Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Chief #2

Chief #2

Picked up another Chief . First one blew the probe o ring off . Started to chrony this one . But stopped because it was like the first one . 9.8 grains starting just under a 1000 fps and going down from there . Pulled the hammer spring and put a 11/64 set to it . Then ran these two strings . First one at 2000 psi . The second at 2200 psi which is as high as I want to take this rifle . Same 9.8 grain pellets . Has a little spread but at 30 yards and under POI is not effected so much that a little over under can not take care of it . Have about a tin of pellets through it now . I noticed that the probe o ring does not leak until the rifle gets to 1400 psi . So I stop before this and hope that the o ring stays on this one . Not saying that this is right . But it is a $170 pcp not a $1700 pcp . I did adjust the trigger to 2 pounds and installed my LDC on it . It is accurate ,easy to chock , and load . What I have noticed is both my Gauntlet and Sentry have narrow loading ports because of the mags . And when a single shot tray is used it is hard to get the pellets loaded . But when the mags are used you have to pull the bolt back past sear engagement to get the probe to clear the mag . Which makes cocking harder . Which adds up when you shoot for a long time . Marvin

With the "set" spring it looks like it did real well from 2100 psi to 1500 for a 170 dollar pcp..Looks like about a 42 fps. spread for 25 to 26 shots.

Probably do even better as it breaks in more?

The Chief has held up well . Been shooting it more than my other rifles that take a 3k fill . Been using them until my small 14cf 4500 psi tank hits just under 3000 psi. Then I use the Chief and fill the rifle 6 times from 1400 psi to 2200 psi and the tank still has 2500 psi in it . Marvin