MidSouth Shooters SupplyStainLess Steel MediaInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Graf & SonsTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionADvertise here

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 3800 USD (63%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post
    It was a long journey but I finally finished my collator. I wanted a nose down only feeder for my Star sizer... it works flawlessly!

I ended up designing and printing my own transport pieces, but other than that itís 100% AmmoMikeís design. Thanks for all the help!

Attachment 220108

Brilliant work sir ... jsut noticed in your vids and comments - going back thru - that you crafted your own drop tube mount - this part :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-25_1656.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	222702

Could you please expand upon what you made there - you mention it has threads? Would you be willing to share .stl or dimension or direction on some of hte design goals - why u made it vs whats currently in the Open project file options ? Im looking for a method to quick change a tube mount for rifle and pistol calibers ... for loading - nose up vs. sizing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by InfringedNSocal View Post
    Brilliant work sir ... jsut noticed in your vids and comments - going back thru - that you crafted your own drop tube mount - this part :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-06-25_1656.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	222702

Could you please expand upon what you made there - you mention it has threads? Would you be willing to share .stl or dimension or direction on some of hte design goals - why u made it vs whats currently in the Open project file options ? Im looking for a method to quick change a tube mount for rifle and pistol calibers ... for loading - nose up vs. sizing.
    Basically when it came time for the transport pieces I couldnít figure out what all the different STL files were so I just designed my own. (Note that Iíve used CAD for decades)

I bought an Extension Spring for the MBR. This came with not only the spring but also a coupler for joining to another spring. What your seeing there is a 3d printed piece that the coupler simply slides into. It fits tightly but is also secured by a 6mm set screw (5.2mm hole tapped at 6mm).

In this case I used OpenSCAD to design these parts. Itís very simple software if you know basic programming (and a bit of math). Iíd be glad to share the OpenSCAD files but realize I only spent a few hours on my coding to whip out these parts. Again in my situation it was just faster for me to design from scratch rather than trying to analyze a bunch of STL files.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post
    Basically when it came time for the transport pieces I couldn’t figure out what all the different STL files were so I just designed my own. (Note that I’ve used CAD for decades)

I bought an Extension Spring for the MBR. This came with not only the spring but also a coupler for joining to another spring. What your seeing there is a 3d printed piece that the coupler simply slides into. It fits tightly but is also secured by a 6mm set screw (5.2mm hole tapped at 6mm).

In this case I used OpenSCAD to design these parts. It’s very simple software if you know basic programming (and a bit of math). I’d be glad to share the OpenSCAD files but realize I only spent a few hours on my coding to whip out these parts. Again in my situation it was just faster for me to design from scratch rather than trying to analyze a bunch of STL files.
    Totally get it - I too was unsure of what and how to use all the files - hence why Im trying to create a spreadsheet that mates all the different printed parts together - see my prior post ... and a separate sheet that has all the printed parts printer settings etc. Example; Buy MR BF motor - use this base .stl ... Buy Amazon LED light sensor / switch endstop - Use this .stl file for this caliber etc.

Im not good at openSCAD by any stretch - Ive used it thrice ... but I can work my way thru Fusion360, import .step and other files and do just fine.

I liked how your part mated to both the spring - and the base and had the set screw - which is a quick "enuff" release for what Im trying to do. i have the other spring types from Home Depot for the wire bending. I had an initial goal to not have to send Mr. BF a single $$$ - but thats folly. Sure looks like your setup for larger calibers would be much easier than fussing with the current misc diameter cone parts and the "clips" from Mr. BF to hold it all together. [ To Be Fair I havent had a chance to try them - they could be the cats **** for all I know ]

If youd be willing to share your openScad files - at very least I could get an stl out and print and reverse engineer into fusion and make my own. And of course will share my stl's etc with whomever needs it . PM me when u can ..

Thank you

Boolit Bub
    Well I ready to jump on-board on this, not long ago I got a Creality CR-10s and did some things on it. I did make an AR skeletonized grip for my buddy, had to do some file work to make it fit but other than that itís real strong so weíll see how it holds up. Now told my other buddy I told him I'd print him a bullet feeder for his Star. Got CURA 3.4.1 and saw everyones settings but we have been getting bad weather here lately storms just about every day and donít need a power glitch to mess the whole thing up. Ordered the MBF motor and power supply and feeder springs and a micro switch all from Double Alpha. The cool thing is they are in PA. now only 2 hours north of me, looks like some of you had real good results from this print. Soon as the storms move out Iím ready to roll, think itís a 39 hour print on my setting. Iíll give updates when I start this but for now hereís that AR grip I did

Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132