Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Airforce texan

Boolit Master

Airforce texan

I saw one of these today at a larger gunshop that I rarely get to because it's halfway across the state. My initial impression was that it felt like a high quality piece. When I got home and did a little research online I became quite impressed. It's .457 caliber and gets about 900 fps with a 350 grain boolit (I think). The YouTube videos on it look impressive. Anyone here have or shot one of these? I'm new to airguns so any advice would be welcome. I've got a big assortment of 45 molds. Do you lube the boolits like in a firearm?
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

That would be leaving standard 45 colt handgun loads in the dust from an airgun.

Boolit Grand Master

I have looked at them and find them impressive also. The research I did showed 405s at 900-950 fps. Pretty impressive performance from an air rifle. I seen one where hits were being made at 400-600yds with one. I also noted only 3-5 shots before recharge was needed for consistency. I decided against one simply because I'm not comfortable working with 4500psi pressures

Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    I saw one of these today at a larger gunshop that I rarely get to because it's halfway across the state. My initial impression was that it felt like a high quality piece. When I got home and did a little research online I became quite impressed. It's .457 caliber and gets about 900 fps with a 350 grain boolit (I think). The YouTube videos on it look impressive. Anyone here have or shot one of these? I'm new to airguns so any advice would be welcome. I've got a big assortment of 45 molds. Do you lube the boolits like in a firearm?
    I have about 5 AF rifles but none of the Texas line . The AF line is a good product . As far as lube you do not lube as you would with a PB . There is no heat to burn off the lube . So you quickly foul a barrel with soft lubes . I use dry slide on my cast bullets which is a silicon and any lube that dry's like it would be good as well . Powder coating I have not used but should work as long as it does not leave a residue . As stated the big bores use a large amount of air . I have 15 big bores that I have not been able to shoot for over a year due to a move I made . If the move had not taken place I would have bought the Texan 357 by now .Marvin

Boolit Buddy
    The only lube you use is to take a bunch of projectiles and swirl them around in a container with some silicon airgun oil (not too much)
    Domari Nolo

Texan with a Texan Possibly legal for deer fall 2018

27 Feb 2017 Note: Unfortunately this video was a temporary casualty of the week long YouTube madness that caused the removal of nearly all airgun content.
    Most content is now being restored but some content producers are now "gun shy" and have made their videos private. Hopefully this video will reappear in a few days.
    Last edited by Tritium; 02-27-2018 at 02:04 AM.