Nice, and colorful too!
    Ed

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
    9mm plate done. Next up .223.

Attachment 276967
    Really like this. Sent a pm to you.

Boolit Mold
    Has anybody ever used the dillon variable speed case feed motor upgrade kit for the bullet feeder. I just so happen to have an extra laying around and would appreciate any tips.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by XGN 0SPREY View Post
    Has anybody ever used the dillon variable speed case feed motor upgrade kit for the bullet feeder. I just so happen to have an extra laying around and would appreciate any tips.
    One thing to keep in mind is the Dillon wall wart is 24V. The wiring for the photo diode and proximity versions call for 12V supply. Micro switch version, like the Dillon uses doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    i figured there would be some modifications neccesary. But I have a complete unit minus the dillon plastic case feeder bowl it just seemed like a no brainer since its already wired for a variable speed control and has a switch I could modify to control the boolit flow. I would just need to drill holes to mount the motor since non of the main bodys seem to match and then modify the shaft to reach through the collator plate. im sure theyll be a few others . just havent made it that far yet

Boolit Mold
    i figured there would be some modifications neccesary. But I have a complete unit minus the dillon plastic case feeder bowl it just seemed like a no brainer since its already wired for a variable speed control and has a switch I could modify to control the boolit flow. I would just need to drill holes to mount the motor since non of the main bodys seem to match and then modify the shaft to reach through the collator plate. im sure theyll be a few others . just havent made it that far yet
    You could print an adapter plate to go between the motor & bowl. That would exacerbate the shaft length issue tho.

Boolit Mold
    the shaft is roughly 26 mm so theres room depending on how hard it is to drill through the shaft

Boolit Mold
    the shaft is roughly 26 mm so theres room depending on how hard it is to drill through the shaft
    If you go back and look at the plans, there isn’t a need to cross drill the shaft, you can use hex couplings and the plates have a female hex that mates with the coupling.

Boolit Mold
    i think the print files i have must be old. i dont see allot of the files i see people talk about. or maybe theres a paid version im not aware of.

Boolit Master

i think the print files i have must be old. i dont see allot of the files i see people talk about. or maybe theres a paid version im not aware of.
    Hi, the link to the latest files are available for download in TylerR's signature. There is no paid version, and what you see is available to everyone. The current version is bf_1.4.2 and has the manual and all files needed for the larger version of the bullet and case collator. If you want the smaller AmmoMike83 version, you'll need to find that elsewhere.
    Ed

Boolit Master

All,
    Just so you know, TylerR has some serious things going on right now in his personal life and he may be off the net for a little while. If you are waiting on an update or possibly a revision of something, please be patient until things settle down.
    Thanks,
    Ed

Boolit Master

I'd love to build one of these but been on the road all summer and won't end till this next winter.

Boolit Mold
    ah ok. thank you kindly for getting me on the same page. i feel like i kind of have an idea of whats going on now. those hex couplers were a brilliant addition. the motor im using still isnt supported in terms of the bolt pattern. but i think i can get by simply drilling my own holes. Not sure how precise my shaft alignment will be but ill manage. Also im kind of curious if the main body for the version were discussing has different dimensions than what i already have. guess ill just print a few layers and see.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    I'd love to build one of these but been on the road all summer and won't end till this next winter.
    Hi Greg,
    Understand about being tied up and not able to get to do other things. The nice thing is once you get finished and can get started on this, all the wrinkles should have been ironed out (it's pretty close to that now.) Just keep an eye on the thread and keep downloading the latest version so you have it handy when you are ready to get started.
    Ed

Boolit Buddy
    ah ok. thank you kindly for getting me on the same page. i feel like i kind of have an idea of whats going on now. those hex couplers were a brilliant addition. the motor im using still isnt supported in terms of the bolt pattern. but i think i can get by simply drilling my own holes. Not sure how precise my shaft alignment will be but ill manage. Also im kind of curious if the main body for the version were discussing has different dimensions than what i already have. guess ill just print a few layers and see.
    The Price on this motor is very reasonable.... and works very well, even better now that the base is updated....

This uses the M634JS Base

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Mold
    [/QUOTE] The clutch pieces were modified, made taller by Tyler to account for this....[/QUOTE]

I know guys were working on a "handle/puller" for the collator plates. I was thinking last night, for the taller plates, could there just be a XTRA Tall Clutch piece that extends past the tallest plate enough to get a good grasp on. For the short case plates, seems like the clutch itself is easy to get a hold of. Just an idea I had....

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    The Price on this motor is very reasonable.... and works very well, even better now that the base is updated....

This uses the M634JS Base

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If you sign up for emails on Zoro.com, they will occasionally send out 20% off coupons & anything over $49 is free shipping. The motor linked from the instruction manual

https://www.zoro.com/dayton-dc-gearm...51/i/G6617829/

can be had for $54 with a coupon code. I can tell you that it is a well built beast of a motor, not chicom hobby grade.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by yoterunner View Post
    The clutch pieces were modified, made taller by Tyler to account for this....
    I know guys were working on a "handle/puller" for the collator plates. I was thinking last night, for the taller plates, could there just be a XTRA Tall Clutch piece that extends past the tallest plate enough to get a good grasp on. For the short case plates, seems like the clutch itself is easy to get a hold of. Just an idea I had....
    Hi,
    I'm sure you've seen GWS and TylerR reference my clutch handle. Here's what I use, which is basically a very tall top clutch plate that I cover the center with a "button."
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Clutch2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	278421 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate with clutch.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	278422 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pretty Button.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	278423

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi,
    I'm sure you've seen GWS and TylerR reference my clutch handle. Here's what I use, which is basically a very tall top clutch plate that I cover the center with a "button."
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Clutch2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	278421 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate with clutch.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	278422 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pretty Button.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	278423
    Ed, I do like that. So this is just being used for the second part along with the center clutch piece and not a separate piece. Is this in the latest contributors files yet?
    And does it just fit the 6-32 nut?

Thanks,

Jason

Page 210 of 360 FirstFirst ... 110160200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220260310 ... LastLast