RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: "upload photos from computer" NOT showing/available

"upload photos from computer" NOT showing/available

Very frustrating...

I cannot upload a photo to PM or a Post, as I do not have available "upload from computer" in both PMs and Posts. The URL option is the only one available. I have been able to do this before, but not now, and not for a little while leading up to this point. I thought it would just reappear, but I need to be able to PM some photos now, but cannot do so.

I have searched for this on CB, but I can only find references to those who have had this happen. Cannot find a fix, unless I am just missing the obvious, which is certainly possible.

Help, please?

Thanks,
    Bob

This problem is getting weird!

When I wrote the above post, I tried adding an image from my computer, and only the "URL" option was available. Just for the heck of it, I just "edited" the first post, and checked this post, and I now have the option to "upload from computer". However, I just checked do the same in a PM before testing in this post, and the "uploading" option was not there!? Again, the "URL" option was there, however.

Is George messing with me?

Boolit Buddy
    I wish I could help, I've got two laptops and a tablet I've been fighting with all weekend. Sometimes doing a system update helps, or maybe just shut it off and then restart it. You'll figure it out, good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by nun2kute View Post
    I wish I could help, I've got two laptops and a tablet I've been fighting with all weekend. Sometimes doing a system update helps, or maybe just shut it off and then restart it. You'll figure it out, good luck !
    Thanks... I just checked and all is up to date. Rats! Thought we might have something there...

Banned
    They won't let you upload picture much larger than 150kb. downsize the picture and try again

I like using Imgur
    Posting pictures using IMGUR

1 Go to https://imgur.com/
    Select sign up
    Fill out information or register with: facebook, twitter, Google+ or Yahoo account
    Select new post, upload image, browse, select your image from your computer and click open
    Hover mouse over your chosen name (top right toolbar) and select images
    Left click on the image you want to post
    Then click on COPY next to [BBCode (message boards & forums)]
    Go to the post you want to put the image in, either right click and select paste or hit [Ctrl + V]
    Save your post and you're done.

Linky http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...g-screen-shots

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    They won't let you upload picture much larger than 150kb. downsize the picture and try again
    Thanks, but the problem is that I have NO choice for "uploading" a photo. The only option is to go to a "URL". Normally there are two options: 1) upload from a computer by browsing, and 2) enter a URL. I do not have option number 1 at all when I try to write a PM, or a post (sometimes ?). I could handle the image size, but no option to "upload".

I have read the link you reference. Just want to see if I can get this working the way it is supposed to work.

Thanks again. If you have any other ideas about my exact problem, please let me know.

Bob

This is what I get when I try to insert an image into a PM. Why it works here, now, I cannot say. ??

The option to upload is just gone. Any ideas why this option no longer exists when I want to "insert image" into a PM?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insert image test.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	212973

Boolit Master
    Are you scrolling down and using the "Manage attachments" button when you try to post? It looks like you're trying to use something else.

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Are you scrolling down and using the "Manage attachments" button when you try to post? It looks like you're trying to use something else.
    Thanks for the post. I just got back from the dentist since I posted last this morning. Not in the best frame of mind just now.

Not sure which button you mean by "management attachments" button. I'm trying to use "insert image" button as circled in red (wrong button to use ?):

Name:	attachment image.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	212987

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Attachment 212988

Yup. I know just what your talking about. I too have only one option sometimes also. For now it's working normally.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I followed the instructions and loaded one from url and then next to it one from computer. My first time to get it done.

Boolit Master

I never did this before and it worked for me

Test pic Attachment 213016 I did have to resize it though

Ok lets try to walk through this, calmly.

Click reply to my post, you get the text window where you can type, and the row of icons on top.

At the bottom right, click "go advanced"

Now if you made that jump, you still have a text window to type in.

But down below there is a new button.

"Manage attachments"

Click it and yet another window pops.

Top right corner of that window "add files" and below that "Upload from your computer" and "Browse"

Tis the browse you want.

Select a file, upload it.
    Insert inline.

Attachment 213027

And the system saves what you upload. So if you ever need it again, scroll through, ahh there it is. Click it, drag to the bottom, insert, hey presto.

Good luck.

Stay CALM.

GhostHawk,

I appreciate you response. Really do! However, as this has developed, I've stated my current problem is with PMs, now, as my ability to upload images to "Posts" has come back. I have no capability with PMs to "Go Advanced", and there I can see no "button" such as "manage attachments". Here are images of the entire "PM" window that I get:

Name:	PM window 1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	213032

Name:	PM window 2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	213033

It appears there is a variability to this, in that, at least with some of us, this option is just not available at all times. I have come to accept this now that I know what is going on. When this morning started, I could not even upload images to posts, but that ability came back rather quickly, but it is still absent from PMs for me. Others here have stated they have noticed this come and go. I do not use images with posts or PMs often enough to see this variability. It has always worked for me with both, and suddenly when needed, I ran into this problem that neither worked.

Thanks to all for your help. All directions to how to do this will be referenced when needed, especially tomorrow morning when I try it again with PMs. I've got a workaround now for the images I want to send. I hate asking someone their email address, and I'm in the process of doing some horse trading with someone on CB, but he has provided me with his email address for the photos, so all is good. Maybe one day my capability with sending photos with PMs will return, but 'till then I'll just live with it, or use a image hosting site. The odd thing about this is that I looked up a photo I have stored on CB, copied the URL, entered that URL into the URL attaching box on a PM, and that did not even work. Go figure...

Again, I really appreciate help from all. If there is something missing on my PM window shown with the uploaded images on this post, that may have some bearing on this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Bob