Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Grip frame Ruger Single action

Grip frame Ruger Single action

Anyone know what type of grip frame I can use on a Single SIx other than the aluminum one?

Boolit Master
    I think Brownel sells an after market grip frame in blued steel for a little over $100. You could buy one made of stainless from Ruger.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

A SBH grip frame will also work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The screw holes in the Single-Six grip frame are the same as all other SA Rugers. In theory, any & all ruger grip frames will mount up to any frame.
    It's easiest to stay with OM to OM & NM to NM. This is due to the trigger return spring assy. You can use a NM g/f under an OM,,, IF you make an adapter block for the trigger return spring. I've done several of them.
    AND, there is also one other consideration. The more recent production of guns do not have the notch recess in the back of the frame that the older SA's have. If the gun has the notch recesses,,, and you get a g/f w/o the mating ears, no problem. But if you have the ears on the g/f, and no notch,, problem.
    Since you didn't mention the age of your Single-Six, you MAY have a few minor issues with this.

Back in 3screw days I use to switch Black Hawk and Super Black Hawk frames with nothing except
    a screw driver. A lot of guys hated the square back guard on SBH, I liked them. I would swap guys
    even and I would do the swap. I would buy used SBH and swap them out on my BHs. I never did
    a swap out on a Single -6. I don't know why I didn't, but I'm thinking there must have been one
    or I would have done it. I still have the old single-6s & SBHs, I'm going to check that out. I quit
    Ruger when they came out with New Model, I know very little about them.

Contender 1 is right as far as Old model Ruger SAs. I don't know about New Models. I got off my
    butt and checked out OM in S-6 & SBH. The frames will interchange, screw spacing and width of
    frame are the same. I did see why I never did it. It wasn't due to fitting, a SBH grip frame would
    be out of proportion on the small S-6. In other words it would look like ****, I knew there had to
    be some reason I didn't do it. That was 50yrs ago, a guy gets soft between the ears with that kind
    of time.