Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: S&W Model 69 and Pachmayr grips

Boolit Master

S&W Model 69 and Pachmayr grips

I ordered the Pachmayr Presentation grade for a L frame. The grips came but when I took the grips off the pistol I found it had a round butt. I looked at several sites and cannot find any Presentation grade grips for a 69.
    I am going to try the factory grips but they seem a bit small.
    Suggestions?
    Ledmelter
    MI

Boolit Buddy

I like the Hogue rubber grips w/o the finger grips. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	748B80FB-1DA6-48F4-B08C-6CFF6903E45F.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	213768

Boolit Bub
    I have the s&w 500 X frame grips on mine. They tame the recoil and give a little larger grip.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Jim View Post
    I have the s&w 500 X frame grips on mine. They tame the recoil and give a little larger grip.
    Does Hogue sell the x frame grips outright, or do we still have to go thru S&W?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    "The grips came but when I took the grips off the pistol I found it had a round butt."

Now you have learned a valuable lesson. Know what you need before you order or buy.
    I have found the factory grips on the 4.2 inch M69 gun is very nice. I even ordered a set to put on my 2.75 inch M69.
    Take the gun out and shoot it to see if you need to start fiddling around with other grips.

Boolit Grand Master
    My 69 wears a set of the Pachmayr Compacs and they make heavy loads more endurable.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I can’t help with the Pach’s. However, properly fitted grips made my M69 a lot more fun to shoot. Herrett Jordan Troopers really made this gun my favorite woods revolver. My two N Frames also wear the same grips. All of my other J/K/L Frame sweat Tyler T and Magna combos. Hope you find something that works. Enjoy that M69
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C289F351-7F8E-4FCE-9FF3-AE6DB95CA164.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    "The grips came but when I took the grips off the pistol I found it had a round butt."

Now you have learned a valuable lesson. Know what you need before you order or buy.
    I have found the factory grips on the 4.2 inch M69 gun is very nice. I even ordered a set to put on my 2.75 inch M69.
    Take the gun out and shoot it to see if you need to start fiddling around with other grips.
    44mag#1-- What grips came with your 2.75" mdl 69?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    44mag#1-- What grips came with your 2.75" mdl 69?
    Round butt.

I have a set of Pachmayr Presentations on my 4" model 69. Square butt grips will fit a round butt gun, but not the other way around (obviously.)

Generous Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by three50seven View Post
    I have a set of Pachmayr Presentations on my 4" model 69. Square butt grips will fit a round butt gun, but not the other way around (obviously.)
    Me too. They will work fine.

Boolit Master

After trying the factory grip on my 69 ,and my favorite Hogue rubber grips with finger groves , Pachmayer diamond pro,and a set gripper grips I had lying around, the gripper worked the best for me , I'm 1/2 tempted to try the Gripper Decelerator !

For some reason my finger bone of my middle finger gets a rap from the back of the trigger guard when shooting so I need the area behind the trigger completely filled in even with the bottom of the trigger guard !
    I have Hogue grips on all of my other S&W handguns with no problem , I even had a 3" 629 with no problems