RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've designed a left side completed round ejector for my Lee Value Turret

Boolit Buddy

I've designed a left side completed round ejector for my Lee Value Turret

I have designed an ejector that doesn't require reversing the rotation of the press. It ejects the completed rounds into a bin on the left side of the operator opposite the handle.

I wonder how much interest there would be for such a device. Taking the rounds out by hand isn't that big a deal, but anything that removes a step seems to be of interest to most turret press users.

I will have a completed prototype early next week. I might put it out there for this forum to see. Might be a link to a YouTube video though.

Would love to see it work.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Is this for the new 2018 Value Turret or the older one with the Red Cast Aluminum Base ?

Boolit Buddy
    I have the new one. I think my idea would work on the other turret presses too. The demensions would need to be altered.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fralic76 View Post
    Would love to see it work.

Okay. I've got a working prototype. Here’s a link to a
    YouTube video showing it in action. https://youtu.be/-9oBHXONgY8

Quote Originally Posted by ichthyo View Post
    Okay. I've got a working prototype. Here’s a link to a
    YouTube video showing it in action. https://youtu.be/-9oBHXONgY8
    Looks great, looks like it could work on the classic cast also. Will it still work if you use 4 dies?

Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Oh yea. What you just saw was kicking the round out when it cycled back to resizing die. I don't use factory crimp much.

Boolit Buddy

Looks good. I had not seen the new one operate. Where does the safety prime attach ?

Boolit Buddy
    It fits under the right front bolt head. The cam on my ejector will have to clear the top of the bolt head with the safety prime installed. Shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by ichthyo; 02-04-2018 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Typo

Clever! Should work on the older Value Turret but, as you say, it will need to be made for that press as the distance between the cartridge holder and the top is less than the Classic press (only designed for pistol cartridges).

Boolit Master
    ichthyo , If you are on FB please come and join our Lee Reloading and Casting page! Our group enjoys clever mods for Lee tools!
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Buddy
    I'll check it out. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Very ingenious. If the price is right I'd take one. I would also offer the wire kicker as an extra order piece so you can put one on each of your turrets.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks. I'm still debating whether to mass produce these or not. If I do I'll give you notice.

Just a heads up, if you do decide to sell these, be sure to do it in the Swappin' & Sellin' section of the forum, not in this thread, or any thread outside S&S.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Will do.

I just made my own "kicker", based on your idea. Rather than a spring "cam" I cut a piece of aluminium to fit on the die, clamped with a second locking nut. It took a bit of trial-and-error, of course, to get it working and if I ever made another one I would be able to make things line up better, now having a working prototype. I used aluminium because it's easy to work with, but if I ever get around to learning how to create things with my 3D printer it would be perfect to make the components for something like this (as well as being a lot easier!). So thanks for the idea, ichthyo .

I actually made a reverse twist shaft and associated parts to make a "kicker" like the one for sale, but it's a tricky thing to get working properly as occasionally the shaft doesn't engage in the small square ratchet so won't rotate. The beauty of your design is that while it's a bit bulkier it is simply an add-on so the original parts (that work) can still be used.

Boolit Master

Great idea! I have been looking for something like that.
    Now another project!

Boolit Buddy
    I have made some improvements to my case kicker. I built a cam that sits on the top of the turret instead of a wire to trip the kicker. Here's a video that shows the kicker, the new Lee Value Press, and loading some gallery 30-30 rounds using 32-20 bullets sized to .311. https://youtu.be/OcD0cII--RM

Boolit Master

Just saw this for the first time. Great job and use of the old noodle. james

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast