WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New for 2018: Auto Breech Lock PRO

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Most prices i see are 10-16 for a pack of 2. That's two packs per a caliber x the number of calibers you reload for + a few extra for the extra dies used and becomes not so reasonable. I would call a dollar or two a piece more reasonable.
    A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

I have my fingers crossed that LEE considered this and is ramping up production so price comes down. They have been adding it to their Presses for a while so they have to be selling more. So we could see them being sold in larger bundle packs for people to convert over.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

I have my fingers crossed that LEE considered this and is ramping up production so price comes down. They have been adding it to their Presses for a while so they have to be selling more. So we could see them being sold in larger bundle packs for people to convert over.
    ...or make a conversion top plate/press head that accepts the "old" 4 die Turret or something similar
    but the bolt circle of the dies would need to be the same.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    No, not a turret press, it's a progressive with a setup like the Hornady. Solid press head, quick change bushings for the dies. The shellplate rotates as do all progressive presses. That solid head feature is the ONE thing I really like about the Hornady over the other progressive presses on the market.
    Thanks. I guess I couldn't see much in the pic...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    SNIP...

$32 set of bushings is a little harsh
    Both Titan and Fsreloading have them for $8 something a pair...so a set of 4 bushings would be less than $20.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

[QUOTE=Livin_cincy;4285378]A (4) Die Turret & Red LEE round storage box is 'around' the same $20 price point. The Round Die storage box is an option. Going from a $12-13 Turret to a $32 set of bushings is a little harsh.

That math is wrong. I just checked three places for a 2 pack of the bushings. Midway has them on clearance right now for 6.50 and Amazon has them regular price at 10 bucks for a two pack. Probably buy them locally somewhere (Sportsmans) for about the same 10 buck price. Wonder what the shell plates are going to run.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    That math is wrong. I just checked three places for a 2 pack of the bushings. Midway has them on clearance right now for 6.50 and Amazon has them regular price at 10 bucks for a two pack. Probably buy them locally somewhere (Sportsmans) for about the same 10 buck price. Wonder what the shell plates are going to run.
    Well it looks like the bushings are falling in price !!!! They are real close to a 4 hole turret price on Midway. I wonder why Midway has them on Clearance ? I suspect they made a change for the new press.

There is a slight change to the newer 4 hole turrets. They are reverse compatible. I saw a video awhile back on them and it sorta suggested LEE had a 4 Hole turret press in the works.

Boolit Buddy
    Curious about priming. That's always the clincher for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RCE1 View Post
    Curious about priming. That's always the clincher for me.
    They will use the Safety Prime according to an email they sent out.
    https://leeprecision.com/safety-prim...and-large.html

I won't judge until I see a video of it in action. Right now it's still all too sketchy.

new pic on the product page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90900-pressonly.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	214844

I already have plenty of breech lock bushings from using my single stage Lee C reloader press. They work. You can always leave them in the top of the die plate and screw dies in and out....

Found this with a google search looks inexpensive enough to try https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...reech-lock-pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

That is cheaper than they are listing it on Titan Reloading.

Someone on another forum asked how does it compare with the Dillon SDB after everything is bought for the Pro4000 Breech Lock. So I went to Titan Reloading website and looked it up.

Brand New Dillon SDB is $424.00

Brand new Breech Lock with:
    Press
    4 die set
    Shell plate
    Safety Prime system
    Powder measure
    And the universal shell feeder

Total $280.00

So for this price over the price of the Dillon I could add 2 more shell plates and 2 more sets of 4 die pistol and still have money left over. Or you could leave off the shell feeder which the Dillon doesn't have and almost add one more shell plate and set of dies.

Banned

Not getting rid of my 550s, yet
    But I will get this unit and use it with my other Breech Lock presses and take it from there
    God Bless Lee Precision

Boolit Master

At first I thought it could replace my Lee turret press but for progressive reloading I use a lock out die which, for me, means to many operations would have to happen off press since it is only 4 stations. If it passes the 'function' testing, sure is a good price point and should win over those considering a Pro 1000.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

And I don't see myself giving up my Pro1000 anytime soon either or my old 3 hole Value turret. I Like the Pro1000 just for it's simplicity. Just like the guns I load for it will make ammunition much more accurate than I am.

As stated above the new Pro4000, which is what they've designated it, decked out with a Auto Drum measure and Universal case feeder will retail at Titan Reloading for about $280.00. A brand new complete model Pro1000 is retailing at $194.49 at Titan.

I believe this new press will find a niche and a stable following amongst many new hand loaders. It certainly will be cheaper than a new Dillon SDB or Hornady LNL but is even more the Lee Loadmaster. With the use of the Safety Prime it should elevate most of the problems many have with the priming on both the Pro1000 and the Loadmaster.

Again if I wasn't so heavily into the 3 hole presses I would certainly be looking closer at this one.

The figures I came up with MINUS DIES or extra breech locks is just a bit over 200.00 bucks. I don't need the dies as I have all that I reload for. I'm not sure how I'd like the safety prime on a progressive press. I used one on a Classic Turret and it was alright but a progressive, don't know. My Dillon 450 from a while back with both manual powder and primer I liked just fine though. Might just try one for maybe just 9mm.

Numbers I came up with were all retail priced from Titan looking at it from the point of a new person that had nothing to begin with.

Now I'm sure one can shop around and find lower prices but I wasn't about to do that for a simple comparison.

I think this is going to be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run.

Boolit Master
    I went & put a 45 shellplate & the press in my "wishlist".

I have an addiction. I am thinking.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I went & put a 45 shellplate & the press in my "wishlist".

I have an addiction. I am thinking.
    Because I am on a restricted, limited budget and on my "wishlist" already are a Witness 45acp and the new S&W Shield EZ380. a new press hasn't made the list.

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Numbers I came up with were all retail priced from Titan looking at it from the point of a new person that had nothing to begin with.

Now I'm sure one can shop around and find lower prices but I wasn't about to do that for a simple comparison.

I think this is going to be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run.

Midsouth prices. Bare press 106.00

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast