RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Sorel Pac boot inserts - What happened

Sorel Pac boot inserts - What happened

Mfg. doesn't even list the inserts that my boots have - and it looks like they are made in China now. What happened to this company?

Guess I'll just live with my old inserts unless someone knows where you can get the lambs wool inserts now for less than the original cost of my boots
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I got a PAIR OF INSERTS FROM ll. bEAN AT ONE TIME, TOOK A CHANCE AND THEY FIT WELL. bEEN RUNNING THEM SINCE. (big fingers!!)

Should be others out there that will work. A few here: https://www.google.com/search?q=pac+...=2560&bih=1298

Banned
    I think that Sorels are outdated, obsolete. I was born and raised in Central Wisconsin. Then moved to the Boston area in the mid 80's. Moved back to WI in 2005. Couldn't find Sorels anymore. While talking to my brother he informed me that there had been a great improvement in the warm clothing industry including boots. Said that there were much better, warmer, lighter boots out there now. But I persisted and found a pair at a second hand store with a new pair of inserts in them. Wore them a couple years and gave them back to the second hand store. TOO DARN HEAVY. I am gonna get me a new space aged pair of boots that are almost as light as sneakers when I get back to ice fishing. Others may find what I have written offensive. . . sorry!

Artful,

check this out
    https://www.sorel.com/boots/liners/

on sale right now.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    The advent of chemical toe/foot warmers has driven the specialty warm boot manufacturer's profits down. Same with down vests, coats, etc. I own one suit I paid around four hundred bucks for that I don't even wear anymore. I simply stick some of the chemical adhesive warmers on and wear a mid weight coat/jacket on the coldest days and stay warm. My super heavy weight artic suitable boots just sit in a closet. Those toe/foot warmers work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Artful,

check this out
    https://www.sorel.com/boots/liners/

on sale right now.
    Thanks - I saw those - look like a close out as some I looked at only came in a few sizes
    And doesn't appear as if made the same as my Original liners.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

I always add insoles cut from scrap pieces of carpet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    The advent of chemical toe/foot warmers has driven the specialty warm boot manufacturer's profits down. Same with down vests, coats, etc. I own one suit I paid around four hundred bucks for that I don't even wear anymore. I simply stick some of the chemical adhesive warmers on and wear a mid weight coat/jacket on the coldest days and stay warm. My super heavy weight artic suitable boots just sit in a closet. Those toe/foot warmers work great.
    Where would one get these magical ice-defying marvels?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    Where would one get these magical ice-defying marvels?
    Wal Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Tractor Supply, and about a thousand other places that sell any kind of hunting supplies or outdoor clothing. You can google them and buy them on-line. It's almost impossible to not find them if you visit any of those types of stores. They've been around (the "sticky" ones) for about five or six years and the non-stick ones for about twenty years. You must have been hibernating if you haven't seen them.
    Last edited by Pressman; 02-04-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: No eBay or Amazon links, ever

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Wal Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Tractor Supply, and about a thousand other places that sell any kind of hunting supplies or outdoor clothing. You can google them and buy them on-line. It's almost impossible to not find them if you visit any of those types of stores. They've been around (the "sticky" ones) for about five or six years and the non-stick ones for about twenty years. You must have been hibernating if you haven't seen them.
    Yup, moved to Boston in '86 then to FL in 2005. Then back to WI in 2012. So it has been 32 years since I looked to buy a pair of warm shoes.

Boolit Grand Master

Threw out my -100F rated Sorel Glacier bear and bought a pair of -40 rated Kamik last year, the Kamik win hands down!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    I've been using Kamik liners in my Sorels. Now I winter in Florida so no need anymore.
    https://www.kamik.com/b2c_us_en/men/...html#color=blk

Banned

Thumbs up

There are several companies that sell low voltage rechargeable boots, vests and jackets that run all day. Just as the old heavy wool Macs are obsolete so are boots that weigh 8 pounds.

Look on Amazon ---- tons of them.

Here's just one supplier:

https://voltheat.com/

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve been using my Sorels since 1986, on my second set of Pacs. Heavy not so so much, will last a life time, Yes!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie17 View Post
    I’ve been using my Sorels since 1986, on my second set of Pacs. Heavy not so so much, will last a life time, Yes!!
    Same here, original boots with a second felt liner. The old ones got worn thin and flat, little insulation left.

I got a pair of cheap pac boots for snow removal as I wanted the Sorels to last for hunting. Still look good after 30 years.

And they don't need no stinkin batteries!

So I found some silvered bubble packaging here and cut out some inner sole additions
    - Thinking I can get by - we'll see
    - temp's up north seem to be warming
    - it was 80 F in the valley so may not need them at all now.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    So I found some silvered bubble packaging here and cut out some inner sole additions
    - Thinking I can get by - we'll see
    - temp's up north seem to be warming
    - it was 80 F in the valley so may not need them at all now.
    You never know we had a 45* temp swing since yesterday.
    Charter Member #148