Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Organizing all of this Brass!

Boolit Master

Organizing all of this Brass!

Over all of these years of collecting firearms, reloading die sets, brass and forming brass for all of these, I am looking for a system of keeping tract of all of this brass and organizing it all in some sort of containers. Right now most of it is in zip-lock plastic bags stored in plastic bins I can't pick up any more. Some is divided out into army surplus ammo cans. Anybody have a good system for 30 different brass, a lot thats been "converted" from something else?

Boolit Buddy
    50 caliber ammo can with labels or square buckets, they stack and store ALOT easier

Moderator Emeritus

I was faced with a similar dilemma. My "solution" was to purchase cardboard boxes from Amazon; I assembled boxes with some packing tape on bottom, and affixed a label of what brass size for each box's end. I already had brass in small zip lock bags with a card indicating quantity, source, times loaded, and any other pertinent data. It may sound like "overkill" but the benefits of my easily retrieving any brass I wish to use; to readily see what I do and do not have; surely makes it worth the minimal expense and effort. I will endeavor to go to shed, where they're stacked, and take a picture I'll either add to this, or PM to you, tomorrow.
    ge
    o

Boolit Master
    i went with plastic jars.

theses are boolits ....but the brass is on shelves above them in similar jars.

gotta find my camera.

Boolit Master

I ordered free flat rate boxes from the USPS
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Carlisle or Cambro lexan food storage containers.
    Nice tight fitting lids. Clear for easy ID. stackable. Square for efficient storage.

I work for a foodservice company so I pick them up now and then when I need them.
    I’m sure you can get them at your local Sysco or foodservice supplier.

Boolit Master
    I use Folgers plastic coffee containers.

Motor

Boolit Master
    .50 cal ammo cans work great. Smaller batches can be put in .30 cal cans. Stacks easily, painters tape for labels for short term, magic marker for a little more permanent.

Boolit Master

plastic coffee tubs for unloaded brass, loaded brass goes into ammo cans or reloading boxes.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

I’m cheap, I use the Christmas popcorn cans and label them with tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Plastic containers with lids and empty Captain Black pipe tobacco containers with lids. All containers have desiccants in them. The 9mm brass that came with 1000 cases is the original shipping box
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I have a shelf that holds stackable bins from the dollar store, stacked 2 high. Bin on the bottom holds cases that have not been shot in my guns and the bin on top has been. Cases i don't reload get organized in plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store and stacked in the corner of one is rifle and the other is pistol and cases in Ziplock bags that are labeled. The dollar store never seams to run out of the containers. Sometimes i wish they would make a 2 dollar store with those containers a bit more sturdy. But its cheap and easy and laid out nicely.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Keep these all good ideas coming, as I progress through all of this. I have already moved most of my cast lead projectiles to those square clear plastic peanut containers my wife buys at WalMart. And they fit on the shelves on my loading bench perfectly. Now I am moving a lot of my brass to some of them and to a bunch of 50 Caliber army surplus ammo cans I bought locally and found in my garage. But I need a bunch more. I am also looking at some of these other suggestions of the stackable plastic containers at the Dollar Store. The only potential trouble is the structural capacity of my shelves? And the floor?

Boolit Master

I use several diffferent containers. Since I have more 9mm brass than anything and likely to get more since local law enforcement has gone back to 9mm, I use both 5 gallon buckets and one gallon ice cream buckets. For everything else I use the ice cream buckets, Folger's coffee containers and USPS large flat rate boxes(recycled). I use zip lock bags for smaller quantities.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Dollar store also sells those peanut like containers. I started using those for bullets aswell and i use cigar boxes found from tobacco stores or the water front mission to store lubed bullets. I like the dollar store when it comes to piecing together an organization schemes. Cheap, easy and simple. Hell i even color code components, brass and bullets containers. That way i cant grab the wrong thing. The bullet and brass containers have colored label that matches the reloading log and primer containers. Beats searching and rummaging through things.

For large cashes of empty brass. My wife and kids make sure i have i plenty of gallon ice cream containers. Then toss in a desiccant and snap on the lid.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Sterilite 6qt containers with snap on lids

Boolit Grand Master

I use plastic coffee cans for brass and ammo cans for loaded ammo. I use a sharpie to write the info on the coffee can. I still have a few of the larger ice cream containers that dairy queens used to get but I have lost source for those. I also have a parts drawer that I use for the smaller amounts of brass that I don't load.

I store all my prepared brass in plastic bins with lids under my bench. Boolits are stored in ammo cans under the bench also. Everything is separated by calibers. Brass to be cleaned is stored in various coffee cans and plastic tubs. Everything is labeled also.

Boolit Master
    Dirty brass is in 5 gal buckets, clean brass is in 50 cal ammo cans, some rifle brass is kept in separate boxes by batch because I track loadings.

I also keep loaded ammo in 50 cal ammo cans, and small lead ingots in 30cal ammo cans.

I have a lot of ammo cans because they are durable, stackable and easily moved.

Folgers cans, both large and small depending on quantity.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast