MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Hawken swallows T7 for the first time

Banned

Hawken swallows T7 for the first time

Awesome day with 70 grains Triple 7 2FG, .490" Round Ball wrapped in .018 patch with Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube.

3 low shots are slight hang fires. Using a Treso nipple, I found that the T7 creates a hard crust in the nipple hole and for best results, I need to run a nipple pick after each shot.

My first 2 shots of the day were touching, then she started that slight hiccup and so I learned.... Pick the nipple hole clear before loading.

I am not a huge fan of T7 to be honest. I've had a hard time with it in the earlier years with inconsistent groups and of course, I hate swabbing when shooting the Inline rifles.

Today, I did not have to swab the bore once and the bore felt almost like a clean barrel when reloading the next shot.

Tomorrow I plan on shooting a lot more and try lowering the charge down a bit. That T7 load is hotter than my Goex hunting load.

I WILL be sticking with Goex for hunting, that is a 100% Guarantee!

I don't miss using T7. Had you shot 15-20 instead of 7, you may have froze shut / seized up both your nipple threads and your bolster drum screw threads.

Your Frontier's Anti-Rust & Patch Lube eliminated the infamous T/7 crud ring buildup at the breech. But it's odd that those seven patches show no signs of your lube on them.

Have you changed the recipe to clear?

Banned
    I'll be putting close to 30 shots down range tomorrow. I use plumbers tape on the threads, but that's not really a t7 issue, every powder will freeze up those threads if they are not lubed.

My lube is a whitish/very light tan color. Once you put it on thin, you can only feel the velvet soft feeling of the lube once it cures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5620.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	213277