RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bushells new red dot

They are in the new mailer that just came out. Sale started 1/25 and ends 2/28.

Sorry you guys can't find it, but it is there. Maybe out of stock?

I suggest looking harder.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    I have an Ultra Dot Match Dot II, it's been on a 22 LR target pistol for at least 3 years. Super reliable as long you remember to power down when you leave the range. I keep a spare battery on hand but so far haven't needed it. I treat the on/off knob like it's a loaded weapon, that way, I never forget about it.

Banned

I guess the 25 costing 60 bucks is a good optic for a tight budget. the 26 price point is suppose to be right there 150-200 street price. I may seem petty but its a BUSHNELL and if I have a 150 bucks to spend on an optic for one of my ars I don't want bushel or tasco wrote on it. Id much rather go vortex or sig that's just as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Was going to order some more TRES 25's but will wait for the TRS 26.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Midway has TRS 25's on sale right now for $60
    Amazon has the TRS 25 for $49.99
    * It is rated 98% in the 2018 Scope Reviews
    No sure of any other differences between the 25 and 26 except the 25 is a 3 MOA dot and the 26 is a 3 MOA also
    And as for battery life - a sleeve of batteries are cheap
    Last edited by John Boy; 02-18-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Regards
    John

Lloyd: those TRS 25's are way better than their price point would indicate. The reviews on everybody's websites are excellent, usually 4.8+ stars. I have 6 of them and everyone has performed perfectly for years. Best bang for your Red Dot buck out there.

For anything less that full on Combat they are more than adequate, and if that's all I had to goto war with, I wouldn't worry about it letting me down. I have one on all my Carbines my S2K and my 10-22. I have not had to rezero any of them unless I removed them from the gun.

As far as keeping the batteries in tact, you've got to shut them off when you are done shooting. I put a big White Mark on the dial on mine so I can easily see if it is on or off. Got that Idea from Nut-n Fancy.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    The only thing I would like on the TRS-25 would be the ability to install flip covers, but other than that, they are outstanding!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4947.jpg  
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Banned

I wont argue that. Ive got some on guns myself and haven't had an iota of problems with them other then forgetting to shut them off. I did what you said (I think at your recommendation) and put bold white paint on the off position that reminds me to turn them off. they are a great sight for a range gun or a gun your shooting in competition without breaking the bank. But in my house they don't get put on serious home defense guns. I don't want to get up in the middle of the night confused and half awake with an intruder in the house and try to turn on an optic in the pick dark of my bedroom.

With an aimpoint, sig romeo or this new bushnell a guy can just leave them on and check the batterys every 3 years or even longer. I know my old comp 2 aimpoint which was suppose to have a one year battery life has more like 3 years of battery life and even at that point all your really have to do is kick up the reostate one notch and its good to go again. The new vortex crossfire might fit in that category too as its suppose to be able to be left on for about 11 months on low settings.

Yes you can have a sleave of coin batterys. But if there lasting you more then a couple years there not going to be fresh batterys any more. then there is the prepper thing, end of the world silliness that says that if shtf batterys are going to be hot commodity's. AAA batterys are going to be much easier to find then coin batterys and a guy can even get rechargeable aaa's and a small solar panel. I was laughing at myself a couple years back. I decided to do battery replacement on all of my scopes, dots, rangefinders, flashlights and other battery things that I would want if something did happen and found id have to stock over a 1/2 dozen different batterys and some that you don't find at every convenience store. A lot of these tools would be about useless after a short time or even about immediately if someone left them on by mistake.

All that said I do realize that some (including me) cant buy aimpoints and acogs for every gun in the house and its also hard to justify a 500 dollar sight on a 300 dollar 22 that uses for rolling beer cans at the range. I really like this new sig sauer Its in the same price range as vortex strikefires and spacs and has just as good ratings on line and much better battery life. I paid 200 bucks for it but they have a cheaper model for 150 that uses coin batterys instead of aaa. But that is even about exceptable to me when your talking a 5 year battery life. even if shtf happened in the next couple year I doubt many of us old timers would have to be to conserned about 5 years from now and ALL my ars have flip up opens on them anyway so I guess I could get by with them. One question for you W.R. what the heck is that gun in your picture. it looks like an AR with a shotgun stock on it????
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Lloyd: those TRS 25's are way better than their price point would indicate. The reviews on everybody's websites are excellent, usually 4.8+ stars. I have 6 of them and everyone has performed perfectly for years. Best bang for your Red Dot buck out there.

For anything less that full on Combat they are more than adequate, and if that's all I had to goto war with, I wouldn't worry about it letting me down. I have one on all my Carbines my S2K and my 10-22. I have not had to rezero any of them unless I removed them from the gun.

As far as keeping the batteries in tact, you've got to shut them off when you are done shooting. I put a big White Mark on the dial on mine so I can easily see if it is on or off. Got that Idea from Nut-n Fancy.

Randy

Boolit Grand Master

I'm pretty fussy about my optics, lots of failed or questionable scopes on my "take-off" shelf and almost exclusively VX-3's on my serious hunting rifles these days. When I was looking for a spotting scope awhile back a Bushnell came out on top for my purposes and well under budget. When I wanted to play with a red dot I listened to Randy and bought the TRS-25. Then I bought another for my MSR/house rifle. I'm not a big fan of red-dots but this one works for my purposes. Good electronics don't have to be expensive to work.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Amazon for $49.31 with Prime, but this one does not come with an AR-15 riser though they list one that comes with a riser for $71.99

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I just ordered a sig sauer romeo 5 to try. Pretty good reviews on line for them. It has that same motion activation. Its the main reason I bought it over a vortex. but this new trs26 and the new vortex crossfire have battery life just as long and don't need to shut down.
    I got one of the SIG Romeos
    a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used it yet but playing around with it think I'll order another one.

Lloyd: that is my Fight Lite SCR and it is AR from the mag well forward and Rem 1100 from there back. The recoil spring is in the pistol grip and the Bolt Carrier is cutoff right behind the Firing Pin Retaining Pin. There is a hinged strut that pivots on the Retaining Pin called a Rat Tail and that's how the gun cycles.

It uses any AR upper.

It is considered a "Featureless Rifle" here in CA and so it comes under the same heading as a Mini 14 or KT SU16.

It is by far my favorite Carbine and runs and shoots great. Points like a shotgun.

Here's some more pics or you can go to the website. https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

Brownell's has the Lowers complete with Bolt Carrier. for about $525. I used a PSA 16" Dissipator upper for mine and am trying to find out when they will have 24" uppers back in stock for my Long Range gun.

After shooting one you won't want your AR any more.

I would like not having to shut the sight off everytime I get done. If you have to grab and go having a Red Dot that was ready for action would be a plus.

I put a Tritium Front Sight on my HD Shotgun for just that reason. It's always on.

Randy

Boolit Master

Be careful on Amazon. Some of those are counterfeits . Don't ask me how I know.

Banned

Ya I'm pretty impressed with mine too. I just got a glock lower to build an ar15 9mm handgun on. Right now another sig is at the top of my list to put on that one too. I find nothing in the 200 dollar range that compares to the features on the romeo 5. I'm also considering the new crossfire vortex but battery life is like 10 months instead of 5 years left on and the price is about the same if you compare the coil battery models. the sparcAR with AAA batterys compares to a my romeo 5 with AAA's but the difference in battery life is greater between those two models and the vortex times out if left on. I know that isn't a big deal to most but who wants to throw up there gun and and find out the sight has turned itself off. Id even put up with putting new AAA's in it every 3 or 4 months if you cold leave it on. the new bushel is still the unknown competitor. Only thing ive noticed is in the pictures ive seen of it its quite a bit bigger then the sparc or romeo and the original trs25
    Quote Originally Posted by DDriller View Post
    I got one of the SIG Romeos
    a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used it yet but playing around with it think I'll order another one.

Banned

seems like a cool setup to skirt the stupid CA laws. Now if you could only put a real magazine in it. I doubt id buy one especially with a lower that costs 3 times more then an ar15 and a stock that wont collapse but it sure looks better then those BUT UGLY thumbhole stock CA guns use. I thought you couldn't use a removable mag and had to top load? Is this model exempt from that stupidity?
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Lloyd: that is my Fight Lite SCR and it is AR from the mag well forward and Rem 1100 from there back. The recoil spring is in the pistol grip and the Bolt Carrier is cutoff right behind the Firing Pin Retaining Pin. There is a hinged strut that pivots on the Retaining Pin called a Rat Tail and that's how the gun cycles.

It uses any AR upper.

It is considered a "Featureless Rifle" here in CA and so it comes under the same heading as a Mini 14 or KT SU16.

It is by far my favorite Carbine and runs and shoots great. Points like a shotgun.

Here's some more pics or you can go to the website. https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

Brownell's has the Lowers complete with Bolt Carrier. for about $525. I used a PSA 16" Dissipator upper for mine and am trying to find out when they will have 24" uppers back in stock for my Long Range gun.

After shooting one you won't want your AR any more.

I would like not having to shut the sight off everytime I get done. If you have to grab and go having a Red Dot that was ready for action would be a plus.

I put a Tritium Front Sight on my HD Shotgun for just that reason. It's always on.

Randy

Banned

Yup I bought one marked Bushnell that had the rheostat square on the side at 9 oclock not angled at 2 oclock like the rest I have. Ive allways wondered if it was a counterfeit unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Be careful on Amazon. Some of those are counterfeits . Don't ask me how I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12