Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NON Harbor Freight PC source?

Boolit Bub
    Funny no one has mentioned Smoke's powder!! I decided to try the cheap route after finding a toaster oven at a garage sale and try his powder. I got one of his trial packs, followed his instructions and they came out great the first time. I do recommend Smoke's powder.

Boolit Master

I have some John Deer Green from some guy named Smoke, it works well, might try him lol. I also have some blue but haven't tried it yet.

I'm A Honcho!
    I’m actually waiting for my Eastwood Hotcoat Clear to run out then I’m buying Smokes. If you just want function...clear is the way to go. I even tested swapping between jacketed to cast in 4 x 10 shot rotations to test accuracy degradation and found none.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    NO, not even getting a discount from him, BUT, his product works!
    No discount or cut rate what is this world coming to heck he has not even tried to sway me with a free sample lol his powder must me good. I do have to say a good powder over HF stuff is like night and day. I have not tried his powder but have use higher grade powders and its is a big difference.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Bub
    So I did it! My first PC run...workable with some room for improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Pooka...what size are those bullets?

Boolit Bub
    Both are from Lee molds, the green is 9mm 6CAV TL356-124-2R and the black is .45 6 CAV TL452-230-2R

Boolit Buddy
    smoke's dependable and fast turnaround I love the Carolina blue !

CC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    Harbor Freight is a darn cheep supplier of powder coating supplies, and if you're goal is to make sexy/evil colored boolits which can somewhat replace normal lubing during the sizing process then that's the way to go.
    BUT, if you just want the slickest lead bullets you can get then I suggest you try Hex-Boron Nitride (hBN) Powder. I shoot in cowboy action events and "roll my own" so to speak. After making thousands of 357 lead slugs I got real tired of effin with my luber/sizer die's shenanigans, so I read an article (somewhere???) about powder coating. It sounded almost as putzy as my lubrisizer until I came to a part about Hexagonal Boron Nitride (hBN) Powder. I bought a test batch from and tried it. Holy crappadoochy were those bullets slick! I can barely pick up a single powder-coated bullet with my fingers. No lie!
    I size 'em all first, just to be sure, and then I use my vibratory tumbler to apply the hBN for 20 - 40 minutes and I'm done lubing 100-300 boolits, which is more than enough for a weekend shooting event. The shiny cast lead boolits change to a sexy dark metallic grey color which look pretty hot on my pistol belt.

No matter what you decide, keep hBN powder coating in mind.
    I don't want to change the focus of this thread but I had not heard of hBN for coating raw lead bullets. I reload 22lr. I currently powder coat them. But am interested in alternatives. Do you know here can I get more info on hBN coat of lead?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12