MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: New for 2018: Auto Breech Lock PRO

I know this thread is getting a bit dated but mdr8088 got me thinking about it again.

Right now I have 2 presses I do all my pistol loading on. An old Lee Value Turret 3 hole with Auto Advance and a Lee Pro1000. They have been working very well for me and for what I'm doing using the Lee 3 die pistol dies. Until recently. A couple months ago I acquired an EAA Witness 45acp large frame, used. I had been Handloading 45acp for my wife's XD Mod2 and everything was happy. Until the Witness. I started having all sorts of feed and chambering problems with the gun and my reloads. Factory ran fine.

For a month I beat my head on the bench chasing this problem to were I finally set up the turret press and loaded single stage checking each round and to the point of seating and crimping in separate steps. That helped tremendously but not completely so I finally purchased a FCD and loaded up 25 more and then used the FCD. Magic! Everything worked as it should. Even some of the others that had been done before and then run thru the FCD.

So today I was at the bench using the turret press and the FCD set up in my very old RCBS JR3 press and I realized just how slow this whole process is compared to running it thru the Pro1000. Which brings me back to this new Lee press. A 4th station progressive type press. This may just work out for this problematic 45acp.

Boolit Master
    There hasn't been a new video on this press in weeks. One must assume that several of these presses are in the hands of buyers so I wonder why no more videos....

Banned
    I love mine. I loaded 235 rounds of 9mm after work today.

Other than two .380 cases mixed in that caused a hiccup everything went smooth.

I don't do videos. I am not a good photographer and I am not very good at expressing myself verbally. My wife says I mumble and talk very softly.

Steve in N CA

After spending the day taking apart my Lee turret with the 45acp dies in it and setting it up to first deprime and size and then prime on my Pro 1000 150 cases I then changed the turret to load with the powder measure in station 1, bullet seating in station 2 and the FCD in station 3. All I can say after this exercise is this is bogus trying to do this, this way.. It is not smooth or intuitive. So I may just have to give this press some serious consideration. Even if this is dedicated to just the 45acp..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdr8088 View Post
    ********** There is a lot of plastic, but Lee sells two kits to replace the red and black plastic parts. Its like 7 or 8 dollars for both sets. Complete rebuild for 7 bucks. Not bad. **********
    I searched for quite some time on Lee's website and could not find any reference to replacement parts for the Auto Breech Lock Pro.

Could some one please provide a link to the replacement parts?
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Master
    I suggest you look at the manual linked on the Lee press for sale page, or the manual that came with your press.
    The manual should have part numbers that you can enter into the search at the Lee site.

it's what I'd try,

Edit: here you go https://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PR1441.pdf
    Last edited by Kenstone; 06-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.

It might, comming from the classic turret press this is the first time i used a case feeder. I couldn’t tell you how fast the plastic wears sgainst the metal slide bars on the 1000 and loadmaster, so I don’t know how fast the plastic will wear. The tape might cost more than the parts. Worth a try though.
    Bring the smoke!

The replacement part list is messed up, its labled 3 cavity mold today. Didn’t think lee makes a 3 cavity mold??? Sku PR 3691 for black parts and sku PR3692 for red parts. I looked under pogressive press, breach lock, then parts. Today they’re 3 snd 2 dollars. Last time i ordered from lee everything was free for the first one, had to pay shipping. I ordered a new sizing ring for my loadall and ratchets for turret. Told her it wasn’t broke just wanted a new sizer. Turns out those loadall sizing rings don’t wear. New one was same size, would have bet a kidney it wore some...
    Bring the smoke!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910