Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 265 keith and w296

bookworm, that scope sure looks at home there, and I usually don't like the look of scopes on anything! what make/ model is it?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad you were finally able to get your revolver, I might have to follow suite within the next couple years

Boolit Grand Master
    You can use a soft lead slug to measure the throats. If the slug needs to be bigger, put it in a vice and squeeze it to a larger size.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    newton, thanks, i'll just go with .5grs to start! now, do you have the older mold that the devastator is based on or did you make a spud with a flat end?
    Made a spud. It’s not perfect just yet, wish I had a lathe, but it works well enough - I hope. I have not actually shot any yet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    bookworm, that scope sure looks at home there, and I usually don't like the look of scopes on anything! what make/ model is it?
    It's a Burris 2x20 pistol scope. Sorry, I don't know the model number. I looked on the scope, it's not printed on it. I no longer have any paperwork for it.
    I don't believe Burris makes very many different 2x20 scopes, it should be easy to find.

hey craig! nice to see a fellow okie on here! you do any hunting around here? I go up to Skiatook for hogs, they have them at Heyburn lake too, but I've only seen the tracks there. in Skiatook, I have seen quite a few. cant wait to get the new 44 sighted in and go out there! now, I forget, is Bartlesville north or south of me? thanks bookworm, I might think about getting one in the future.... either that or a red dot with a 2 moa dot, which I think is as small as they make them, any bigger and they cover up too much of the target once they get out past 50 yards or so from what I hear.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Mine likes 22.0 of H110 or 296 with the NOE Ranch Dog 265. Not the maximum charge you are looking for but no deer has stopped one yet.
    Exactly my recipe and deer pigs and even a bear have dropped DTR and it shoots little clusters in my Blackhawks and contender pistol.

The 2x20mm is the only fixed power handgun scope Burris makes - nickel and matt black.

I got the matte black on mine(as seen in avatar) and would highly recommend them over a red dot(my personal thought is they are tough and don't have any electronics on them).

Oklahoma Rebel, I got mine at Optics Planet. They sent me a coupon for $20 off a purchase of $200 or more(says its only valid for 30 days - not sure when that time period started) if you are looking to buy one sooner than later you are welcome to use the coupon. I bought my Lyman mould from them so they gave me another coupon that I used to buy my scope. $209 shipped was the total, best deal I found around.

Just thought I would throw that out there, they had both the nickel and black in stock.

wow! that's a very kind offer, but the scope will have to wait for more funds, and isn't quite to the top of my need to get list, thank you very much though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12