensor drop tube files.
    No longer have them. Ed
    Last edited by RedlegEd; 01-07-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I came on here to see if anything new was posted, and the whole DIY bullet feeder world has been blown apart. I use the DAA stuff. Stuff is not on their site, but where did you read this initially? This is horrible.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Check your default "downloads" folder if on a windows machine. If you havent manually cleaned them out, every zip file you downloaded would still be there...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
    When using a Jgy 370 motor. Anyone know what the RPM should be. I will be using a speed controller.
    Buy The 10RPM.... and use the speed controller.... Unless you have automation I don't think you will be able to outrun it

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    They are getting smart.
    Glad I have mine motors already

Hatch, is it ok if I attach the .zip archive of the files that were current on Thingiverse as of November 4 to a post in this thread?

I don't see that we'd run into a legality problem, as these are open source licensed files that were freely available to redistribute (and modify) under that license.

I've been getting quite a few PM's for the files, and was just thinking this would be a better way for guys that need the files to get them.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

ADMIN

I don’t see a issue with that

Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Hatch, is it ok if I attach the .zip archive of the files that were current on Thingiverse as of November 4 to a post in this thread?

I don't see that we'd run into a legality problem, as these are open source licensed files that were freely available to redistribute (and modify) under that license.

I've been getting quite a few PM's for the files, and was just thinking this would be a better way for guys that need the files to get them.
    None of that applies if they were taken down under threat of legal action from Mr. Bulletfeeder. MBF also sunk a project called Entirely Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    I don’t see a issue with that

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    None of that applies if they were taken down under threat of legal action from Mr. Bulletfeeder. MBF also sunk a project called Entirely Crimson.
    We don't know why they were taken down, just that they were taken down.

I'm going to attempt to attach the .zip archive of AmmoMike's Open Bullet Feeder project that was current as of November 4, 2019 to this post.

Actually, it's not going to work... the forum size limit for .zip archives is 3MB per file. The project .zip file is 29MB, so I'd need to split the archive into 10 pieces, and attach it to ten posts.

I want to make darn sure that I'm following the forum rules, so I hate to bother you again, HATCH, but it is OK if I make ten consecutive posts, each one containing a piece of the archive?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Thanks!

We don't know why they were taken down, just that they were taken down.

Well I agree with ya on that.. but @ammomike83 hasn't been seen on here since MARCH 2019 so it's pretty obvious he cares very little about his creation. What we can do is look at the obvious facts. It was taken down (by thingiverse or ammomike) and MBF has made it impossible to buy parts from their store that fit the kit. Coincidence... I think not. MBF may even be monitoring this thread. It's probably the the longest and most complete of any I've found about the DIY bullet feeder.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66126BCE-A5FE-4092-9379-28CBBCDF25EE.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	253199
    Well I agree with ya on that.. but @ammomike83 hasn't been seen on here since MARCH 2019 so it's pretty obvious he cares very little about his creation. What we can do is look at the obvious facts. It was taken down (by thingiverse or ammomike) and MBF has made it impossible to buy parts from their store that fit the kit. Coincidence... I think not. MBF may even be monitoring this thread. It's probably the the longest and most complete of any I've found about the DIY bullet feeder.
    Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realize it.

Edited due to the information received from AmmoMike83 in the above post.
    Last edited by Phlier; 12-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I guess ammomike settled that part of the mystery.

@Phlier I think you should just keep going behind the scenes like you have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoMike83 View Post

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. It just boggles the mind that they can claim intellectual property on a design that is so widely used by so many companies that sell collators. Guess they're paying royalties to DA?

I haven't bought a DA bullet feeder because IMO, they are severely over priced. Given their recent action(s), I guess I'll add another reason. I don't mind a company making a fair profit, but their prices are just an outright rip off, IMO at least.
    Well I guess ammomike settled that part of the mystery.

@Phlier I think you should just keep going behind the scenes like you have been doing.
    Yeah, it's just a bit of a hassle to keep having to respond to PM's from guys wanting the files. :/

And HATCH, I obviously won't be posting the files now.
    Last edited by Phlier; 12-17-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoMike83 View Post

Hey Mike, I don't know how much you can share, or if you even want to be bothered, but...

Just wondering what part of the project they are claiming is covered by intellectual property rights? Do they own a patent on part/all of the design?

No worries if you can't respond, but I'm sure there are quite a few of us that are more than a little bit curious.

Page 37 of 358 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast