Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Absorbing lead thru the skin ?

Quote Originally Posted by dimaprok View Post
    Nope, that is false the powder burning will NOT burn or melt the base of the bullet. It wont even burn paper attached to the base. Tests have been done to prove that. Its the blow by gases that cause leading that melt bullet sides.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    So as to not highjack the op's thread, I started a new one to discuss this.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ling-in-barrel

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I have had high lead levels from casting and reloading not high enough to need meds ( 28). But had to quit handling lead for quite a while. Don't smoke eat or drink while casting or loading. Wear a mask while casting. Shower after casting session. Wash hands after loading. And still had high levels of lead. Started wearing latex gloves when ever reloading. And I am still doing something wrong. I will admit that when I cast or reload they are usually last all day. I will say had a brother who did industrial stripping and painting towers bridges and the like. Lead poisoning almost killed him. In ICU for several weeks so it can be bad. Safe loading to all!

Boolit Buddy
    I wouldn't want to guess at the amount of lead shot swallowed at my Grandfathers Sunday Dinner table (2pm Sunday dinner) between 1956 and 1963 (when I lived on his farm). The meal was always centered around whatever was gathered during the Sunday morning hunt through the corn fields. Pheasant, Quail, Pigeon, Dove, and Rabbit. It was gutted, plucked, skinned or breasted and then turned over to my Grandmother.

We had separate "shot plates" that we used to spit out any shot from the meal. Chew Chew plink Chew Chew plink. I have no idea how many pieces of bird shot I swallowed during those years.

I am now 67 and I have stopped eating shot, but, I still cast and reload. I do wash my hands afterword because we now know how scary lead is.

v/r rch

Boolit Master
    This subject comes up at least a couple of times a year. I've been casting for over fourty years, I have never had a high level of lead in my blood tests. I do wear gloves to cast boolits but that is only to keep from getting burned. We can really over think this thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123