Inline FabricationRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaTitan Reloading
Graf & SonsLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New for 2018: Auto Breech Lock PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Most prices i see are 10-16 for a pack of 2. That's two packs per a caliber x the number of calibers you reload for + a few extra for the extra dies used and becomes not so reasonable. I would call a dollar or two a piece more reasonable.
    A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

I have my fingers crossed that LEE considered this and is ramping up production so price comes down. They have been adding it to their Presses for a while so they have to be selling more. So we could see them being sold in larger bundle packs for people to convert over.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

I have my fingers crossed that LEE considered this and is ramping up production so price comes down. They have been adding it to their Presses for a while so they have to be selling more. So we could see them being sold in larger bundle packs for people to convert over.
    ...or make a conversion top plate/press head that accepts the "old" 4 die Turret or something similar
    but the bolt circle of the dies would need to be the same.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    No, not a turret press, it's a progressive with a setup like the Hornady. Solid press head, quick change bushings for the dies. The shellplate rotates as do all progressive presses. That solid head feature is the ONE thing I really like about the Hornady over the other progressive presses on the market.
    Thanks. I guess I couldn't see much in the pic...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    SNIP...

$32 set of bushings is a little harsh
    Both Titan and Fsreloading have them for $8 something a pair...so a set of 4 bushings would be less than $20.

[QUOTE=Livin_cincy;4285378]A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

That math is wrong. I just checked three places for a 2 pack of the bushings. Midway has them on clearance right now for 6.50 and Amazon has them regular price at 10 bucks for a two pack. Probably buy them locally somewhere (Sportsmans) for about the same 10 buck price. Wonder what the shell plates are going to run.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    That math is wrong. I just checked three places for a 2 pack of the bushings. Midway has them on clearance right now for 6.50 and Amazon has them regular price at 10 bucks for a two pack. Probably buy them locally somewhere (Sportsmans) for about the same 10 buck price. Wonder what the shell plates are going to run.
    Well it looks like the bushings are falling in price !!!! They are real close to a 4 hole turret price on Midway. I wonder why Midway has them on Clearance ? I suspect they made a change for the new press.

There is a slight change to the newer 4 hole turrets. They are reverse compatible. I saw a video awhile back on them and it sorta suggested LEE had a 4 Hole turret press in the works.

Boolit Man
    Curious about priming. That's always the clincher for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RCE1 View Post
    Curious about priming. That's always the clincher for me.
    They will use the Safety Prime according to an email they sent out.
    https://leeprecision.com/safety-prim...and-large.html

Boolit Master
    I won't judge until I see a video of it in action. Right now it's still all too sketchy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12