Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One piece polymer lowers

One piece polymer lowers

My local LGS has a box full of these for $30 each. They take special takedown pins and A2 buttplates which are not included.
    They use a carbine length buffer & the stock is the buffer tube. They are great for a lightweight AR build. PM me for contact info if interested. They are Sabre Defence brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

polymer/plastic lowers have a very bad reputation for breaking off between the grip and the buffer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    polymer/plastic lowers have a very bad reputation for breaking off between the grip and the buffer tube.
    That's why these are of one piece construction. They don't break. Google Cav15 and watch the torture tests. I would not use the conventional type you are talking about. GWACS in Oklahoma is the maker. I'm very impressed by mine and a cool benefit is the snug fit to the upper. None of that play that you have to fix.
    Do yourself a favor and try one; it's the same as a polymer frame handgun. I have other ARs but I hunt with the Light one!

Got rid of my A2 stocks, eliminated more weight. Filled poly is very strong, but I'd like to see metal reinforced to prevent warping. Also forces a rifle config.
    Whatever!

I like the trunk for storage and no rattle like a telescoping stock has. To each his own.

My .300 Blackout here has a 4x Nikon, sling, and 30 rounds of 110gr reloads aboard.

I like that!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Looks like a nice idea for those of us that like the A2 stock .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

A good deal! I looked around and found the manufacture and there price was 129 or 80 for a blemished one and then add shipping and FFL transfer. At $30 ea plus say $20 ship and $20 FFL fee that's not bad, I believe my local GS will transfer up 3 guns on one fee as long as it's from the same place and all done at the same time.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

They had about 12 left last Friday. Now's your shot.

A 5.56 in black. These are very handy carbines. A great base for a PC carbine as well.

Boolit Master
    Those look like the old Cavalry Arms lowers. They had a good rep back in the day, before the BATF shut them down. Seems like they cast the two halves of the lower in-house, then sent them out to have the halves welded together. BATF found out, and made them stop production. They said that Cav Arms was not 'manufacturing' the lower, and that whoever did the welding was. The welder was not appropriately licensed and had no interest in becoming so. Cav Arms continued making AR furniture for a while, and may even still be in business, for all I know.

ETA: Yup, they are. http://www.cavmfg.com/Firearms-Acces...onents_c11.htm
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

GWACS is the current manufacturer as far as I know. I got the takedown pins from them. These are marked Sabre Defense and came from a police auction I'm told. My .300 is assembled on one marked CalvaryArms. My experience with it made me get these when I stumbled over them.

Banned

One thing negative about those one piece stock Thomas is you can't put a bump stock on them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    One thing negative about those one piece stock Thomas is you can't put a bump stock on them!!!!
    I know, Vince. It keeps me up at night. Oh wait, no it doesn't! This summer I hope to put a 6.5 Grendel upper on one of these for a lightweight deer/hog getter.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I know, Vince. It keeps me up at night. Oh wait, no it doesn't! This summer I hope to put a 6.5 Grendel upper on one of these for a lightweight deer/hog getter.

and why do you want to shoot lightweight deer/hogs..
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    and why do you want to shoot lightweight deer/hogs..
    They are MUCH easier to pick up, silly.

Put a LPK in one on the tailgate today. I did use a few more tools than shown.

To continue this- I've decided on another .300 Blkout because I got a great deal on a barrel. Coming soon to these pages.

Boolit Master
    If you own a .300 BO and a .223 AR, devise a means of POSITIVELY IDENTIFYING your .300 BO mags. It does really strange things to the bullet/boolit when you fire a .308 down a .224 bore. I've seen too many incidents of that to ignore the problem. Somebody gets in a hurry and grabs the wrong loaded mag. The cartridge will chamber and the bolt will lock. The rifle will fire, too! Bad news, all told.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast