Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Organizing all of this Brass!

I use peanut butter jars. They are clear and come in large and small sizes. I just put paper tag inside the jar and stick it to the side with the con-tense. Also use coffee containers of the plastic and metal type.

Boolit Master
    I do keep my empty 12 gauge plastic hulls in old 61.7 pound (5 gallon I think) sheet rock mud tubs as they are pretty heavy duty and I have about 8 of them left over from sheet rock jobs on my house and a few other jobs I did for relatives. And the 50 BMG ammo cans hold my reloads in 12 gauge and are just the right size to carry out to the trap range. From all of these recommendations I have ordered 4 more 40 mm ammo cans from Midway that I need to ride up and pick up now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    I do keep my empty 12 gauge plastic hulls in old 61.7 pound (5 gallon I think) sheet rock mud tubs as they are pretty heavy duty and I have about 8 of them left over from sheet rock jobs on my house and a few other jobs I did for relatives. And the 50 BMG ammo cans hold my reloads in 12 gauge and are just the right size to carry out to the trap range. From all of these recommendations I have ordered 4 more 40 mm ammo cans from Midway that I need to ride up and pick up now.
    5 gal pails are what I use for both empties and loaded Trap loads. I can stack full ones four high, they take up only one sq ft of floor space and that stores 2000 loads. Very efficient. 500 loaded shells will not fill a 5 pail but 500 empties will.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

For empty brass I use coffee cans, Planter's nut jars, kitty treats jars, etc. For loaded ammo, I have .50 cal and .30 cal ammo cans with tape on the outside telling the caliber. They stack really well too.

Boolit Grand Master

I keep prepped brass in whatever it fits, ie stacked 5gal buckets to peanut jars. I no longer keep much loaded ammo to make the powder and primers last.
    I no longer shoot the volume I once did and having extra thousands of loaded rounds might someday be a problem for my heirs. What I do have is in plastic boxes stored in Mil ammo cans.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Ok, I am back with my 40 MM ammo cans that just fit on my shelves. I bought 4 of them, and have one from a long time ago. I just need to do a little straightening of these new ones, but they are in pretty good shape for the $12.95 I paid for them. And now I have just discovered that those WalMart plastic peanut jars just fit in them for easy retrieval. After going through all of my loaded ammo that I did back in the last century, I am finding some of the plastic bags of ammo with commercial brass is badly corroded. Should I attempt to clean this somehow or just ditch it and start over. I found a lot of 308's this way. And what should I do with all of these old foreign made military shells that I am afraid to fire due to corrosive primers? Ditch it all? I have had it for 40 years.

Boolit Bub
    I use 30 and 50 caliber ammo cans. The size depends on the amount of each caliber. I down sized and kept only 500 rounds of each caliber. I keep all my loaded rounds in ammo cans also.

Banned
    I like eating peanuts Good for storing some brass and bullets in the loading area. The rest are in buckets for the common calibers, plastic bags in square plastic milk crates for the rest.

Boolit Buddy
    Folgers cans, pb jars, pladyic ammo cans, 3 & 1 gallon buckets are my solution currently. May continue to evolve

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    plastic coffee tubs for unloaded brass, loaded brass goes into ammo cans or reloading boxes.
    +1 unless its 44 or 357 9mm or 30-30 or 223/5.56 or 243. Then it has to go in 5gal buckets with lids.

Boolit Master

I have used most of the ideas already posted. But I realy like the plastic square kitty littre containers, more capacity than ammo cans and stackable. You can glue them together and cut hand holes in them and use them like a pigeon hole type arrangement.
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Mold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    I like eating peanuts Good for storing some brass and bullets in the loading area. The rest are in buckets for the common calibers, plastic bags in square plastic milk crates for the rest.

Mine looks similar to yours...except I put my square nut jars on their sides stacked on top of each other. I mark the lids and can just unscrew one for access without removal from the stack.

You have more space than I do...this looks nice.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Attachment 215604

Mine is more primitive, free coffee cans from work. I use a sharpie and label the contents between the handholds. If repurposed, acetone will remove the label and it gets remarked.

I even put some of my lead ingots in them although they sit on the ground. I just pick one up and take it to the melting pot.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Wow! Some really great ideas here that I have incorporated into my complete rearrangement of my reloading room. Unfortunately I gained so much room I went and purchased reloading dies for the last two calibers (32 ACP and 380) that I have never reloaded for in my collection of firearms. But I now have room for the added brass and lead projectiles when I get molds for them. Thanks everybody for your great ideas!

I store my once fired brass in ammo cans. The brass that I am currently using gets stored in coffee can above two plastic bins of corresponding bullets. Pistol bullets and brass are stored in separate coffee cans.
    Da Okie/ Now known as Vearl

Boolit Master

I've posted once in this thread but today I ran across another source of containers for brass. A friend owns a building supply company. I was there today on his back dock, talking to him about something else and noticed several square plastic buckets with substantial bales. Looking closer, they had either nail or dry wall screw labels. He said they generate several empties each month. They are smaller than the one cat litter bucket that I have but are big enough to hold about fifteen hundred .40 S&W cases(the first thing I put in them).

Admittedly, they would not be as widely available as Folgers coffee cans or some other but, for me, they are an ideal size.
    John
    W.TN

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSoprano View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oooh Duke...The bins are A+, but....when you go so far as to generate those custom labels....well, I feel that I have to 'Caution' you, I think you are 'Borderline OCD' and you can catch a lot of flack around here for attention to detail! Try to resist at least until your an ole fart like myself...then at least you have an excuse!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post

That's great Grmps...doesn't hardly get any better than that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n0k1dmY.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	216589

This is my old mentor Bob, a Kansas City boy....@ 84 he's still stuffin brass but as an organizer he missed the boat. A few years back I couldn't take it anymore so I built him some shelves and installed them. I'm trying to get all his brass out of the glass jars so I gave him all my peanut and jelly bean plastic stuff like yours. Grmps, we think a lot alike
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I use Costco pretzel jars, from at home and work, and store brass by Caliber, headstamp, and various stages of prep.
    Like LC 556 RTL (ready to load) cleaned, decapped, sized, swaged, trimmed
    Or LC 1x, just cleaned and needs prepped.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast