Titan ReloadingADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters SupplyStainLess Steel Media
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionGraf & Sons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organizing all of this Brass!

I use peanut butter jars. They are clear and come in large and small sizes. I just put paper tag inside the jar and stick it to the side with the con-tense. Also use coffee containers of the plastic and metal type.

I do keep my empty 12 gauge plastic hulls in old 61.7 pound (5 gallon I think) sheet rock mud tubs as they are pretty heavy duty and I have about 8 of them left over from sheet rock jobs on my house and a few other jobs I did for relatives. And the 50 BMG ammo cans hold my reloads in 12 gauge and are just the right size to carry out to the trap range. From all of these recommendations I have ordered 4 more 40 mm ammo cans from Midway that I need to ride up and pick up now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    I do keep my empty 12 gauge plastic hulls in old 61.7 pound (5 gallon I think) sheet rock mud tubs as they are pretty heavy duty and I have about 8 of them left over from sheet rock jobs on my house and a few other jobs I did for relatives. And the 50 BMG ammo cans hold my reloads in 12 gauge and are just the right size to carry out to the trap range. From all of these recommendations I have ordered 4 more 40 mm ammo cans from Midway that I need to ride up and pick up now.
    5 gal pails are what I use for both empties and loaded Trap loads. I can stack full ones four high, they take up only one sq ft of floor space and that stores 2000 loads. Very efficient. 500 loaded shells will not fill a 5 pail but 500 empties will.
    Don Verna

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

For empty brass I use coffee cans, Planter's nut jars, kitty treats jars, etc. For loaded ammo, I have .50 cal and .30 cal ammo cans with tape on the outside telling the caliber. They stack really well too.

Boolit Master

I keep prepped brass in whatever it fits, ie stacked 5gal buckets to peanut jars. I no longer keep much loaded ammo to make the powder and primers last.
    I no longer shoot the volume I once did and having extra thousands of loaded rounds might someday be a problem for my heirs. What I do have is in plastic boxes stored in Mil ammo cans.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Ok, I am back with my 40 MM ammo cans that just fit on my shelves. I bought 4 of them, and have one from a long time ago. I just need to do a little straightening of these new ones, but they are in pretty good shape for the $12.95 I paid for them. And now I have just discovered that those WalMart plastic peanut jars just fit in them for easy retrieval. After going through all of my loaded ammo that I did back in the last century, I am finding some of the plastic bags of ammo with commercial brass is badly corroded. Should I attempt to clean this somehow or just ditch it and start over. I found a lot of 308's this way. And what should I do with all of these old foreign made military shells that I am afraid to fire due to corrosive primers? Ditch it all? I have had it for 40 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12