Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: White Label Lubes Carnauba Blue

Boolit Bub

White Label Lubes Carnauba Blue

I just want to give 5 stars to LsStuff White Label Lube Lars45. I called to ask a few questions and Glenn's wife said that Glenn is on a hunting trip. I left my phone number and sure enough Glenn called me to answer my questions. Now that's what I call customer service and yes he's hunting. So my questions were answered and i'm going with his suggestions and giving Carnauba Blue a try. It's going to be a little while as i'm just getting started with casting boolits.

I use White Label BAC and 2500 for both rifle, 45-70, and several pistol calibers and never a problem using his lubes. He will steer you right and his lubes are so reasonable in price, I do not bother trying to make my own lube.

Boolit Grand Master
    My experience with the Blue lube has been that the stuff is great!

do any of you use the blue in magnum revolvers ( esp.44 mag)? I am using my moly lube, because I made a lot, and I don't have a lot of money, but it is leaving grey residue in the barrel, wwhich I at first thought was leading, anyways, I have only about 50 or so shots through the barrel of my new super Blackhawk bisley hunter, do you think as the barrel breaks in, this will improve? I would be inclined to think that as the barrel smooths out with use, there would be less for that grey residue to stick to? maybe I am wrong though.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use it in 44 mag and 475 Linebaugh
    good stuff
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    do any of you use the blue in magnum revolvers ( esp.44 mag)? I am using my moly lube, because I made a lot, and I don't have a lot of money, but it is leaving grey residue in the barrel, wwhich I at first thought was leading, anyways, I have only about 50 or so shots through the barrel of my new super Blackhawk bisley hunter, do you think as the barrel breaks in, this will improve? I would be inclined to think that as the barrel smooths out with use, there would be less for that grey residue to stick to? maybe I am wrong though.

Dude I changed from Rooster red zambini to LSLubes carnuba red years ago and I've never looked back. Quality people and a great product. I've even tried their liquid alox (I hate alox, way too messy) and if works great also. Their red is all I use in my big bore rifles now.

I also use it in my 44 mags and 357 just because I still have a bunch, never tried blue but if they say it will work IT WILL!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

so the carnuba red isn't too hard for revolver velocities of 1200-1300fps? I suppose it doesn't make a difference, since I do not have a lube heater, and cant afford one, I will probably go with the blue once I use up my messy moly lube ( which I have like 4lbs of)lol

I have wasted so much money trying to make my own lube i could have a life time supply of 2500+ which i have been using in every thing. When it runs out im going to try the blue. I hear its not as tacky as 2500+ and i like the color. It will also give you a better visual on how well the lubersizer is filling the lube groove. 2500 is a little translucent, it has worked for me.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

yes, it's weird, but color is important to me, it has to be red, blue, or green! I would not take a nice shiny boolit that I am proud of casting and putting an ugly brown lube on it! lol, I am going to order a pound of the blue today or tomorrow, my moly lube is just to dirty, and I have a feeling it might not be getting the best accuracy out of my revolver that I could be getting.

Banner Sponsor

yes, it's weird, but color is important to me, it has to be red, blue, or green! I would not take a nice shiny boolit that I am proud of casting and putting an ugly brown lube on it! lol, I am going to order a pound of the blue today or tomorrow, my moly lube is just to dirty, and I have a feeling it might not be getting the best accuracy out of my revolver that I could be getting.
    We can do custom colors if you want. I have Red, Blue, Green, and Orange.
    A pound is not too hard to do with 2500, it's already a light color, so it takes just a few drops to turn it into what you want.

Just ordered 10 sticks of the blue Tuesday. Cleaned out my lube sizer and can't wait to try it.
    I have around 5 to 600 to size and lube.
    Really nice and helpful people answered all my questions.
    Last edited by 03fatboy; 02-28-2018 at 04:39 PM.

LAR, IS THAT WHAT YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY 44 MAGNUM LOADS OF 21grs of 296 under a 275 gr keith, or would carn. blue be ok too?

Boolit Buddy
    I use blue in my 44 mag loads with about the same load with no issues

Banner Sponsor

LAR, IS THAT WHAT YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY 44 MAGNUM LOADS OF 21grs of 296 under a 275 gr keith, or would carn. blue be ok too?
    Either one would work very well. I have used both in everything from 38 special to 500S&W with equally good results. If you're going to be shooting at an indoor range, then maybe go with the Carnauba Blue. The 2500+ does have some Alox in it and can sometimes smoke just a little.
    I have Carnauba Blue on the shelf, and I'm running 2500+ right now, so it would not be any problem to pull off a pound and add some Green or what ever you want.

I make my own black powder lube but use his products for everything else. I am not sure what you are looking to reload for, but I have great success with Carnauba Red in just about everything bigger/faster than standard pistol loads.