Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeiss counterfeit scopes

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the heads up on scopes. I have heard about the red dot copies but not the scopes. Shame there is no real recourse to keep his from spreading. I’ve been reading alot about the pocket knife copies going around. Most of the major brands like spyderco and such.
    Guess the old rule apply here, if it sounds to good to be true, then it is !!

Mike

Boolit Master
    I have learned this over the last few months as well. I am and have been scope shopping. I just ordered a bipod from fleebay and it stated Harris clone. Retractable legs by spring. Humm for 16.99 how bad can it be. It came 11 days later. Was from china. Stated it was a us seller. Legs shot out and not retracted. I told seller it was false advertising. They said oh we send you back 3 dollars. I still stated its false advertising. I have tried to leave bad feedback it will not let me due to they are a power seller. So I took their 3 dollars. Do not get me wrong bipod works well but not what I was under the impression I was getting. Now here is the kicker.

If by some chance this is not allowed on this site or bad Mods please just wipe it out I am not meaning to do anything wrong here.

This is what the email states from PP. 谢 登力 just sent you a partial refund of $3.00 USD. Then I get email from ebay saying a full refund was issued and I can not leave feedback on this item. I paid 16.99. Now for the translation of the user name. Ready! This refund will appear on your credit card statement as credit from PAYPAL *GUANGZHOUFE. If you have any questions, please contact 谢 登力.

What the heck?????

A friend of mine bought a scope from armslist private and it was to be a SWFA and ended up being some china 39 dollar or so scope that somebody had put a lot of time into marking up to look just like a SWFA. Price was to good to be true. Seller does not answer him and has shown PP he shipped the item. He is out the money. I will see if he still has a pic of it as I think he sold it on a savage 22 mag.

Thank you OP as we need to keep each other warned about these kinda scams.

Banned

Exclamation

Hey, my fake Zeiss Conquest 3-9 arrived today. I'll get some pics up later. To the really uninformed it could pass the test. To anyone who read up on Zeiss scopes, they would know. The following is wrong.

-illuminated
    -mil-dot
    -rubber washers under W&E knobs
    -50 mm objective
    -no serial #
    -AO on front

That said, it looks clear and well finished.
    Will take to range Sunday and shoot the square with a know accurate rifle.

Gonna file a complaint with PayPal on fake goods.

Boolit Master
    Good luck with ebay. I got a fake bipod and the seller only returned 3 dollars. Ebay said its a fixed amount or something. Bipod works just not what it was said to be. Tell me again why we let them import ****.......

I tell everyone I know. If you are not going to dial and a scope will hold zero with mil or moa marks then it does not need to cost much. I hope it works out for you.

Boolit Grand Master

Zeiss counterfeit scopes

My issue w/ this type of thing is squarely on China. And it's a societal thing. They don't find anything wrong w/ copying a product. A lot needs to be done to correct their blatant disregard for intellectual and property rights. The WTO has been turning a blind eye for far to long. Everyone knows that China rips off designs and sells cheap knockoffs that are poor quality. It's not like this is a secret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    My issue w/ this type of thing is squarely on China. And it's a societal thing. They don't find anything wrong w/ copying a product. A lot needs to be done to correct their blatant disregard for intellectual and property rights. The WTO has been turning a blind eye for far to long. Everyone knows that China rips off designs and sells cheap knockoffs that are poor quality. It's not like this is a secret.
    No sir it is not. A few years back I got into mutilrotor flying with video gear before it was even known about as drones. A few guys from MIT and BD where part of a chat group I was in about this stuff. Just like we are here. Well 11 of us had a plan. We built and designed a 250mm quadcopter that was very simple and could be used for racing. We wanted to put one in the back of ever other cop car for when needed. While doing the testing we released a few photos. It was around a week later I came home to messages saying go hear and check this link out. They had reversed copied it size by size based off the size of the motors in the pics. They had no problems with admitting this. It was a company called Hobby King China. They could sell the frames for 24.95 shipped from China on ebay. We could not even source parts before labor to make it that cheap. Still have the last prototype. Works great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12