WidenersRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: hi point jhp trigger ?

Boolit Master

hi point jhp trigger ?

Please explain this to me

hi point 45 jhp its striker fired the sear releases the firing pin. if you hold down the trigger after firing the
    firing pin recocks let off the trigger 1/2 way it resets and ready fire again
    How does it cock with the trigger held down would think the firing pin wouldn't cock?? just slide over the sear

My Hipoint C9 I have to work the slide back at least half way to reset the striker.

Are you SURE it is resetting the striker and not just the trigger?

I don't think it is the striker resetting, but the trigger.

Try loading a once fired brass and listen for the firing pin impact. I don't think you will find it is striking twice. If it is, I think I'd send it back to Hipoint to have it checked.

Boolit Master
    working the slide all the way back with the trigger held down after dry firing

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    That is how all autoloaders work. There is a disconnect mechanism which frees the sear from the trigger linkage when the gun cycles so it can catch the firing pin and ready for the next shot. Releasing the trigger re-engages the trigger mechanism to the sear. This also prevents the gun from firing out of battery.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    That is how all autoloaders work. There is a disconnect mechanism which frees the sear from the trigger linkage when the gun cycles so it can catch the firing pin and ready for the next shot. Releasing the trigger re-engages the trigger mechanism to the sear. This also prevents the gun from firing out of battery.
    Correct.

When the slide cycles, the sear captures the striker or firing pin and holds it at full cock or at full spring tension.

When the slide started to moved rearward, a disconnect moved the trigger linkage out of the way and allowed the sear to reset (look for a protrusion extending from underside of the rear of the slide toward the center. When the slide returned to battery, the disconnected sear caught the striker and held it under tension ready to fire, but the trigger assembly/bar is still in disconnect mode with the trigger held to the rear. The pistol cannot fire until the trigger is reset. As the trigger is slowly released, you hear a snap or pop as the trigger bar moves back into position where it can activate the sear.

I haven't looked at a high point enough to be specific about how the disconnector works specifically, but in general autoloading, semi-automatic firearms essentially have the same types of safeties, just in different locations or activated by slightly different means.

Brad

Boolit Master
    thanx for the info makes sense now how it works