Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I Really Like This Mold

Boolit Bub

I Really Like This Mold

I recently got my newly acquired Ruger Bisley in excellent working order, had the throats opened up by Bowen Classic Arms, had a new barrel installed by Ruger, but didn't have a serviceable mold. I ordered a three cavity, 200 gr, gas checked, semi-wadcutter mold from Accurate Molds up in Salt Lake City. When I received the mold, (turn around time was excellent, less than stipulated), I was pleasantly surprised. Exceptionally high quality work. And now I have a revolver that drops bullets into a 25 yard, six inch bullseye with little or no effort. Thank You Tom at Accurate Molds!
    Last edited by silhouette_shooter; 01-30-2018 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Forgot summarization

Boolit Grand Master
    Want to tell us what caliber it is ? ? ?

Boolit Grand Master
    I guess this one will remain a mystery ??????????

Boolit Bub
    Okay . . . it's for my super accurate Ruger Bisley Convertible in 45 caliber, it drops very nice bullets, they're for my 45 acp, this bullet sits on top of 4.5 grs of bullseye, lube is Felix lube, I seat the bullets and leave about half of the front driving band exposed. What really blew me away was how perfect the bullet shank is. Gas checks go on with no trouble. Not so with my RCBS and SAECO molds. Plus, the bullets drop out very nicely. I initially had a problem with the mold taking extra time to cool before I cut the sprue, then I brought a small AC fan into the picture. Problem solved. Mold was more expensive than a RCBS or a SAECO, but I consider it a bargain. Sorry for the mystery. I heat the lube till it's pour-able then pour it into my Star sizer.
    Last edited by silhouette_shooter; 02-02-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo

Boolit Bub
    I'm looking into getting a mold from a Accurate Molds too. What material is the mold Alum, steel ,brass

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by RAK2018 View Post
    I'm looking into getting a mold from a Accurate Molds too. What material is the mold Alum, steel ,brass
    I hand casted with Accurate aluminum mold but now machine cast with steel mold. Both molds are near works of art. I cant imagine anyone being disappointed opening a box with a new accurate mold in it.

Boolit Master
    For your 45 Colt cylinder, try a 45-280C or 45-280CG. I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by DHDeal; 02-08-2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Diction correction