Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New (4) Hole Pro 1000

In the ad that you linked to from Lee their ad states to visit their website for information. Only it's not there!

I for one would like to see more. From what I see in the ad nothing from the Pro1000 or any of the turret presses will be compatible with this new press. So that would mean a complete new system while making the others obsolete! Which may be a good thing for them in the big picture.

Boolit Buddy
    In the email it says it takes the Safety Prime. This means it will be slower than the Pro1000 I think.

It also looks like it uses their Breech Lock System for the dies following the Hornady LNL Progressive Press Idea. I personally like the Toolhead / Turret functionality. I wonder if you will have an option to use the upper on the 4 hole turret press and use turret ?

It has me wanting to see a Video !

Boolit Buddy
    They updated the website to show the Pro 4000 / Auto Breech Lock Pro:

https://leeprecision.com/auto-breech-lock-pro.html

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    They updated the website to show the Pro 4000 / Auto Breech Lock Pro:

https://leeprecision.com/auto-breech-lock-pro.html
    Someone else just emailed me that. Too bad there is no video.

Boolit Man

Lee Pro-4000 Available as Backorder from Midsouth

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Someone else just emailed me that. Too bad there is no video.
    Well I just saw the new 4 hole Pro-4000 available as back order from Midsouth. It costs $105 if I'm not mistaken but does not include shell plate or dies.

According to Midsouth, they will begin to shipout orders by April 2018.

I noted the primer system is the manual type used in the Lee 4 hole turret press. You load primers one at a time at the top of the ram stroke using the primer dispenser - same one used in turret presses.

Just for info...

Boolit Master
    Just got a 4 hole turret last Dec. as a Christmas gift to myself. Just getting used to using it a little over a month later from then & here they are offering this new progressive for about the same price.

I think I will be getting one.

I also think I may be addicted...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Seriously, there should be a new demo video to actually see it in action, how it works. Yes from what I've read it uses the Safety Prime system.

Still believe I'll be staying with the Value turret and the Pro1000 I am already using. If they were to offer the new Pro 1000 as just a bare press I might consider that as I understand the shell plate and carrier along with the turrets will still work on the new press.

JB, That's the way to think. I'm so far invested in the 3 hole between the 3 hole Value turret and the Pro 1000 with shell plates, carriers and turrets that I cannot see myself starting over. Especially since I'm now retired and on a limited income. I'd rather spend that money on one more gun. Though from what I see so far I have high expectations for the new Pro4000.

Now I wonder if they will come out with a 4 hole turret cut to fit the Breech Lock bushings so the old turret press can be used to supplement this new progressive for those short runs or working up loads.

Banned

I am for sure going to get one
    Retail should be $125 +/-
    I use the breech lock system
    So this is a modular low priced addition to what I am doing now
    Lee may have the last laugh
    I prime off the press so I do not care at all about the priming system
    My brass is ready to go
    Then, what happens to my 550s ???
    May sell them off if the Lee works for me

Boolit Buddy
    They posted the 'Quick Start Manual" for the Auto Breech Lock Pro:

https://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PR2679.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    and will allow you to use the Safety Prime system, should you choose to automate the priming.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    I would hardly call the Safety Prime system an "automated system".

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    An improved Drum measure would be nice. I've had mine back to Lee twice and it is showing signs again. Don't get me wrong, I love mine. It's just that it's about as reliable as a constipated bowl movement.

Okay, so you've sent it back to Lee twice for repairs of some sort (I'm assuming here) and it's showing the same (?) problem again and it's unreliable as, well, let's just say unreliable. And you still "love" it......odd.

Should have expanded that comment a bit as I've been using it quite regularly as of late..

I love the concept and the design, love the ease of use and setup. I hate it's unreliability. Right now I am only using it with 45acp cases and it appears to be working better with the larger cases. Then when trying to use it with the small 380 cases I was getting a lot of cases that had the mouth rim chipped out. I believe the return/activation spring inside the measure is to stiff for the smaller cases. I know it was the measure causing this because as soon as I swapped out the measure and put on the Disk measure it all went away. Made no other changes other than the measure.

Boolit Buddy
    They put up the instruction manual:
    https://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PR1441.pdf

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    They put up the instruction manual:
    https://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PR1441.pdf
    not impressed. it needs a different priming setup. id rather have a 3 hole 1000 over this.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBore45 View Post
    not impressed. it needs a different priming setup. id rather have a 3 hole 1000 over this.
    I have the priming system on my Turret press. It is trouble free and easy to get use to.

Your left hand will be busy with primers & bullets.
    Last edited by Livin_cincy; 03-30-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I think Lee has it right to offer something more manual and less expensive. I just wish they would have kept the turret heads, but the quick change bushings should be plenty fast for caliber change overs. I wonder how this fits into their product line if it is priced around the same cost point as the classic turret press...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Buddy
    I think it will make their turret presses be less popular. Since you can use this press as a turret it makes sense to get it vs a turret only press.

The Pro1000 has an "automated primer system but no separate seat and crimp. Dillon started the idea of 4 dies. Many single stage users seated then crimped in two steps. LEE gets targeted for making the LEE FCD as a solution in search of a problem. So now you can decide what you prefer.

Boolit Buddy
    They posted a video showing a 360 rotation. It does not show operation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VoyJbQJ9g&t=0s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12