Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: A.Uberti M 1876 Win. .45/60 WCF

A.Uberti M 1876 Win. .45/60 WCF

Any of you out there shoot a Uberti 1876 in .45-60WCF?

If so, how do you like it and what boolits and powders are you using?
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

I shoot one and It's a Beautiful Rifle!! Case Color, and a very smooth action Oh Ya LoL Back to your question ... I shoot both Goex 3fff & IMR4198
    and a 300gr cast boolit !!! the IMR 4198 I use 26gr......and the 3fff I use 59gr ! My cases a cut down 45-70 brass!!!! She does good

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Mine is a 45/75, haven't settled on a load yet, seems a never ending search.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumper 1876 Uberti.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	213157

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    We shoot a 45-60 but in a Winchester.. Ours gets a steady diet of 3F Goex with a cereal box wad under a 300 grain cast of 40-1 at .460 diameter.
    So far have not found a smokeless load that will shoot better. 5744 gets close but will not equal 3F.
    I am 5500 miles from my loading book or I could give you some specifics. But whatever velocity 3F gives in cut down Winchester 45-70 cases is right at the same velocity 5744 gave the best accuracy.

Our other 1876 is a Chaparral in 50-95. Again 3F Goex has given the best accuracy. No smokeless powder equals what 3F produces.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Mine is same without the buttpad (45/75 uberti)
    Modified a LEE 405 HB mold back to 335 grain (wider flat nose - flat base and shortened by one groove) and it gets 1480 to 1500FPS with 68 grains of FFFg
    Same mold modified (wider flat nose and no hollow base) 405 Grains - gets about 1350FPS with 62 grains of FFFg
    Cases are reformed winchester(brand) 348 winchester brass
    Boolit is softlead and wheelweight with a touch of tin - maybe equivalent to 1:30
    Lube is Beeswax and neatsfoot oil
    I made the powder
    Shoots both boolits nice so far - maybe likes the heavier one a little - but nothing in it really

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    Mine is same without the buttpad (45/75 uberti)
    Modified a LEE 405 HB mold back to 335 grain (wider flat nose - flat base and shortened by one groove) and it gets 1480 to 1500FPS with 68 grains of FFFg
    Same mold modified (wider flat nose and no hollow base) 405 Grains - gets about 1350FPS with 62 grains of FFFg
    Cases are reformed winchester(brand) 348 winchester brass
    Boolit is softlead and wheelweight with a touch of tin - maybe equivalent to 1:30
    Lube is Beeswax and neatsfoot oil
    I made the powder
    Shoots both boolits nice so far - maybe likes the heavier one a little - but nothing in it really
    Indian joe.........you make your own Black Powder???? WoW.......Black Powder in this city does not exist ! As of 2 years ago it all dried up! Now guys
    make a group buy ....once a year...... and drop ship it in.....Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OlDeuce View Post
    Indian joe.........you make your own Black Powder???? WoW.......Black Powder in this city does not exist ! As of 2 years ago it all dried up! Now guys
    make a group buy ....once a year...... and drop ship it in.....Ol Deuce
    Its not difficult - time consuming but not so hard - there is a thread on here (in the muzzleloader section) runs almost 100pages - all you need to know to get a feller like you going on it - very satisfying once you get it worked out.

Getting ready to go about Memorial Day to pick up an original Winchester 1876 that was manufactured sometime between 1882 and 1883. I haven't seen it in many years and doubt that it has been fired in at least 60 years. I am planning on using an Accurate Molds 46-305C LFNPB boolit and pushing it with some IMR Trailboss. When I go to pick it up, I am going to bring one piece of trimmed brass and one boolit unsized, dropped as cast, to check bore size and to see if the original rim of the 45-70 brass needs to be reduced or not. The waiting is killing me and I feel like a kid on Christmas!!!!!