MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Found a belt of ~55 rounds of ww2 headstamp tracers, AP, incendiary, and 2 frangible

Boolit Bub

Found a belt of ~55 rounds of ww2 headstamp tracers, AP, incendiary, and 2 frangible

I was at a local antique shop that has sections that people rent out to sell their collections and one of them had 2 belts of 30-06 ammo for $50 each. One was all blanks but the other was mostly black and red tips. I could hardly believe it so I tried to keep myself from looking too excited and bought it. Figured Id share some pics. Obviously the links arent what they originally came on, but I sure would like to see what this guy has at home that he didnt put up for sale. There were a couple ww2 nazi bring backs as well in his case. Although its unrelated to ammo, I got a can of DDT that was military issued and looks like it was intended to be put... in your hair or something as bug repellant. Its still full. Also pictured, and from the same trip to the same shop, is some face paint, a chemical stove, grease can, and a bunch of salt removing chemicals. The only reference for the salt removing chemicals I can find online is from a museum that says theyre from a space mission survival kit. They apparently take the salt out of seawater. If anyone is curious about anything I can put more pics up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war_relics2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	213565

Name:	war_relics1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	213564

Name:	war_relics3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	213566
    Last edited by TheFirst; 02-07-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: grammar/last sentence added

Boolit Master

Interesting score. Indeed there are frangibles in there as well as some blue tips which may be incendiary. Looks like a "made up" belt.

Once visited a fellow who had some military ammo for sale. Visited and out back there was an old Plymouth with the back seat full of belts of 4/1 tracer and belts of 4/1 AP and tracer. Evidently he'd picked them up on Ft Bragg reservation and a wild fire had burned over them and ruined them for shooting. Got a couple of belts and pulled them for the bullets./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Bub
    Now that would be an awesome score. I'd take every ap and tracer i could afford! I'm actually really curious about the ddt powder if they actually put that stuff in their hair...

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Interesting score. Indeed there are frangibles in there as well as some blue tips which may be incendiary. Looks like a "made up" belt.

Once visited a fellow who had some military ammo for sale. Visited and out back there was an old Plymouth with the back seat full of belts of 4/1 tracer and belts of 4/1 AP and tracer. Evidently he'd picked them up on Ft Bragg reservation and a wild fire had burned over them and ruined them for shooting. Got a couple of belts and pulled them for the bullets./beagle