RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bucks New 110 LT

Bucks New 110 LT

I havent gotten one... yet. Sure looks good though to my eye. Bout the only thing It needs is a pocket clip.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/1...e/0110BKSLT-B/

~Bazoo

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    ........................ needs is a pocket clip.
    but it comes with it's own black polyester sheath, not that anyone is going to use it.

In Remembrance

It`s almost like Buck Knives commited Hari Kari with one of their knives when they dropped the leather sheath that used to come with their knives. I don`t know of anyone that likes these cheap sheaths they come with now. What does the new Buck look like?Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    It`s almost like Buck Knives commited Hari Kari with one of their knives when they dropped the leather sheath that used to come with their knives. I don`t know of anyone that likes these cheap sheaths they come with now. What does the new Buck look like?Robert
    The 110LT has nylon handles the 110 has brass bolsters, wood handles and a leather sheath.
    https://www.buckknives.com/product/1...ife/0110FAM01/

You can still get the buck 110 with a leather sheath. The one i have was given to me last year by the wife, came from academy with a leather sheath in a blister pack.

Banned
    The Buck 110 is certainly an iconic design (introduced in the early 1960's) and is one of the most copied folding knife designs ever made. I guess it has its place for people that want a large folder but for me time has passed it by. IMO, there are far better folding designs available now.
    I still keep an old one in my truck but I stopped carrying the 110 in the mid 1980's.

In terms of size & weight, the Buck 110 is right on the edge of a good fixed blade knife.

I intermittently carry a buck 110. I swap between that and a sheath knife, normally a buck 192 vanguard. The only thing I dont like about the 110 is the balance. I dont mind the weight however.

Boolit Master
    When I became conscious I quit carry knives like the Buck 110 and similar knives. Now I carry a Benchmade Proxy which a very high end steel CPM 20CV.

Problem with the benchmade proxy is the price. Also, I dont like those super steels. I used to be into them, but they have one drawback, difficulty sharpening. For a single handed opening knife with a clip, the buck 345 is my choice du jour. The buck 110 aint a weapon, and for its purpose it performs admirably i think.

Boolit Master
    Problem with the benchmade proxy is the price. Also, I dont like those super steels. I used to be into them, but they have one drawback, difficulty sharpening. For a single handed opening knife with a clip, the buck 345 is my choice du jour. The buck 110 aint a weapon, and for its purpose it performs admirably i think.
    I'm not recommending everyone carry a knife like I carry. I am just stating what I carry.
    There are many knives with better steel, that is still not to hard to sharpen, has a pocket clip, lanyard hole, and is easier opening than the Buck 110 type of knives. They may not be as cheap but with knives you typically get what you pay for.

I carried a benchmade 3310 a while and, while I enjoyed it, I was always worried about losing it. It was given to me by a friend, and I sold it sometime later. 200-300 for a knife is a lot to pay for a poor person.

I agree, you get what you pay for, but only to a degree. The difference between a 10 dollar knife and a 40 dollar knife is worlds apart, the difference between a 40 and a 100 is a little.... and the difference between a 100 and 300 aint enough to justify the price for me.

Boolit Master
    I carried a benchmade 3310 a while and, while I enjoyed it, I was always worried about losing it. It was given to me by a friend, and I sold it sometime later. 200-300 for a knife is a lot to pay for a poor person.

I agree, you get what you pay for, but only to a degree. The difference between a 10 dollar knife and a 40 dollar knife is worlds apart, the difference between a 40 and a 100 is a little.... and the difference between a 100 and 300 aint enough to justify the price for me.
    Everyone has their own opinion.

Very true.

Boolit Bub
    Still made in USA as well.