Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 10mm Colt

10mm Colt

My son went to a gun show today and a 10mm Colt Delta Elite followed him home. I've got dies and will have brass shortly but as far as boolits I need a tip as to what NOT to cast. The 175 Lee looks like a good place to start for not a lot of $ so my question is has anybody here tried it? If you have, what powder did yours like. 10mm is new territory for me-gotta love the experience. thanks , Murf205
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Thats all I use in all of my 10's I keep the fps below 12-1300 using w-w and hi tek

I’ve shot 155grn cast and have the Lee 175grn mold as well, I’m powder coating the Lee’s and bought the 155’s lubed. Both shoot well in my DE and both work well with Unique as a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    The lee is a good bullet. 800x is the bomb, lol. I like accurate arms powders behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size dia. are you sizing them to?
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Lee 175 TC will work well and is where I started. I sized to .4015 as that is what my .401 die sized to. I now shoot a 190ish grain WFN at around 1230 fps.

I lean toward Longshot powder for ease and consistent metering and upper mid to top velocities with consideration to lower powder charges. 800X is comparable but at a cost of weighing each charge. AA#9 is also up there with velocities however at much higher powder charges. Blue dot is also a decent powder but has higher flash signature. AA#7 is very good however it will not quite give you the top velocities with heavier boolits.

Boolit Grand Master
    The Lee 175 grain truncated cone bullet is a SUPERB bullet for both 40 S&W and 10mm.

Dittoes for the 1200-1300 FPS speed limit advised above for the Colt platform/175 grain bullet combination. Winchester loads their Silvertips into the 1275 FPS/5" barrel zone, and these get around 1240-1250 in my Glock 20 SF. In the Colts or the Glocks, this is probably the upper limit without doing excessive battering. The Norma-level loads for the Bren Ten (200 grainers at 1200-1225 FPS) are too much of a good thing for the 1911s and Plasticators. S&W 1006 and 1026 delighted in Norma-level loads, though.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    When I had my 10mm it was extremely accurate with jacketed bullets. I only shot jacketed simply because it was accurate with the load I had. I had no desire to play with lead simply because I could push the 10mm to the limit and put shots where they counted.

Boolit Master
    I agree with the Lee 175, powder coated, with Unique. I use the Lee with Unique in both 40 and 10mm.
    Loren

With Accurate #9 recommended I would think 2400 is a viable option. Never had any surprises with 2400 as long as a dash of prudence is used. I will definitely powder coat.

Boolit Master
    2400 is a powder that is just not economical for the velocity to grain ratio etc. Not enough case volume for 2400 to see it perform like similar powders in the particular burn rate. It will work just seemed to me like an uneconomical powder when one can use a faster powder to achieve the same results. On a positive note though if one was going to use 2400 it would be lower pressure.

Boolit Grand Master
    800-X, Blue Dot, AA-7 are my go-to fuels for most of my 10mm loading.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned

My favorites are Herco, Winchester Auto-Comp, little BlueDot, little Unique. Mainly the first two.

Just finished loading some 10mm test loads with Blue Dot and Acc #9. I did use an unmentionable projectile because I found the box in the back of the cabinet. I really need to stop moving, this stuff is heavy....previous 10mm loads were with close to book max of Unique and 170gr coated SWC in my G20 w/ 6” Lone Wolf Barrel. Works good, and I think I still have a box or two loaded up. Bring on MT!

Boolit Buddy
    170 gr cast and Longshot. Works better than anything else I have tried.