Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersGraf & SonsRotoMetals2

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    I'm printing the parts for Harri678's case collator conversion using a JYG-370 10rpm motor. I'm assembling an entire new bullet feeder for this project. Here are a few pics of the coupler I used for this project.

The coupler I have is 6mm inside diameter on each end, 9mm outside diameter, I used a m3x25 screw for the Tee
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190227_211443.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	237032

Cut the head off the screw.

Name:	20190227_211452.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	237033

Used some blue locktite to lock it in place.

Name:	20190227_212612.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	237034

Use some blue locktite on the M3x2.5 set screws when attaching to the motor. I did have to drill out motor shaft hole to about 1/2" to avoid the set screws binding on the base plastic.

Name:	20190227_213547.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	237035

I had to enlarge the hole on the plate(s) to abut 9.10mm to fit this coupler.

Name:	20190227_213629.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	237036

This was a just a quick test of the collator for 9mm, all fed the case head down in a dozen or more tests of it.

Boolit Mold
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

Thanks Mike for all your work and support on this, it's very much appreciated.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisben View Post
    I feel like I must be missing this on the thing page, or in the 33 pages I just read.... What spring are you guys using for the flipper?
    Eyeballing it it seems to be close to a 3d printer bed spring, but the yellow die springs I have some of laying around seem too strong (they make the feeder jump a lot) even the crappy bed springs that I replaced on my ender3 are too stiff

By the way, don't print your base, and drop it on the ground on the way from the printer to the loading bench... ask me how I know? got a split housing, right at the point where the shell adheres to the bottom chunk. detatched all the way around. I melted it back on there with a hot air gun from my solder/rework station, we'll see how long it lasts, wost case I'll just print another one.

I believe I am using a spring from my 3d printer bed, maybe with a coil or so cut off.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisben View Post

I was just about to ask this same question. The spring for the stock anet a8 bed is way too stiff for this. Anyone have suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Just pulled the Trigger on an Ender 3x with Glass bed........ Can't wait to get started on my bullet feeder.... Will be using it with the Horady LnL AP . I have the hornady bullet feeder die already, hoping to make that work.

Boolit Mold

Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Just pulled the Trigger on an Ender 3x with Glass bed........ Can't wait to get started on my bullet feeder.... Will be using it with the Horady LnL AP . I have the hornady bullet feeder die already, hoping to make that work.
    Ender 3 is a solid printer, you shouldn’t have an issue. I’m also using a LnL AP, though I started with the hornady die, I switch to the mr bullet feeder after it broke. The hornady die relies on compression to hold the bullets from dropping, which after some use broke on me.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by ProMSL View Post
    Ender 3 is a solid printer, you shouldn’t have an issue. I’m also using a LnL AP, though I started with the hornady die, I switch to the mr bullet feeder after it broke. The hornady die relies on compression to hold the bullets from dropping, which after some use broke on me.

Yea, I have some issues with it and coated bullets.... so this may be the time to switch over

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Yea, I have some issues with it and coated bullets.... so this may be the time to switch over
    I had the same issue. I was using acme bullets, and the hornady die doesn’t like them. May be the coating or slight irregularities. None the less the mrbulletfeeder die has zero issues.

Boolit Mold
    What size screws do i need to source?

I think I found among the thread I need M5-.8 x25 MM for the MBF Motor.....

Any idea on what other size hardware i need to source?

found this on amazon.... Are these too small for the project?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H4N4KV2XYG8CPK

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233