MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Uniflow Powder Measure Cap

Uniflow Powder Measure Cap

I'm in need of a cap for an older RCBS Uniflow powder measure.

I can get by just fine with plastic wrap and a rubber band but I thought if anyone had one laying around I would happily give it a new home.

Boolit Master
    Just went through this with a used measure. If you contact RCBS they will send you a "Stockap" C-2-3/8 plastic cap, they seem to no longer provide the green ones.

For my other measure they replaced the clear hopper with a retrofit green hopper and the "new" cap.

Metric, thanks for the info.

I will give them a ring later this week.

Boolit Master

Lost mine and turned a new one out of Black Walnut. Heavier and stays in place better. Prettier too!

Boolit Master

Call RCBS they will send you one

Boolit Grand Master

You can Form a mould out of clay and pour one from epoxy. It easier to do with the actual cap but can be done with the hopper for getting the sizes from. Last one I did for a friend I made the insert end 3/4" long to help it stay in the hopper.

For this you want modeling clay not playdough. I prefer a longer cure epoxy of at least 1 hour. It gives a longer work time and more time for air to work out.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I wrote to RCBS because I just bought a Uniflow and the hopper was cracked and it only had the small funnel and not the 30-45 cal larger one, and asked where I could find these parts. They wrote back that the parts had been shipped, no charge to my address. They arrived last Saturday. I have nothing but praise for RCBS customer service. That is twice that I have written them about a product that I had bought used and they made it as new again.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    Apparently I'm weird, I own several powder measures, and I never use the cap. I fill it, use it, then empty the remains back into the powder container.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 454PB View Post
    Apparently I'm weird, I own several powder measures, and I never use the cap. I fill it, use it, then empty the remains back into the powder container.
    I do the same but I put mine on when not in use. Might be weird but I like to keep foreign thinks from getting in there. Kinda like putting a dust cover on your 550.

Boolit Bub
    I replaced a couple of mine with Butler Creek flip open scope caps. They work great and I never loose them.

RCBS sent me a new hopper and black cap for my vintage 1979 Uniflow - at no charge. Very good service, as usual...
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

I'm glad to hear that RCBS still has great customer service.

I would just turn one out of wood but those tools are still in storage.

I'll give them a ring later and see.

Now to find a scale....

I use a coke can with the top cut off. Light weight, easy to lift to check levels. Keeps powder dry away from humidity, sparks, etc.

Boolit Bub
    Fairly new to the board, but I have been reloading for 40+ years. Started out using guidance from a couple old salts that pointed me toward RCBS. Their customer service is awesome. I have all but rebuilt multiple pieces of RCBS gear with nothing but a phone call or email. Simple stuff. As MMW stated, they'll ship you a new hopper and cap. While your at it, get a new bow washer. Nice thing to have a spare of.

Boolit Master
    i use the tops that come on my prescription pill bottles, work fine. if you don't take pills, you will when you get 70+++, ask a neighbor or your parents. i buy then in gun shops with them missing the tops and they will give you a discount on the powder measure, go home and put a pill bottle top on it and VIOLA!! a top.