WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 699

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

  1. #641
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    I'm printing the parts for Harri678's case collator conversion using a JYG-370 10rpm motor. I'm assembling an entire new bullet feeder for this project. Here are a few pics of the coupler I used for this project.

    The coupler I have is 6mm inside diameter on each end, 9mm outside diameter, I used a m3x25 screw for the Tee
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_211443.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	237032

    Cut the head off the screw.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_211452.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	237033

    Used some blue locktite to lock it in place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_212612.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	237034

    Use some blue locktite on the M3x2.5 set screws when attaching to the motor. I did have to drill out motor shaft hole to about 1/2" to avoid the set screws binding on the base plastic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_213547.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	237035

    I had to enlarge the hole on the plate(s) to abut 9.10mm to fit this coupler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_213629.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	237036

    This was a just a quick test of the collator for 9mm, all fed the case head down in a dozen or more tests of it.

  2. #642
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

    By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

    Thanks Mike for all your work and support on this, it's very much appreciated.

  3. #643
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisben View Post
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

    By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

    Thanks Mike for all your work and support on this, it's very much appreciated.
    I believe I am using a spring from my 3d printer bed, maybe with a coil or so cut off.

  4. #644
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisben View Post
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

    By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

    Thanks Mike for all your work and support on this, it's very much appreciated.
    I was just about to ask this same question. The spring for the stock anet a8 bed is way too stiff for this. Anyone have suggestions?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #645
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Just pulled the Trigger on an Ender 3x with Glass bed........ Can't wait to get started on my bullet feeder.... Will be using it with the Horady LnL AP . I have the hornady bullet feeder die already, hoping to make that work.

  6. #646
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14

    Making that Bullet Collator

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Just pulled the Trigger on an Ender 3x with Glass bed........ Can't wait to get started on my bullet feeder.... Will be using it with the Horady LnL AP . I have the hornady bullet feeder die already, hoping to make that work.
    Ender 3 is a solid printer, you shouldn’t have an issue. I’m also using a LnL AP, though I started with the hornady die, I switch to the mr bullet feeder after it broke. The hornady die relies on compression to hold the bullets from dropping, which after some use broke on me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #647
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMSL View Post
    Ender 3 is a solid printer, you shouldn’t have an issue. I’m also using a LnL AP, though I started with the hornady die, I switch to the mr bullet feeder after it broke. The hornady die relies on compression to hold the bullets from dropping, which after some use broke on me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, I have some issues with it and coated bullets.... so this may be the time to switch over

  8. #648
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Yea, I have some issues with it and coated bullets.... so this may be the time to switch over
    I had the same issue. I was using acme bullets, and the hornady die doesn’t like them. May be the coating or slight irregularities. None the less the mrbulletfeeder die has zero issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #649
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5
    What size screws do i need to source?

    I think I found among the thread I need M5-.8 x25 MM for the MBF Motor.....

    Any idea on what other size hardware i need to source?

    found this on amazon.... Are these too small for the project?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H4N4KV2XYG8CPK

  10. #650
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisben View Post
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

    By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

    Thanks Mike for all your work and support on this, it's very much appreciated.
    I have the same question, there is not a single comment on thingiverse or anywhere that indicates the type of spring to use for the flipper. No one can reference a Hillman group spring?

    Thanks

  11. #651
    I'm A Honcho!


    Lakehouse2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Freeland, Michigan
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
    I have the same question, there is not a single comment on thingiverse or anywhere that indicates the type of spring to use for the flipper. No one can reference a Hillman group spring?

    Thanks
    I just used a spring out of a pen, nothing special... lol

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  12. #652
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    I just used a spring out of a pen, nothing special... lol

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thanks

  13. #653
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,803
    Does someone have a collator plate design for 22 caliber rifle? Drop tube? Assorted parts? Also 30 caliber rifle?


    I still have my collator sitting in the box unused and untested. I would be interested in purchasing some parts. PM if interested.

  14. #654
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    I made a thing, if people are looking for an alternative electrical box for the OpenBulletFeeder. This is a more mobile design.https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3520214

  15. #655
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Does someone have a collator plate design for 22 caliber rifle? Drop tube? Assorted parts? Also 30 caliber rifle?


    I still have my collator sitting in the box unused and untested. I would be interested in purchasing some parts. PM if interested.
    everything you need can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2504314

  16. #656
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMSL View Post
    everything you need can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2504314
    I'm interested in someone selling me the parts. I don't own a printer yet so files are worthless to me.

  17. #657
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    12
    The 6.5 Creedmoor Drop Tube Big Switch Small Spring has the wrong ID, I fixed the drop tube.

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3522571

  18. #658
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3
    I am just now getting around to finishing my bullet feeder. I have a question. Since the micro switch that is listed on the parts page is no longer being made. What is everyone using now? It's the last stage of my build.

  19. #659
    Double alpha (Mr. Bulletfeeder) will sell you one. I got all the electronics from them and they didn't bat an eye. Multiple times in fact.
    Last edited by AR-Bossman; 03-29-2019 at 07:46 PM.

  20. #660
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
    I am just now getting around to finishing my bullet feeder. I have a question. Since the micro switch that is listed on the parts page is no longer being made. What is everyone using now? It's the last stage of my build.
    I went with the mr bullet feeder switch. Although I'm thinking about modifying the drop tube for it, as it sits somewhat low, not allowing that many bullets to load into the tube.

    Others in this chat swear by the light sensor version.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check