Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Can Catholics eat bacon ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    How do Methodists Baptize ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Bacon fat?
    6bg6ga I understand your here only to distract those trying to confirm , share and enjoy combined fellowship in our common faith and belief in our savior Jesus Christ . As in the past of the old pit all I can do is

Did you know that GOD gave his son Jesus Christ who came to die to pay for your sins assuring you through GOD's offer of salvation and eternal life through him by your faith in him . Through the death , resurrection and shed blood of Christ you are given this free offer of salvation . GOD loves you and has made a place for you and by your simple faith and belief in him you are saved .

Banned
    Sir,

i do not see any fellowship in this thread at all. Bacon and its enjoyment by catholics has absolutely nothing to do with fellowship and of course that is my twisted opinion. I find it amusing that you try to incorporate fellowship with anything concerned in this thread. It should have been closed at post number 2 again my opinion.

Fellowship ...noun a friendly association with people that share the same interest. Thread topic bacon can catholics eat bacon. Sorry, don't see the connection. I do see the enjoyment of bacon connection and find it somewhat amusing but still don't see a connection with God and bacon. I guess one could start a thread about Baptists using premium gasoline and come to some twisted connection with fellowship.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 02-02-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    Definition of fellowship for English Language Learners. : a friendly relationship among people. : the relationship of people who share interests or feelings. : a group of people who have similar interests.

How can we have fellowship if we don't understand who each other are?

I ask,to sit back and watch this thread develop. Just see where it leads without distracting from its intent

If I know nothing else about boaz his intentions are pure and his heart only is to serve God. So if i agree or disagree with him it is of no matter I know his heart.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Thank you Ronnie .

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Sir,

i do not see any fellowship in this thread at all. Bacon and its enjoyment by catholics has absolutely nothing to do with fellowship and of course that is my twisted opinion. I find it amusing that you try to incorporate fellowship with anything concerned in this thread. It should have been closed at post number 2 again my opinion.

Fellowship ...noun a friendly association with people that share the same interest. Thread topic bacon can catholics eat bacon. Sorry, don't see the connection. I do see the enjoyment of bacon connection and find it somewhat amusing but still don't see a connection with God and bacon. I guess one could start a thread about Baptists using premium gasoline and come to some twisted connection with fellowship.
    This thread has nothing to do with Catholics being able to eat bacon and after reading so far if you can't figure that out I would be at a loss to attempt explanation . The title to the thread was meant to be humorous and also lead to an understanding of no understanding or misunderstanding . Though we of different denominations live , work and interact with one another everyday our knowledge and understanding of what we believe and how we worship GOD is rarely mentioned.

Seems that we hide our faith , somehow it's not correct to talk about the way we worship . How is it that we can't share the most important thing in our life ? I'm an Independent Baptist , I'm about as interdenominational as they come and I'm not here to convert anyone but to learn and share to have a greater understanding of others that have faith in my GOD . Perhaps I'm too simple or childlike but seems to me we have a common bond and will be sharing our final home not long from now . I will not be quoting much scripture in this thread but the second great commandment of our savior comes to mind . I used the Catholic version .

One of the scribes,i when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?”

Jesus replied, “The first is this: ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone!

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’j

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.

The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’

And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”l

And when Jesus saw that answered with understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Wording is a bit different from my King James but the message is the same .
    Last edited by Boaz; 02-02-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Very well said Boaz, and back to the spirit of this thread, us Presbyterians love us some bacon.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Just some insight for anyone brave enough to seek truth
    https://m.facebook.com/Why-some-Chri...9072832117098/

[QUOTE=Pine Baron;4279495]Very well said Boaz, and back to the spirit of this thread, us Presbyterians love us some bacon.[/QUOT

Thank you Pine Baron . I know you to be open minded and willing to share as well as willing to listen . You had me spellbound during a conversation on unconditional love . I have had many people here that have helped me on my path . Had one pose a question this morning by pm that is going to make me read my bible . The chapel is unique being on a reloading / gun forum , I know of some that came here as nonbelievers but in time accepted Christ as their savior . This chapel can not take credit for their decision but I know much encouragement was given .

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbub View Post
    Boaz, as related by 2ndAmendmentNut, baptism can be valid, as long as it is in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, even if performed by a non-Christian. There are records of persecutors being moved to baptize those they tortured during their interrogations at the request of the prisoner, sometimes bringing about their own conversion. IIRC, this was done in Roman prisons, during the middle ages in Japan and in Soviet Russia, by prisoners who understood they would likely not survive and knew the need to be born of water and the Spirit. In one account of protracted torture by the KGB for being Christian, the interrogator was convinced to baptize the teenage girl whose spirit he was tasked to break, and afterward, he demanded to be baptized by her, after which he facilitated her eventual dismissal from the prison. I wish I had references, but I'm sure they can be searched on the 'net.

The life of the Church still revolves around Christ and the sacraments He instituted, as it has since the beginning. Maybe a definition would be good here; A sacrament is an outward (perceivable) sign that also does what it signifies. Water Baptism is clearly a sign (washing), but it also accomplishes what it's about, entry into the life of grace. The Catholic church baptizes children to arm them also with the protection of grace they will need. No need to hold them back from being hidden in grace while the spirit of this world preys on them as he surely will. This presumes pro-active efforts of parents or guardians to educate and form the child's character and conscience. The time of public professing is at Confirmation when one receives the seal of faith and is a soldier of Christ - egregiously poor catechesis in many places in the last 50 years notwithstanding.

Catholic doctrine has never changed from the beginning. Methods and processes, yes. Doctrine, no. Divorce is treated differently now from prior centuries due to greater understanding of human strengths and frailties, as well as phenominal changes in how we live. Divorce is still only the secular legal divvying up of responsibilities and goods, not the "unmaking" of a valid sacramental marriage, which can't be done by any human authority. What is termed annulment is an investigation to determine if a valid marriage actually exists. If yes, they are married for life, but with counseling and maturity they are entitled to work toward reconciliation at some point. If no, no valid marriage ever existed, they are free and can validly marry others. This was Henry the VIII's hangup. The purpose of marriage is living and loving to get one's self and spouse to heaven. As noted by Paul, it may well not be an easy row to hoe. Faithful discipleship often isn't, I suppose.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread:

Attachment 213078
    You made a good post ...thank you . Baptist churches as a rule do not discriminate people that have been divorced as far as membership . But according to the individual church for the better part in the past men could not be a deacon or hold position . Point being they were expected to an example . Actually I don't have a problem with it and understand .

But due to social and cultural changes divorced men are accepted as deacons or placed in positions of authority . All churches have changed in my lifetime . I remember they all had 'trouble' when heart transplants started , figuratively speaking the heart was the soul , the spirit . but we have moved on and accepted that life saving surgery as a blessing . Birth control 'contraceptives' were looked at as evil , but we have accepted it and moved on .

In the Baptist churches we have no sacraments . We have ordnances . This is from my church and self explanatory ;

The establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control.
    The Bible teaches that there are two ordinances given to the church to administer 1) Baptism 2) The Lord’s Supper. However, neither are sacraments or give any sort of saving grace. They are simply acts of obedience designed to point to Christ’s death and resurrection. (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; I Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11).(Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; I Cor. 3:9, 16; 5:4-7, 13; I Peter 5:1-4).

Thank you for your post , it was good !

We don't have any ceremony for new born . In smaller churches like mine the pastor will carry the baby to the pulpit and introduce them to the congregation with much praise and prayer . It is a time to rejoice in GOD's miracle and much attention will be given to the parents .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456