RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New low for AR-15's

Banned

New low for AR-15's

At the gun show over the weekend AR-15's were going for $399.95 This is so far the lowest price I have seen for a non-plastic lower on a new AR.

Boolit Grand Master
    I purchased two DPMS ORC’s for $375 after rebate last year and gave one the my son.

Great time to buy them. Ten years ago I scoffed at them, but they are good rifles and can be made to shoot very accurately. I have four now and assembling a fifth.
    Don Verna

Banned
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with DPMS, Anderson, and some of the other brands. They shoot accurately and don't need a name brand to be worth owning.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with DPMS, Anderson, and some of the other brands. They shoot accurately and don't need a name brand to be worth owning.
    Shooting 1 inch groups with Factory FMJ ammo with my cousins DPMS is what started me down the AR rabbit hole. It's almost sad to see people trying to recoup the price they paid for their Obama era AR-15. Almost. The good old days are right now on AR prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think it’s one of the best things to ever happen to us.
    Im sorry people are losing money because of what they paid years ago but low prices mean more rifles in the hands of law abiding citizens.
    The market is absolutely saturated with AR’s. This is good for us buyers.

Boolit Master
    Getting one is now on my list of, " I think I would like to have one of those...", now that they are more reasonable in price.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Until the price got below $4c, I had absolutely no interest. Now I have four.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

As much as I’m not a .223/5.56 fan, I may have to pick one up myself at these prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    As much as I’m not a .223/5.56 fan, I may have to pick one up myself at these prices.
    You will not regret it. Brass is cheap. It does not goggle up powder. I bought 6000 55 gr Hornady SP bullets a while back for about $400. $.07 each for a decent bullet. They were so cheap, I have not even tried the custom mold I bought.

And if you want to try a different caliber, a new upper and, depending on caliber, new magazines, and you are done.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    You will not regret it. Brass is cheap. It does not goggle up powder. I bought 6000 55 gr Hornady SP bullets a while back for about $400. $.07 each for a decent bullet. They were so cheap, I have not even tried the custom mold I bought.

And if you want to try a different caliber, a new upper and, depending on caliber, new magazines, and you are done.
    Yeah I know, it’s TOO TEMPTING! I was reading earlier this morning about the effectiveness of the .243WSSM in an AR-15 and it stirred up expensive images! I just bought a .308 AR-10 that’s more than capable of my needs, have a mold and lots of brass already.
    “I don’t need another AR! I don’t need another AR! I don’t need.......!” Frigging enablers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nines&Twos View Post
    I think it’s one of the best things to ever happen to us.
    Im sorry people are losing money because of what they paid years ago but low prices mean more rifles in the hands of law abiding citizens.
    The market is absolutely saturated with AR’s. This is good for us buyers.
    We only have one AR. Bought it back in the Clintonista Regime when the rage was banning everything in site and compromising on allowing 10 Round Magazines. Despite spending in excess of $800.00 for it way back when (Colt AR-15), it is still a good value as the Wife shoots it when we go to the Rifle range and enjoys a couple of Magazines to keep "Qualified" with it, then she's done. May think of picking another up in next year or two.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 02-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Last week I found an almost new Ruger AR556, with a $125 forearm stuck on it, for $525 before tax. It followed me home. Stack your AR's, magazines, and ammo deep now, in case the bad times come around again. And if they don't come around, you'll still have AR's, mags, and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    It sounds like you need a 300 Blackout then. I am a lifelong fan of the 223 cartridge but the blackout is a barrel of fun. Face it, you really need both.

Boolit Master
    I have a new lower built, really thinking about a 450 Bushmaster upper to deer hunt in southern Michigan.

Boolit Master

Can't go wrong with another AR at today's fire sale prices. Solid reliable weapon platform that could double or triple in price with one news worthy event

In this state, they have to be preban and are at least $1800.

It would almost seem a travesty to own an AR-15 and not have one chambered in 300BO. It's the perfect caster's caliber.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Just before Christmas, Brownells had a one day sale on 300 Blk 16" uppers, $209 shipped. Of course, no BCG. Now swapping the upper from 5.56 to 300 Blk I basically have two ARs.
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    In this state, they have to be preban and are at least $1800.
    What state is that?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    What state is that?

Connecticut, in NY. we can get them BUT they have to sneak past the NY(un)safe act. The magazine has to be fixed in place or it can't have any evil features like pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet lug ectra. All that makes the price go up.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast