WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 22 of 360 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

I thought That Mark’s spring housing would do the trick but it didn’t, then I even made a smaller one but bullets dropped out of the housing base down, were still getting flipped before getting to the spring. Only thing it could be is the larger area in the housing itself. So I went back to the short one I modified so the spring housing reduced that diameter and that worked. I did have these short bullets get sideways in the plate and jam against the side, so I taped a plastic “shim” between the housing walls and the plate, to take up the room.

Went through a 1000 of the little ******** after that without issue. Only 9000 more of them and I’ll go back to bullets that are not as problematic.

https://ibb.co/eWiyQS
    https://ibb.co/nNA1en
    https://ibb.co/kpYbC7
    Last edited by jmorris; 03-31-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Guys, you are all amazing. Ammomike, 6bg6ga, Hatch, and many others... I've followed Jmorris (like a freaking mechanically inclined, stalking reloader, lol) on several forums for years...but y'all have motivated me to step WAY out of my comfort zone of drill presses, lathes, and welding.

Just ordered the Anet 3d Printer, several spools of PLA, extra extruders, auto level sensors, and a few more doodads for it.

I have 2 Dillon 1050s, a 650 and a 550 (and too many other single stage presses to count)... but only 1 Mr. Bulletfeeder. I'm SUPER excited to start this journey...and potentially, eventually, be able to make my own verson.

It is WAY fun RMANTOO! I haven't started on the collator, but it WAS my final impetus to buy a machine. BTW, get a cheap pane of glass the size of your bed and a can of the hair spray. A few spritz and I can run my bed at 30 degrees and have it stick so hard I have to almost beat parts off.

Hello
    I'm stubborn in a slightly wider design of this great project.
    I'm playing with the Ideamaker program to redemension is fun
    the only bad thing is that values that are not interesting are altered.
    The holes of the plate and all the others are enlarged.
    I thought maybe the whole thing could be made bigger, I think that
    It's much better than making the wall taller. It's just an idea.
    I hope I have not bothered your author with this message.
    How can I upload the files here?
    regards

Moderator Emeritus

When working in CAD type programs you can usually select just the one thing to change, like select just the outside diameter circle and not the entire part... if that makes any sense... I often have a hard time translating what I can do on a PC into verbal instructions!

Boolit Master
    I know what you mean, you can spend 20 minutes explaining something that takes seconds to do in person

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by J. DIEGO View Post
    Hello
    I'm stubborn in a slightly wider design of this great project.
    I'm playing with the Ideamaker program to redemension is fun
    the only bad thing is that values that are not interesting are altered.
    The holes of the plate and all the others are enlarged.
    I thought maybe the whole thing could be made bigger, I think that
    It's much better than making the wall taller. It's just an idea.
    I hope I have not bothered your author with this message.
    How can I upload the files here?
    regards
    openBulletFeeder - complete and fully customizable Bullet feeder by AmmoMike83 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.

It's designed in openSCAD. I can change base width and wall height dynamically with one click.
    Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoMike83 View Post
    openBulletFeeder - complete and fully customizable Bullet feeder by AmmoMike83 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.

It's designed in openSCAD. I can change base width and wall height dynamically with one click.
    I have no doubt that you can change those parameters in a few seconds
    What I pretend is that it is bigger base and I do not say that it is not perfect
    just like this one, only that I would like it to be bigger in my view.
    I do not `pretend to bother you Mike with my ideas, they're just personal!
    regards
    Diego

I know what you mean, you can spend 20 minutes explaining something that takes seconds to do in person
    Agree, a photo is worth 1000 words a video around 10,000.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by J. DIEGO View Post
    I have no doubt that you can change those parameters in a few seconds
    What I pretend is that it is bigger base and I do not say that it is not perfect
    just like this one, only that I would like it to be bigger in my view.
    I do not `pretend to bother you Mike with my ideas, they're just personal!
    regards
    Diego
    Send me an PM with motor type, base width, wall height, and email address.

Many thanks Mike Pm for you

Boolit Mold
    This thread sent me over the edge and I bought a printer and some of the upgrade stuff from the other thread. I cant wait to get the ball rolling and join yall on the shenanigans.

ADMIN

what printer did you buy?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    what printer did you buy?
    I went with a Anet A8 type unit. Figured its cheap enough to get my feet wet and see if its really something I want to mess around with long term.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by shibbykins View Post
    This thread sent me over the edge and I bought a printer and some of the upgrade stuff from the other thread. I cant wait to get the ball rolling and join yall on the shenanigans.
    Great idea!! welcome to the DIY world!

Boolit Mold
    Hi, I would like to warm thanks especially AmmoMike83 for the great project and the invaluable support and all of you for the kindly helpfulness.

Might be interesting to share what kind of DC motors we're using and what dies?

RM: XL650
    DC: MBF
    DIES: Bronze Homebuilt (not by me)

Thanks
    Alessandro

I used this one.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-motor

It is dimensionally the same as the Dayton 2L007 and the other 2L00x series motors, just about half price and already pinned on the shaft.

Depends on what main body you print though, he has created several for different motors.

Boolit Buddy
    RM: Hornady LNL AP
    DC: MBF (ET-ZGMP38)
    DIES: RCBS

New bases and spring housings online.

Have fun, guys!

Boolit Bub
    Hello Gents ...

First off - Thanks - many of them - to AmmoMike for graciously uploading all this work to thingi !!! And to all those gents here doing their utmost to help out everyone. Im new here - but been around. Running a Zaribo modded Prusa i3 Mk3 style 3D printer with a Duet Wifi controller. Just learning Fusion360. Have a Dillon 650 - sporadically loading for a couple of years [ .223 / 5.56 / .45ACP / .300BLK ] Got the load because the clownshow that is CA and ammo is at times - dire.

Scrolled thru and read almost 100% of these 22+ pages of posts. Still didnt find it. Is there some form of a build guide to advise how to best combine all the different .stl options for the motors etc ? Id like to run a Nema17 stepper and control it with a PWM knob or similar.

Been reading thru all the printing suggestions and 80% infil ? For real ? Strength mainly comes from Perimeter walls and top and bottom layers - and a wise choice of infill % ... above 35% infill on the flat caliber base plates, Im not sure youre getting any needed added strength. Run a little warmer nozzle temps increase the overlap % a tad and increase your perimeters and top and bottom layers in your slicer. Im not sure about the print accuracy of the Anet 8 - but a well calibrated machine should print anything in this large pool of possible stl's with fine accuracy at .20 and .25 layer height. AND cut down on print times dramatically.

If youre not getting decent accuracy out of .25 or .20 layer heights for these parts - Id suggest perhaps spending some time with some in depth extruder calibration - and some tests to make sure your motors and controllers are stepping properly. My $.02 [ USD ] fwiw.

If anyone can help a brother out on the correlation of all this maze of updated stls and which motor options and then assembly - Id be greatful. I would gladly trade some printer help / expertise - and or print you some parts if youre in a bind or just need some print capacity.

P.S. - who knows the best matching filament colors / brands to the Dillon Blue? I picked up some Hatchbox Blue PLA nd it prints rather dreamy - i love it - but the color is OFF from the Dillon Blue.

P.S.S. - Who is this Tony I read about and Id like to apparently avoid his input on making these feeders and his printing recommendations

Boolit Buddy

Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by InfringedNSocal View Post
    Hello Gents ...

First off - Thanks - many of them - to AmmoMike for graciously uploading all this work to thingi !!! And to all those gents here doing their utmost to help out everyone. Im new here - but been around. Running a Zaribo modded Prusa i3 Mk3 style 3D printer with a Duet Wifi controller. Just learning Fusion360. Have a Dillon 650 - sporadically loading for a couple of years [ .223 / 5.56 / .45ACP / .300BLK ] Got the load because the clownshow that is CA and ammo is at times - dire.

Scrolled thru and read almost 100% of these 22+ pages of posts. Still didnt find it. Is there some form of a build guide to advise how to best combine all the different .stl options for the motors etc ? Id like to run a Nema17 stepper and control it with a PWM knob or similar.

Been reading thru all the printing suggestions and 80% infil ? For real ? Strength mainly comes from Perimeter walls and top and bottom layers - and a wise choice of infill % ... above 35% infill on the flat caliber base plates, Im not sure youre getting any needed added strength. Run a little warmer nozzle temps increase the overlap % a tad and increase your perimeters and top and bottom layers in your slicer. Im not sure about the print accuracy of the Anet 8 - but a well calibrated machine should print anything in this large pool of possible stl's with fine accuracy at .20 and .25 layer height. AND cut down on print times dramatically.

If youre not getting decent accuracy out of .25 or .20 layer heights for these parts - Id suggest perhaps spending some time with some in depth extruder calibration - and some tests to make sure your motors and controllers are stepping properly. My $.02 [ USD ] fwiw.

If anyone can help a brother out on the correlation of all this maze of updated stls and which motor options and then assembly - Id be greatful. I would gladly trade some printer help / expertise - and or print you some parts if youre in a bind or just need some print capacity.

P.S. - who knows the best matching filament colors / brands to the Dillon Blue? I picked up some Hatchbox Blue PLA nd it prints rather dreamy - i love it - but the color is OFF from the Dillon Blue.

P.S.S. - Who is this Tony I read about and Id like to apparently avoid his input on making these feeders and his printing recommendations
    The higher infill is for cutting threads and for reason that all holes have to be redrilled. Could be difficult on lower infills, but you are right concerning stability.

WHO is tony???
    Last edited by AmmoMike83; 04-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Page 22 of 360 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast