Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: To size or not

Boolit Master

To size or not

I have recently started PC coating my lead bullets and I have a question. Example: I have coated about 200 .358 and .411 bullets and they are running about .002 to .003 over this after coating. OK, the question now is-- Do I resize to the same diameter as jacketed bullets .357 & .410 or Do I resize to .358 & .411? I had not put much thought about this until I had already started coating bullets. What say yea? Thanks, james

Did you size before coating?

Boolit Grand Master
    Size as you would with traditional lubes, .358 and .411 should be fine.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

Both .358 and .411 were lubed and sized before I decided to PC them. I took the lube out by hand with a screwdriver blade(very time consuming) and then soaked them for 24 hour in acetone, let them dry good and then PC'd them. james

Boolit Grand Master

I size after PC'ing boolits. They zip right through a lee sizing die with no additional lube needed.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

All the PC bullets I've made are treated just like nekkid lead bullets, including the size. My 38 caliber, 357, 44 Mag, 39-06, 7.62x54 bullets are sized to fit my guns just like a cast lead bullet fits; either cylinder throat diameter or about .002" over groove diameter...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy
    I have tried .358's both ways. pre sized and then PC. Also I have PC'D then sized . My weapons show no preference either way Other than one being not quite as accurate as the other. My mould drops at .358, so i PC ,size thru a .358 push thru die. They slide through slicker that greased Cat ****. Also fitment diameter may easier achieved by post PC sizing. However it should be remembered that PC is not as durable as a copper jacket, although it serves the purpose in the barrel. I usually gain .002 (sometimes slightly more) when i PC. For example .358 +.002= .360 . These fit my pistol cylinders and i can and have loaded and shot some. My pistol (Taurus 4"BBL .357 Mag.) dont shoot them as well, as when i use the .358 push thru after PC. They come out of it .3585". Play with it and check your gun for its likes. YMMV - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the answers guys, I think I will PC and then size again. If that doesn't work out, I will try them unseized after PC. james