Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New for 2018: Auto Breech Lock PRO

Stolen from Titan Reloading's Facebook page:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    You're saying the distance from the shell plate to the bottom of the die(s) is consistent across the various press platforms? Can I pop a seating die out of a Hand Press and stick it into the Auto Breech without making any adjustments?

That hasn't been the case across Lee presses so far.

I think, however, the poster was saying one could upgrade/change to this new press without buying turrets, or toolheads, or whatever.

You're saying the distance from the shell plate to the bottom of the die(s) is consistent across the various press platforms? Can I pop a seating die out of a Hand Press and stick it into the Auto Breech without making any adjustments?
    Can't speak to all instances but I know I cannot take a turret from my 3 hole value press and just drop it into my 3 hole Pro1000. Distances are not the same.

Mine ships Monday can’t wait to give it a whirl! I’ll post my stupid questions when I get it setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    For rifle I would need to necksize, deprime & prime(1), neck expand(2), powder charge(3), seat & swage the bell out (4). If this press has a trouble free priming system I would buy it. Could reserve the RC for boolit sizing then.

Oh wait a minute! This press won't do 30-30 or .308 length cases.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 04-15-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Mine ships Monday can’t wait to give it a whirl! I’ll post my stupid questions when I get it setup
    We expect lots of pictures and a good narrative.

Did you buy or have any of the optional features?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    For rifle I would need to necksize, deprime & prime(1), neck expand(2), powder charge(3), seat & swage the bell out (4). If this press has a trouble free priming system I would buy it. Could reserve the RC for boolit sizing then.

Apparently it will if you remove the index rod and turn the shell plate manually.

Ugh. Really, Lee?

Boolit Master
    Because I want to reload .308 and 30-30, the Classic Cast Turret looks the better choice. I don't crimp these loads, just remove the "bell" so i have been doing that during seating. And i want to continue using the excellent expander plugs from NOE so charging the cases would be a separate station.

You need to read the fine print Charlie.....removal of the index rod (it will then become manual indexing) you CAN load cartridges up to 308-30-06....read the piece from Titan above...

Apparently it will if you remove the index rod and turn the shell plate manually.

Ugh. Really, Lee?

Yeah, what a pain. It then becomes a manual index press like those crappy Dillon 550's and we all know how much everyone hates those....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    You need to read the fine print Charlie.....removal of the index rod (it will then become manual indexing) you CAN load cartridges up to 308-30-06....read the piece from Titan above...
    I don't see many shell plates for rifles. The .45 acp shell plate should work for 30-06 & .308 but what of the others? When somebody reports successfully loading 30-30 on it I would buy it.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 04-15-2018 at 06:35 PM.

I don't see many shell plates for rifles. The .45 acp shell plate should work for 30-06 & .308 but what of the others? When somebody reports successfully loading 30-30 on it I would buy it.
    Seems to me we'd be more excited with what should have been basically a 4 station Pro 1000 with a taller frame to allow for longer cases. Something that would allow true progressive loading of at least a 308 length cartridge.

Boolit Master
    ..Nevermind... It really doesn't matter anyway...
    Last edited by JBinMN; 04-15-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: wasted my time...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    It looks like a nifty unit. I can abide manual indexing for normal length rifle cases. So when Lee lists a 30-30 shell plate I would buy one. If I needed one tommorow I would go with Lee's CC turret although I would miss the loaded rounds dumping out automatically.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 04-15-2018 at 07:46 PM.

It looks like a nifty unit. I can abide manual indexing for normal length rifle cases. So when Lee lists a 30-30 shell plate I would buy one. If I needed one tommorow I would go with Lee's CC turret although I would miss the loaded rounds dumping out automatically.
    This should help:

https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...verse-rotation

Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    We expect lots of pictures and a good narrative.

Did you buy or have any of the optional features?
    Don’t worry there will be plenty of $&@!$$&$$*#%**#%# and a few how bout that’s.

I did purchase everything but the bullet feeder since they are all caliber specific and I plan on using it for all of my auto pistols and ARs if there was a universal one that was adjustable to the caliber I’d have done that in a heartbeat but that’s one thing I won’t get to automate for a while. I’m curious about using the safety prime I’ve always done it on my single stage by hand so if it doesn’t give me fits it’ll be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    This should help:

https://inlinefabrication.com/collec...verse-rotation

I've got an Inline Fab stand and shell ejector for my Rockchucker, great stuff!

I'm not a LEE hater by any means although my recent posts would make one believe that is the case.

I like LEE dies and use them for most pistol and almost all rifle loading. The Auto Disk works well for pistol and some certain loads in 223 and 300BLK. The Auto Drum is also pretty nifty. I use an Auto Drum on my Lock N Load and prefer it hands down over the linkage affair that Hornady uses.

I have a Turret Press and usually use it to load 38 Special, 300BLK subsonic and other stuff that I want to load for but don't want to swap over my LNL.

I still own a Pro 1000 although it doesn't get much use anymore and I have also loaded on the Load Master. I also have a Hand Press that I've had since the early 1990's that I've used extensively.

The weak link in all LEE presses, in my experience, is the priming system(s). The new Ergo Prime with the folding tray works okay but it is all plastic and I've already broken several of the shuttle inserts or whatever they are called. Yeah, LEE will send a replacement for free but it still sucks having to put things on hold while waiting for a new piece in the mail.

I appreciate that LEE is trying to make stuff that's functional, safe and economical and they usually pull it off. But I don't really see that with the new Auto Breech.

Oh, well.

https://youtu.be/ZqO1YRnkqCg

Boolit Master
    To the posters I say thanks for the good coverage on this new offering. I think that with this press there will be less knashing of teeth and cursing and kicking the dog that many users experienced with the other two Lee progressives. This one seems simpler to me. Like some, I prefer to prime off press. With this model, I could resize and decap using the auto index feature and then prime. Next running this batch through would quickly produce a lot of good ammo. Yes, I may be doing it the hard way.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast