Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 lee value turret press

Boolit Mold

2018 lee value turret press

Anybody have one yet? A lot of people recommend the classic turret on forums and YouTube over the old value turret. Never owned either but curious. Would the new base solve any problems that the old base had? Never loaded a round on anything but single stage or lee loader.

madmtt, I have an old Lee 3 hole Value Turret press and it works just fine for any pistol caliber I've done. The Classic Cast Turret is a bit taller allowing better access for larger rifle rounds. I haven't actually seen the new model press but in my mind it looks impressive. There have been a number of improvements and refinements over the old press. I have also noticed that the base price for the new press has also increased.

The new one looks interesting. It has a spent primer catcher that is a big improvement over the hollow base of the former press.

,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

In Remembrance

Looks pretty slick, just may have to check one out. On the plus side, it's a value press that seems to actually be value priced.

Boolit Master
    I mite have missed it. Will the standard 4 hole turret fit this press?
    I did see that the LOAL case is short enough that anything longer than a mid-length 3006 is too long and cant be loaded. A couple of my 06's reach into the 3" area.

As far as I understand all 4 hole turrets are the same.

They state in their advertising that small rifle will work, longer will work with manual index but should be done on the Classic Cast Turret.

It has also been suggested that the Pro1000 will also be converted to 4 holes.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the older Deluxe which I think this replaces.I got it when they first came out changed it from three hole to four holes works fine.But this new one has some features that will make it better.Was going to order one till I did the shipping estimate at fs.I'll wait till someplace else has them unless someone has a code that will help with the shipping.

Boolit Master

Titan has em for the same price. Didn't look at shipping but I think I may need 1 or 2. Mounted on the Lee dock system that little press would be a perfect prep station.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Buddy
    I have one on the way from Midway their site shows the old one but they are supposed to be the new one.Last day for my Birthday pricing and ordered some other stuff so not too bad.As much as Lee changed them I don't know why they didn't go with a new model # or added a letter or something

https://fsreloading.com/index.php?ro...h&search=90932 I like the look of the new Lee index press<
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Currently in the middle of making up new loads for our new 45acp. The old 3 hole Lee Auto advance press is still working just fine. But I do like what I see with the new press.

MUCH improved primer disposal, MUCH improved wooden roller handle...what's not to like? I'd get one if I didn't already have the older value turret, with which I am well pleased.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys for some information from people who have owned Lee turret presses. The new steel base looked very interesting. Maybe time to upgrade the only press I have owned which is a lee challenger from the early 2000’s.

Quote Originally Posted by madmtt View Post
    Thanks guys for some information from people who have owned Lee turret presses. The new steel base looked very interesting. Maybe time to upgrade the only press I have owned which is a lee challenger from the early 2000’s.
    Don't need to retire one to get another. I have 3. One is not mounted on the bench but I have it in case I need it. That one is an old RCBS JR3 which I will keep around.

Upgrade if for nothing other than pistols. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Boolit Buddy
    Lee's son is trying out other materials than just nylon and aluminum. The elder Lee, Richard, may have been technically correct in choice of materials but his don seems to understand some folks are more comfortable with cast iron or steel, even if the stressed involved do not require it.

I used a single stage Challenger for 15 years just fine. Got a Classic Turret and really enjoy it. One feature I like is that it can use the Safety Prime tray/arm. I like that so much I gave up hand priming. I wonder if this Value Turret will accept the Safety Prime?

Boolit Master

The write up on tintan says the new press will accept the safety prime (sold seperatly or course )
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

I bought two Lee Classic Turret presses a few years ago for about the same price of the new Value Turret press so no real need for another in-kind press but if I were loading several different handgun cartridges I might consider using it as a dedicated setup and have several.

I wonder if the roller handle will fit on the Classic Turret?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the new one. It has been great. I really like the primer catching tube.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170927_211709.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	213311
    Last edited by ichthyo; 02-03-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Add photo

Boolit Buddy
    Got mine today.For the way I reload its not an improvement yes the press is better built than the old Deluxe and handles spent primers better.But I don't deprime or prime on any of my presses.Haven't for twenty plus years even before I started wet tumbling.I only load handgun ammo on my turret press.The opening and amount the ram moves is increased by about 1/2 inch this will be an improvement for those that load rifle shells on it.But the handle travel is a lot more than the old press same at the top but goes very low.Better press for longer cases but not any improvement for handgun at least for me.The reason I don't prime on the press is I have a RCBS bench mount APS and I got a lot of primers at a really good price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast