Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I'm assuming the clutch is printed with PLA. And the bolts are tightened just so, so the thing turns the plate normally but allowed to slip when there is a bind. So then it continues turning, during the bind, at the friction-held joint.

So, since we know that PLA melts with heat applied as happens under friction, how long will this last before a new plate and clutch have to be printed........or what's to keep the molten joint from fusing as does every layer as we print with PLA? So am I over thinking this?
    You are definitely over thinking this. You would have to be running your motor at top speed and leave it there for 5 minutes to generate any type of heat. Print one out and give it a try. This design will last you as long anything else does on this collator. The most you might have to ever do is tighten the screws a little more after a few hundred jams if you let it turn and turn. Trust me on this one.

And this from a guy who despises "supports" Must be worth it. Supports only to bed, right? I'm going to miss my tall handles and double hexes.....

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    And this from a guy who despises "supports" Must be worth it. Supports only to bed, right? I'm going to miss my tall handles and double hexes.....
    You know I do! haha
    In this case it is worth the sacrifice I think. And the generator is still there, so anyone can create whatever they want. But I believe this is the way to go moving forward.

Who wants to be the test pilot for my latest Long Rifle Bullet plate? I am trying to solve an issue where one bullet will get caught point down next to another that is point up. I believe putting the new slot where it is will allow them to fall out as they reach the top of the collator. I have not printed or tested it yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifleplate.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	276513

I also changed the ramp geometry slightly to assist in flipping the really short bullets, like lablover .45 160's. I have not attempted anything with his .32's yet.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Who wants to be the test pilot for my latest Long Rifle Bullet plate? I am trying to solve an issue where one bullet will get caught point down next to another that is point up. I believe putting the new slot where it is will allow them to fall out as they reach the top of the collator. I have not printed or tested it yet.

Name:	rifleplate.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	276513
    I'm definitely down to try that. I use this plate more than anything since I do a lot of blkout. Also gives me a reason to try out the new slip clutch setup.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnpb View Post
    I'm definitely down to try that. I use this plate more than anything since I do a lot of blkout. Also gives me a reason to try out the new slip clutch setup.
    Sweet! Have you had any issues with the particular problem I described? Usually the short sweeper will clear them but not always.

I just posted it. This one is a perfect example of why I created the hole cover so print that as well.

Boolit Buddy
    I am currently in the middle of printing another base... 2 days 5 hours.....

After watching how this has been printing the walls The infill portion of the walls is taking all the time...... I started messing with varying levels of walls and infill..... I think I got it down to 1 day 7 hours... and it will be stronger... But only having one printer, I want to do a clutch plate next.

Basically What I did was Print(Slice) the Bottom at 2 Walls, 18% infill Gyroid
    Which will look like this, Which I think will be plenty strong

Name:	bottom.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	276516
    Then When It started Rising up the walls, I changed to 3 walls, 10% infill Gyroid, Which looks like this (It's almost solid now, and WAY faster than 2 walls 30%)

Name:	walls.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	276517

Name:	walls2.JPG 
Views:	227 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	276518
    Last edited by Anuccite; 01-31-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Infill printing in walls
    Here is a close up

Name:	20210131_100434.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	276519

I will keep an eye out for them. These are .45's as well? I wonder how much different they are from lablovers.
    I’m curious as well. That lube groove will cause issues in the feeder die. Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I’m curious as well. That lube groove will cause issues in the feeder die. Sometimes.
    You print any slip clutch collators yet my friend?

Boolit Man
    Sweet! Have you had any issues with the particular problem I described? Usually the short sweeper will clear them but not always.

I just posted it. This one is a perfect example of why I created the hole cover so print that as well.
    I haven't had that issue. I didn't use the plate as generated though. What bullet did that happen with?

I haven't had that issue. I didn't use the plate as generated though. What bullet did that happen with?
    300BO Lee TL309-230-5R. When you say you didn't use it as generated what do you mean? And what bullet are you using it for?

Just for the record, I would really love to see more videos, good or bad. So post some damn video! I want to see this thing in action.

Boolit Man
    300BO Lee TL309-230-5R. When you say you didn't use it as generated what do you mean? And what bullet are you using it for?
    Generated to tighten the shaft parameters. I don't think I changed anything else.
    I use NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 and 311-247 FN. I actually have a bit of Lee TL309-230-5R still I can test with them as well. I just don't load them too much these days. I also tried nosler 125gr BTs

Generated to tighten the shaft parameters. I don't think I changed anything else.
    I use NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 and 311-247 FN. I actually have a bit of Lee TL309-230-5R still I can test with them as well. I just don't load them too much these days. I also tried nosler 125gr BTs
    Hex shaft or pin?

I am going to post up a couple new versions of that plate. I will let you decide which you like better and let me know. I don't see how they can have any adverse affect from the original but who knows?

Just for the record I have tweaked a ton of parts today, but have not incremented the version. I will do that once o416 finishes the updated manual and parts generator. No pressure 0416.

Boolit Man
    Hex shaft or pin?

I am going to post up a couple new versions of that plate. I will let you decide which you like better and let me know. I don't see how they can have any adverse affect from the original but who knows?
    both are pin. printing the slip parts now and should I wait on the plate or the one that's up there now worth starting a print with?

both are pin. printing the slip parts now and should I wait on the plate or the one that's up there now worth starting a print with?
    I did just make another minor tweak but I feel like the one up there is solid.

The new pin slip clutch is 8.5mm dia shaft. The old ones were 10mm which was too much slop.

Heck with it. I am going to throw one on the printer myself. I need to take stock in a filament company.

Page 185 of 361 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195235285 ... LastLast