RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New for 2018: Auto Breech Lock PRO

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    There's as good a reason as any to prime off the press.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    defeats the purpose of progressive.........to me.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    defeats the purpose of progressive.........to me.
    I tend to agree. Just trying to play both sides of this is all.

Boolit Man
    Correction of what I mentioned of the mounting base being aluminum,it is steel.I just finished loading 50 rounds of 38 spl. It did seem to fill a 50 round tray slightly faster than using the Lee turret.This included taking my time,trying to manage the flow of components with the speed of everything moving faster.Adding a case feeder will help.This thing does operate as smooth as frog snot ,no binding,sticking or mis-aligning.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by stinjie View Post
    It did seem to fill a 50 round tray slightly faster than using the Lee turret.
    I am contemplating this press I currently have the LCT with Inline Fabrication case ejector. I think this press can be 4x faster than a LCT just because it uses a shell plate that works (4) cases with each pull. I am on the fence about this press. The simplicity of use seems an advantage over the Pro1000 or LM.

Quote Originally Posted by stinjie View Post
    Correction of what I mentioned of the mounting base being aluminum,it is steel.I just finished loading 50 rounds of 38 spl. It did seem to fill a 50 round tray slightly faster than using the Lee turret.This included taking my time,trying to manage the flow of components with the speed of everything moving faster.Adding a case feeder will help.This thing does operate as smooth as frog snot ,no binding,sticking or mis-aligning.
    How aggressively does the shell plate index? If the case is fairly full of powder will it shake powder out when it advances to the next station?

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    I am contemplating this press I currently have the LCT with Inline Fabrication case ejector. I think this press can be 4x faster than a LCT just because it uses a shell plate that works (4) cases with each pull. I am on the fence about this press. The simplicity of use seems an advantage over the Pro1000 or LM.
    The Pro 1000 is pretty darned simple.

The Pro 1000 is very simple.

From some pictures I'd seen posted tonight they had it set up with the powder measure set up in the second station which from the picture looks to be right in front of the press so it should be easy enough to see the powder charge and place a bullet before rotating the shell plate. I'll have to look closer.

With the Pro1000 I have it mounted to the bench with the press rotated about 15* counterclockwise. This makes it easier to see into the case and I place the bullet from the back of the press before it rotates to the seating die.

A couple years sooner and I'd of been on this I think. I have the LCT and it teams up with my Dillon 650. It is too bad about the priming system. If this thing would have had a proper auto priming system I'd not be able to resist, I'd sell the LCT and have it.

Some things appear a little flimsy looking, the handle, and the linkage.

Boolit Man
    There's no problems with standard load 38 spl,tossing powder, but that may be something to keep an eye on for loads that are compressed .

Boolit Master
    I tend to agree. Just trying to play both sides of this is all.

From what I read about all the guys with progressive presses, it is the primer seating that is the biggest bugaboo of all.
    Gosh, even on my single stage, I can bell the mouth, drop the powder, seat the bullet, and crimp; all in what seems like the same time it takes to size & seat primers.
    If you had primed brass to start with, the rest of it is really easy on probably any maker's progressive !!! ( I am not a progressive owner, I only get to read everybody else's hicccups)

This why I am considering a Lee Loadmaster or this new press. I am sold on the Universal depriming die before cleaning the cases and then using a Ram Prime for priming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How aggressively does the shell plate index? If the case is fairly full of powder will it shake powder out when it advances to the next station?

On the 223 I’ve been doing if I move it to fast it may or may not fling a single granule but I’ve been going pretty slow and I don’t have the right die for filling so it might not all be getting to the bottom of the case before I cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/dtNQ2bkFiAc

I ordered one, I like priming with the safety prime on my turret. I like the idea of being able to see the primer on the arm to make sure it’s upright. I never had one explode on my turret in all the years I’ve reloaded. Wish it used 4 hole turrets, then I could swap back and forth.
    Bring the smoke!

Boolit Master
    Just ordered one from Titan last week, should be here on Monday. I use the classic turret for all of my reloading and the new one will be set up for basically pistol cals. I like the idea of the case feeder and have ordered that as well. I de-prime and give the brass a bath with the FART before loading and the feeder should really speed the de-priming along. I am not into progressive reloaders for speed, but for less motions for making cartridges. As has been stated, 400 pulls for 100 rounds gets old very quickly.

Will see what the brown truck drops off tomorrow.

I'll bite - What does FART stand for?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Banned

Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler
    Most excellent
    Love mine

I have been following this topic on here and a couple other forums out of curiosity. If I wasn't so heavily invested in the Pro 1000 with carriers, shell plates, turrets and 3 die pistol die sets I might consider one. While I don't believe it will be faster than the Pro1000 I do believe it will be less problematic for many because of the difference in priming systems and the added 4th die position which can be used for a FCD or a powder check.

I am also one of those that is baffled as to why Lee didn't stay with the Turret on this press and instead decided to go with the bushings. This press does appear to be very promising for the low to moderate volume loader that wants to load faster than a single stage yet doesn't load enough to warrant a full blown progressive.

So please keep the reviews coming!

So, i got mine and never having used a progressive reloader it took some getting use to. I always read the warnings about the load master and the shield you had to install so if a primer explodes... i never jumped in because of that. So, using the priming arms sermed a good idea. I can see if its upright before it goes in. So, what do i think about this press? I love it. Its actually no bad! Add a primer at the top and you can really feel it go in at the bottom of the stroke. Add a bullet after you check for powder and its not tha fastest press out there but it works for me. There is a lot of plastic, but Lee sells two kits to replace the red and black plastic parts. Its like 7 or 8 dollars for both sets. Complete rebuild for 7 bucks. Not bad. The only thing except for the ratchet part that looks to wear is the slider for the case feeder. Of course the sliders plastic so having a plastic track probably won’t wear to bad. All in all its a great little press. Maybe its the best way to get you feet wet in progressive land. I have to get casting more to feed the poor thing now. Lol
    Bring the smoke!

Boolit Master

I wonder if a guy could put a strip of the self adhesive stainless steel tape that used to be used for shoddy auto body and exhaust repair on the wear areas of the plastic. If I remember right it was only around .010 thick and stick like crazy to anything. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DV_WebLarge_P_31703.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	221641

This one is only .005 steel
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast