Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

The everlasting God…neither faints nor is weary. ISAIAH 40:28
    Exhaustion means that our vital energies are completely worn out and spent. Spiritual exhaustion is never the result of sin, but of service. Whether or not you experience exhaustion will depend on where you get your supplies. Jesus said to Peter, “Feed My sheep,” but He gave him nothing with which to feed them (John 21:17). The process of being made broken bread and poured-out wine means that you have to be the nourishment for other people’s souls until they learn to feed on God. They must drain you completely— to the very last drop. But be careful to replenish your supply, or you will quickly be utterly exhausted. Until others learn to draw on the life of the Lord Jesus directly, they will have to draw on His life through you. You must literally be their source of supply, until they learn to take their nourishment from God. We owe it to God to be our best for His lambs and sheep, as well as for Him.
    Have you delivered yourself over to exhaustion because of the way you have been serving God? If so, then renew and rekindle your desires and affections. Examine your reasons for service. Is your source based on your own understanding or is it grounded on the redemption of Jesus Christ? Continually look back to the foundation of your love and affection and remember where your Source of power lies. You have no right to complain, “O Lord, I am so exhausted.” He saved and sanctified you to exhaust you. Be exhausted for God, but remember that He is your supply. “All my springs are in you” (Psalm 87:7
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

Not sure I agree with your point, and that scripture certainly does not support it. To maintain my connection with Christ and the Holy Spirit while giving to others maintains my supply even as I give. The mistake most of us make is to give of ourselves rather than to maintain our awareness of the Spirit that is maintaining us. He does not waver or pause. I do.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I agree Wayne, The only strength anyone has is solely of God by the Spirit of God.

Boolit Master
    Try exodus 17:12
    And John 4:6

If Moses and Jeuses tired as they did God's work why wouldn't we ?
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Ronnie , gives cause for thought and self-examination .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

This is not my thoughts:
    "2. God exerts upon His own elect an energizing influence or power
    The Apostle prayed to God for the Ephesian saints that the eyes of their understanding night be enlightened in order that, among other things, they might know "what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe" (Eph. 1:19) and that the might be "strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man" (3:16). It is thus that the children of God are enabled to fight the good fight of faith and battle with the adverse forces which constantly war against them. In themselves they have no strength; they are but "sheep," and sheep are one of the most defenceless animals there is; but the promise is sure - "He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might He increaseth strength" (Isa. 40:29).

It is this energising power that God exerts upon and within the righteous which enables them to serve Him acceptably. Said the prophet of old "But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8). And said our Lord to His Apostles, "Ye shall receive power,after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you (Acts 1:8), and thus it is proved, for of these same men we read subsequently, "And with great power gave the Apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all" (Acts 4:33). So it was, too, with the Apostle Paul, "and my speech and my preaching was not with enticing work of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (1 Cor. 2:4). But the scope of this power is not confined to service, for we read in 2 Peter 1:3, "According as His Divine Power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue". Hence it is that the various graces of the Christian character, "love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance," are ascribed directly to God Himself, being denominated "the fruit of the Spirit" (Gal. 5:22-23). Compare Ephesians 5:9.

This is from The Sovereignty of God by Walter Pink and it is a free (or $.99) download on your Kindle. He was a Calvinist, but a genius and multi language linguist as well as theologian. It is the second of his books I have and am currently reading this one.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Master
    Thank you

I agree; all my strength and power is from Christ on this we agree. As for being able to use up that power??? I'm not sure??? I know I've been compleatly drained after completing a calling. I have also never had somuch energy after completing other tasks

In exodus Moses didn't have the strength to keep his arms raised
    We see Jeues himself going off by himself to recharge
    On the 7 day God rested

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

You originally separated spiritual strength and physical strength. I agree that physical exhaustion is common and unavoidable. However, I have often found myself spiritually uplifted when physically exhausted. Probably the only time I have found the two inevitably together is when I am coming down with something, getting sick. That is universally exhausting.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Master
    The way I read it originally I looked at it as physical strength. After rereading it a few times I see he was talking about both.

The " for thought and meditation " is not my thoughts I mostly use Oswald Chambers

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

I've been wondering who you were using
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I was using Greg Lowry and I like him but Oswald is a bit deeper I also have used some no name writers and from time to time I have been given a message

<(*)(()><