Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: T/C System 1 questions

T/C System 1 questions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F09822F9-E8E1-4FB1-A23F-5EDD2D85C55F.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	213233
    I’m looking into getting a T/C system1 in 50 cal with a composite stock and stainless barrel. It comes with a Bushnell 3x9x40 scope and some supplies. He is asking $125 for all.
    1. Is that an ok price for one in nice but not perfect shape?
    2. Please list any pros and cons from your experience.
    3. Do you like yours?

I have a T/C Hawkin already but hey - this one might be fun.

Thanks
    Dave

I'd like to know too. There's one for sale up here in Canada same as Op's but apparently unfired and no box or papers.
    Seller is asking $325 CDN

Never got to shooting the .50 I had before selling it (too many toys). T/C made .32, .50 and .54 rifle barrels for them as well as a 12 gauge smooth bore. The .32 barrel was full diameter in the stock area with a reduced diameter the rest of the length to cut weight and make it balance. Always thought it would be interesting to have a small/medium/big game rifle and shotgun combo all in one.

I have one in 50 , by fault of T/C design the scope is mounted on the receiver and the barrel is lined up by a 1" section of breech plug that slip fits into the receiver and a 1/4 locking bolt . Mine would not group at all and I tried everything . I messed with it for about 4 years , 2 of which it set while I hunted with my Renagade . I switched scopes , and finally tried a scope off my 22mag. it would group OK for about 3 shots then start throwing them all over . I finally got mad yanked the scope and bases off shot it with 90 Gr. FF black and 370 maxi ball and with the factory irons 1 hole group's at 25yd. sub 2" at 50yd. I guy my Dad talked to had one and sent it back , since it didn't brake T/C said nothing they could do . I cleaned mine up and TIG welded the barrel and receiver together , put my scope back on and dialed it in . That was 15 years ago and it still shoots around MOA with 90gr. FF under a Maxi Ball . I haven't touched the scope since except for up and down while running power belts in it for a couple of years . I just clean it with hot water and clear tubing like the old Thunder Hawks . They have a 1:38 twist . T/C had good intentions when they designed it but the failure is where the barrel & receiver mate up . There is a reason they only made them for 2 years ( to the best of my knowledge ). Heck mine is only a 4 digit serial #. After rereading I just noticed the buck in my avatar was killed with it , right at a 100yd's with 2 -777 pellets under a 295 Power Belt.
    Last edited by marshall623; 02-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Banned

Mine shoots awesome. I take it apart every time I clean it. It goes back to zero every time. I really wish I would have got the other barrels for mine. One thing that makes these either shoot or not is the false muzzle. Cut it off and re crown the barrel and it will shoot fine.

Thanks for the info guys.

Uncle Dave