RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One piece polymer lowers

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    If you own a .300 BO and a .223 AR, devise a means of POSITIVELY IDENTIFYING your .300 BO mags. It does really strange things to the bullet/boolit when you fire a .308 down a .224 bore. I've seen too many incidents of that to ignore the problem. Somebody gets in a hurry and grabs the wrong loaded mag. The cartridge will chamber and the bolt will lock. The rifle will fire, too! Bad news, all told.
    Absolute advice! Personally I paint & sharpie mark my .300 mags and leave my 5.56 mags as is.
    When the first .300 BO arrived at our deer camp, I showed everyone present that a .300 would indeed chamber in the 5.56. I removed the firing pin first. The OS look was on everyone's face!
    It can't be said enough.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Absolute advice! Personally I paint & sharpie mark my .300 mags and leave my 5.56 mags as is.
    When the first .300 BO arrived at our deer camp, I showed everyone present that a .300 would indeed chamber in the 5.56. I removed the firing pin first. The OS look was on everyone's face!
    It can't be said enough.
    I watched a video of the aftermath of firing a 300 blk in a 223 rifle. The bullet was still in the barrel and was swaged down into a long skinny copper spike. The upper blew apart and the bolt carrier was peeled like a banana. I’m a lefty, so I especially worry about the FA know being blown into my face. Can’t be too careful.

On topic: I built a lightweight rifle with a 16” pencil barrel on one of the GWACS lowers. It is a fantastic gun, and I am absolutely convinced it’s just as or maybe even more durable as a conventional aluminum lower. Molding the stock and receiver in one unit eliminated all the issues with using polymer.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    Since these came out I have used them to build 9mm,223,6.8mm carbines and have never had a problem with one.People have issues with them because they are not tati-cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingle View Post
    Since these came out I have used them to build 9mm,223,6.8mm carbines and have never had a problem with one.People have issues with them because they are not tati-cool looking.
    I think you nailed it although the same people probably own a Glock, M&P, XD etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Any more of these lowers available? Anyone have one they dont want? Very interested if so.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    On the mags .
    I had a 6.8 and a 556 . Getting them mixed up isn't a big deal . The 6.8 in 556 won't battery and the 556 in 6.8 just reforms the brass . So the 6.8 got ASC and AR Stoner black SS mags and the 556 got plastic ...... don't know why I can't remember the name now .

Anyway the first AR was an ATI Omni Hybred with aluminum re-enforcement from the grip screw boss to the buffer tube boss . 2000+ rounds no problems . I imagine if you used it like a club it might be a problem and would most likely break across the FCG or mag well . The AL fittings are thin and probably investment cast or stamped straps form rivited the the bosses . I don't make it a habit to beat on guns but I was not unhappy with the poly metal gun . It did what it was supposed to do when it was supposed to do it . I think the poly receivers have come a long way from the super purple monster (purple poly whatever) $19 plastic wonders of 1997 . ATI has a full day in the desert do 97 things bad to your AR including several drops from cars and an altitude drop 50 or 100 ft , I can't remember now , sand ,mud , heat etc and firing like 1000 rounds during the abuse cycles .
    Sure it's a sales pitch and there's no way short of doing it all yourself to proof it but it's there .

You know everyone thought old Bill Ruger was nuts for going to investment cast parts too .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson84 View Post
    Any more of these lowers available? Anyone have one they dont want? Very interested if so.
    PM sent.

Here's the .300 Blackout I "assembled" on the lower. I got some good deals along the way, $360 as it sits. I may put a dust cover on it but probably not. I hope it shoots as well as my other one.(or better)!

Any idea what they might charge to ship them? I wouldn't mind having one to put my lightweight upper on...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Completed with a tough old steel Weaver K4. It's still in the High 90's at dusk so I haven't felt like shooting much. I may have to do some pre dawn shooting this weekend. Wake up, neighbors!

Boolit Master

I wanted to try one (or two) of them but I couldn't find an FFL to receive them as per the stupid NY safe act it would possibly considered an "assault weapon". Dumb laws, if it has a removable mag it can't have a pistol grip.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

It's first 100 yd group tells me I need a better trigger. This one is like snapping twigs.

TbG - who's hand guard is that? I have one that mounts like that but it keeps coming off after firing a few rounds. No retainer, just the cap head screws that I really clamped down on..
    Whatever!

Popper- it's a cheapie from Primary Arms but it's true and solid as a rock so far.

Vendor Sponsor

Texas by God .. put some Blue locktite on those handguard screw threads .. They will work loose
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Thanks Smoke, I will. No more delta rings and that kind of business for me. I have been shown the way lol.

223, 300, BO 7.62X40, and 25X45 here. Label your mags if not its easy to make a mistake.

Boolit Master

I have a Cavalry Arms lower like this. Several thousand rounds and no problems. I also have a carbon fiber lower (no stock attached) by Plum Crazy with several thousand rounds through it. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Charlie View Post
    I have a Cavalry Arms lower like this. Several thousand rounds and no problems. I also have a carbon fiber lower (no stock attached) by Plum Crazy with several thousand rounds through it. No problems.
    That's good to hear. I am sold on these lowers as well. The next one will be a 6.5 Grendel for a lightweight hunting rig.

Boolit Buddy
    Since the first ones came out I have had 8 that came and went in all calibers only issue I ever had was the seem on one came apart at the rear of the stock on a 9mm. This was caused by a too light buffer and hottt loads little gorilla glue fixed issue and its still going. I have just built a 9mm on a tennesse arms polymer lower 1500 rds so far and no issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast