Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love Lee Pots!

Boolit Grand Master

As long as your alloy is completely clean a Lee pot won't leak. If there is any debris in the alloy then the pot will more than likely leak. And once they start they can be a pain to get to stop. I use a Lee pot but I've gotten to the point where I clean it regularly and I have spare valve rods on hand.

For the price they can't be beat. But I wish they were slightly more money and have a better valve setup. One day I will buy a Magma 40# pot and not look back. 20#s isn't big enough and leads to a good bit of down time.

Quote Originally Posted by RAK2018 View Post
    I also just bought a Lee pot , the 4-20 in 120 volt. My problem is that the thermostat just doesn't work right. I start out at setting it at 7 on the scale and it goes to close to 900 degrees. I turn it down to 3 and yes it cools down. if I set it to 5 and it just keeps going to may be 800. It doesn't seem to matter where I set it it just does what it wants. Does any body have a ideal what to do. I did send a email to LEE.
    Thanks

I just got a reply from LEE and they are going to send out another thermostat. That was fast as I just sent them a email a few hours ago.
    Buy a PID from Hatch or make one yourself if you are electrically inclined. I made up one a couple of years ago and holds temp perfectly. Just turn the lee thermostat to high and fergit that thing.... PID can be set for exact temp you want.

Mine will drip a bit, but if I get it set at right spot, it doesn't. I close when I finish casting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12