Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Redding saeco .357 2-cavity 160 grn rnfp mold w/ handles

Boolit Buddy

Redding saeco .357 2-cavity 160 grn rnfp mold w/ handles

Here is a Redding Saeco mold for a very rare bullet shape in .357-a round nose, flat point 160 grain, with 2 broad driving bands, and 1 deep lube band. Using wheelweight alloy, the cast bullet is in the .364-.366 diameter range, so the bullets will need to be resized to be used. I resize/lube with Lyman Moly and this is a tack driver out of my S&W 27-2, 5" barrel at any range I think I can hit at what I'm aiming. The condition of the mold is perfect, with no flaws of any sort, and the handles mate perfectly with the mold. I ship only to the 50 US states via USPS, so don't ask for foreign shipping. Shipping is $13.65 and the cost of the mold/handle combo is $99.00. Ships from NC. Free local pickup. Paypal is fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 015.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	212926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 014.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	212927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 017.jpg 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	212928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 018.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	212929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 019.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	212930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 021.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	212931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casting Molds 020.jpg 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	212932

Boolit Master
    I'll take mould/handles for $99.00 plus shipping.

.22-10-45: Good pick. I own that mould and it's one of my favorite. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    .22-10-45,
    Have you received any PMs from me? I'm not sure my computer is connecting with yours. Email me at 'shagslowatgmaildotcom'.

Boolit Buddy
    This transaction is cancelled. Mold is no longer for sale.
    Last edited by shaggist; 02-03-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Confused (easy for me ) re what's happened/happening. If this mould is still available, I'd surely like to purchase it. PM me?
    Thank you!
    georgerkahn

Confusion eliminated edit: Mould apparently is at present no longer for sale. g
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 02-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Boolit Master
    I agreed to purchase Mould from Mr. Shaggist & both PM & Email were sent confirming this. Due to unforeseen plumbing emergency at home, I wasn;t able to get to bank/Post office until yesterday, when I mailed Mr. Shaggist asking price out to him. I have no Internet service at home. Mr. Shggist has just Emailed me that I cannot now have this mould. What do you guys think of this? In all my years of buying merchandise on this and other firearm related sites,..and having to sometimes wait a few weeks myself for delivery, I have never had this happen before. Must be the new "I want it now! generation thing?
    Last edited by .22-10-45; 02-03-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Had it happen to me on another forum. Bought a part from a gunsmith in Mex.. I mean California, money order was on the way, when he emailed that he had sold it locally.
    Did not think it too professional, but it is what it is. Put him on my ignore list and forgot about it.

Moderator Emeritus

As sales do get canceled for myriads of reasons, I did in fact -- holding .22-10-45's offer as perhaps still being on the table while not knowing details vis the mould again becoming (so it appeared to me) available -- post what I did, the operative terms being, "if this mould is still available..." The OP emailed me, "Yes, it is cancelled. I am going to keep the mold for a while longer. I'll retain your info in case I decide to sell it in the future. Thank for the interest. Take care."
    Similar has also happened to me on a few occasions. As Forrest Gum aptly stated, "Stuff happens!". Indeed it may have been nice for you (.22-10-45) to get the mould; or me... We can but hope perhaps one in better condition and at a lower price will appear: part of the fun of checkin' out S&S .
    Sorry for you and me...
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    What this person from Michigan is neglecting to mention in his public castigation of me is that he posted and emailed 'I'll take it' on Sunday and then disappeared. No communication of any kind until I queried him on Thursday as to how he planned to pay for his purchase, since I had not received payment in a timely manner. I then received a whiney email about how he worked 70 hours/week and didn't have time to get to the USPO to get a money order. I wasn't asked if this form of payment was acceptable to me. I asked him to inform me when the payment was sent, so that I would be able to anticipate it at my mailbox, which isn't at my front door. Thieves, you know. When I still hadn't heard anything by 8:00 AM Saturday morning, I cancelled the transaction.

It may be acceptable to be casual about financial transactions at his house, but not in the world in which I buy and sell items. I am very active on Ebay and have a 100% feedback rating for buying and selling of approximately 1000 times, and you don't get that by being slack about dealing with others. Your payments and shipments must be quick and timely, or you won't be doing business there very long. Just because he is inconsiderate of others doesn't mean that people with whom he deals have to quietly accept his lackadaisical attitudes about promptness and good communication. After he just couldn't find the time to obtain the money order, send it, and tell me about it, I cancelled the transaction. I had 2 back-up offers, both offering to pay immediately with Paypal, and I turned both of them down because I relied on Michigan to fulfill his verbal contract in a timely manner. It may be acceptable to some people to be tolerant of inconsideration, but I am not one of them. Deal with him at your own risk.